PDA

View Full Version : selling organs.....

hrsp
04-01-2007, 12:58 PM
just saw this on yahoo.com....one doctor is proposing that it be legal for people to sell there kidneys....what do you think about it?
would you sell yours for 60-70k?

84hurst
04-01-2007, 01:17 PM
no, i'm happy having two and knowing they'll be there awhile. :thumbsup

Yooformula
04-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I'd sell mine for a C6 Zo6..;)

Arigmaster
04-01-2007, 01:34 PM
No way!

I'll keep the ones I got. I am even paranoid about putting the donor sticker on my drivers license. I gave the wife the okay to donate when I'm gone, but I would rather have them try to save me than part me out.

I think anyone who would sell their organs would be making a big mistake. When your young you think your bullet proof and just because you may think you don't need it now... You never know what the future holds for you. I mean... what if you sell one and the other gets damaged by a car crash or some other thing? Where are you then?

I am sure that health insurance carriers would have a bird if they found out you willingly sold an organ, and they run the risk of keeping you on life support till a compattible one comes along. If this becomes legal, I think that Insurance companies would have disclaimers in their policies for it.

I think the only right thing would be to donate if it's a family member or friend who is in need and it would mean saving their life. Selling organs would make you nothing other than livestock in my own opinion...

Breecher_7
04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I think there worth more then that, quarter mil and id go for it.......

flyin_blue_egg
04-01-2007, 08:47 PM
^^^i'm with him...it'd have to be WELL over $100,000 and then i still doubt i'd do it

Reverend Cooper
04-01-2007, 08:53 PM
i would sell my liver......poor bastard getting it would be ****ed tho lololol