PDA

View Full Version : new phone

Anakonda69
04-01-2007, 11:59 AM
just got a lg cu500 bought a micro sd memory card at target and when i put it in the phone it says the card is not ready....i looked thru the book and it doesn't have anything about this as far as troubleshooting...before i take it in just thought i'd ask....anyone have any ideas?

Goat Roper
04-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Is the card too big for the phone, capacity wise?

88Nightmare
04-01-2007, 12:19 PM
pop the card into your computer and have windows format it first before using :D

Anakonda69
04-01-2007, 12:45 PM
what port? my computer is quite old.....the micro card came with an adapter for like a digital camera but thats it......

84hurst
04-01-2007, 01:20 PM
the card I bought for my Treo 650 did something similar but my phone has a format option. So I formated it and now it works fine. Maybe you have something similar???

Anakonda69
04-01-2007, 01:23 PM
where did u find the format option? i looked thru the whole damn phone...lol

84hurst
04-01-2007, 01:26 PM
where did u find the format option? i looked thru the whole damn phone...lol

when I first insert the card, I pull down the menu (touchscreen) and a format card option is listed.

84hurst
04-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Found this on the net check it out...

What's with cell phone carriers in the U.S.!? LG gives away this software free in the box on every version of the phone in other countries; in Australia it's known as the "TU500" and has video-phone calling (our CU500 has the capability but it's disabled in the firmware because no telco here offers it)

Can you BELIEVE they went to all the trouble of making an entire Suite of software for this phone like moto phone tools, and Cingular decides we don't need it?

anywho, here's the link to download the software:
Download: http://au.lgmobile.com/webwar/jsp/phones/mnswList.jsp
you'll see the TU500 with pic, and a download link for the software, left-CLICK the link, don't rightclick and save-as, (it's java) it downloads the entire contents of the CD (including drivers and such)

Here's what the installer shows you:

PC Sync -
"LG Desktop" app is for Outlook or Outlook Express syncing (and CSV), also allows you to edit/view Contacts, Calendar, Memo, and Tasks.
"LG Sync Manager" (installs with LG Desktop) adds PDA like sync capability, you just plug in the phone (or bluetooth) right click the icon and click Syncronize, and you're always up to date. Very cool little mighty app that has conflict resolution and multiple data overwriting options similar to palm/activesync.
Phone Manager
"LG Phone Manager" is the FUN and VERY FUNCTIONAL watered down version of LG Desktop, but it's easier and lets you backup and restore the ENTIRE phonebook entries (INCLUDING CONTACT-PHOTOS and custom made avatars in it's little avatar creation app) on the phone and create/edit entries on the PC, a MUST. (you can even do your phone book using pics from your PC and it even helps you crop and resize the pics for the phone's screen!, and then uploads the pics at proper resolution when you do export to phone, it's so cool!!!!!!)
Internet Link - internet connection app, but all of it's presets are for EVERY COUNTRY ON THE GLOBE BESIDES THE U.S., so some tweaking will have to be done to get this one to work (most of the *XX# type codes are similar in other countries, and it lets you see what it's doing, shouldn't be too dificult)
USB Drivers - yes, USB drivers
Manual (for the TU500, same phone but different features)

anywho, after you install it, double click the LG Sync Manager app, you'll get a yellow swirly icon in your system tray, right click it and choose "configurations" (good spot to take notice what's in here too) go to communication settings, and choose bluetooth or USB, and pick the port (if it's not already highlighted), and VIOLA! full PC software suite for U.S. LG CU500 owners. I dont' even OWN the USB cable, I'm using a 4 year old Microsoft bluetooth dongle from a keyboard i used to own lol.

84hurst
04-01-2007, 01:35 PM
check this link. sounds like your issue. hope I could help!:thumbsup
http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/message?board.id=LG&thread.id=10336

Anakonda69
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
well i'm gonna dl that program and see what happens....if nothing then back to cingular i go