PDA

View Full Version : Wet sanding/polishing guru wanted

Goat Roper
03-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I have two tail lights, both have a few laeyrs of nightshade on them. One is wet sandded and polished already, the other is not. Might actually take the car out this weekend but at night that one tail light is noticably darker.

Can anyone one here tackle this? I would but I have never done this before.

Thanks.

TURTLE
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
i know that rubbing alcohol also works to take the stuff off... i did a 1/2 a$$ job on my tails and they started flaking... rubbing for 5 minutes with some of the good stuff took it right off, then i just used some plastic polish and they're good as new

Goat Roper
03-30-2007, 11:07 AM
i know that rubbing alcohol also works to take the stuff off... i did a 1/2 a$$ job on my tails and they started flaking... rubbing for 5 minutes with some of the good stuff took it right off, then i just used some plastic polish and they're good as new

Well I don't want to take it off completely, just get it to match the other tail light. The other tail light looks great, this one CAN look that good but will need the wet sanding

pickardracing
03-30-2007, 11:26 AM
From what vehicle?

I do refurbishing of yellowed headlights for the Mustang guys, I'm sure the same principles apply.

Post some pics.