PDA

View Full Version : Quick upgrades

91_GST
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
I have a 91 talon gst if you cant figure it out from my name. lol I am looking for some good online stores that people have delt with fror performance parts. i can google for stores but i want to see if there are any "Big" stores that are cheep. im looking for some upgrades for motor cross racing, looking at suspention and tires for now. may get into drifting but that is too expensive rite now, especially tires! Suggestions on suspention would be appreciated.

WilliamZ
03-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Type in Motocross parts in Google and I found a bunch.

Flicktitty
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
I have a 91 talon gst if you cant figure it out from my name. lol I am looking for some good online stores that people have delt with fror performance parts. i can google for stores but i want to see if there are any "Big" stores that are cheep. im looking for some upgrades for motor cross racing, looking at suspention and tires for now. may get into drifting but that is too expensive rite now, especially tires! Suggestions on suspention would be appreciated.

Motorcross? isn't that with bikes?
:confused :confused :confused
or do you mean AutoCross?
And how do you plan on drifting a FWD car?

91_GST
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Motorcross? isn't that with bikes?
or do you mean AutoCross?

Yeah autocross sorry im new at this stuff i got into it because a few of my friends do it. my friend made his GST rear wheel drive and swaped in a 240 rearend. I'm still learning the sport so any help will be appriciated. what kinda turbo upgrades can i get? my friend has a 20g turbo? what can i make for power with it? also i know i need to upgrade the fuel system too.

sloLs1
03-28-2007, 03:24 PM
oh boy.....

vvv GO THERE vvv

www.widsm.org

Flicktitty
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah autocross sorry im new at this stuff i got into it because a few of my friends do it. my friend made his GST rear wheel drive and swaped in a 240 rearend. I'm still learning the sport so any help will be appriciated. what kinda turbo upgrades can i get? my friend has a 20g turbo? what can i make for power with it? also i know i need to upgrade the fuel system too.

What tranny did he put in the car?
uhm he converted a FWD car to RWD eh?
:rolleyes: :confused :rolleyes: :confused :rolleyes: :confused :rolleyes: :confused
hmmm, anyway keep your car the way it is or sell it and buy a AWD one.

Basic mods - Injectors,intake,exhaust,downpipe,boost controller,A/F Controller,16G turbo,bov, and coilovers, i'm not a big DSM guy, but there are a few in here

Twicks/Brandon/Topstreet/SloLs1/Gvr4 guys.....uhm yeah they can help you.

twicks69
03-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Well, not to be raining on the parade, but it is going to cost ALOT of money to turn your FWD 1G into a RWD autocross one--if you were doing to do that, you have a heck of alot of time and money tied up, and it would be better suited for 1/4 mile than autoX. You are better off running it as FWD, or selling your car and getting a different platform to start with.

First off, where in Wisconsin do you live?? Which organization are you going to be running in? SCCA? (http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/) or Fox Valley Sports Car Club (FVSCC)(http://www.fvscc.com/)(appleton area)?

If you are set on autocross, then you will have to deal with your existing platform by making your car run at its best before modifying it.

Then research which class you are interested in running by reading the SCCA rulebook and solo class guidlines for allowed modifications. Links below: http://www.scca.com/_filelibrary/File/solocategories.pdf
http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/File/2007SoloRules.pdf

Second, your car is stock, and would be placed into "G Stock" class off the bat. Classes applicable to your application will be Stock, STX, Street Prepared, or SM (Street Modified). Please read the solo categories guidelines before you start spending a ton of money, just to be kicked into a more competitive class.

Lastly, it is much smarter to keep the car stock with a good set of tires like Falken Azenis (or similar with a treadwear minimum of 140). A good set of lightweight rims can be had for around $500-600 (rota slipstreams 16X7" (225/50) or subzeros 17X7.5" (245/45 tires), and become a better driver with your application before modifying. You might determine that you are just fine with a stock car versus the quirks of a heavily modified car.

I hope that this gives you a little more information.

Flicktitty
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
/\ Good post there Tim +1

Brandon W.
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
oh boy.....

vvv GO THERE vvv

www.widsm.org

NO!!!! dont send him there. he thinks he has a Talon GS-T..either you have a TSI (Talon) or a GS-T (Eclipse) ;)..ugh.if you want to do autcross i would recommend some 4-way?3 way? adjustable's.(Brand of choice)for shocks. also some drilled/slotted rotors(yet again Brand of choice)along with Bigger Brakes calipers(brand of choice here) and go with a SMALL turbo.hell id use the stock turbo and just get a Boost controller and turbo timer. a big turbo would be pointless. turbo lag is your worst enemy out of corners. a 20G is way to big for this ..now depending on how far and serious you want to get you can determine your fuel setup. i would just get some 680's for injectors and an S-AFC for tuning it. a 2.5" exhaust and some nice tires. you could do this for about $2500-$3000 with NEW parts..now if you know how to look you can always find Slightly used Performance parts from some idiot who put them on then couldnt get there car running right.those parts have little or no miles on them and are cheap.any more questions please ask.

Flicktitty
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
NO!!!! dont send him there..

i was thinking the same thing :rolf :rolf :rolf

sloLs1
03-28-2007, 10:02 PM
i was thinking the same thing :rolf :rolf :rolf

why?!?!

i think it would be funny.... pretty sure he'd have a new a-hole or 2 ripped:rolf :rolf :rolf

wikked
03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
... and swaped in a 240 rearend.

I've never heard of that... ever.
Either he's lying, or he's the first on earth to do it.

Or I've missed it in 7yrs of multiple dizzum forums.

91_GST
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM
oh boy.....

vvv GO THERE vvv

www.widsm.org

i looked at that sight and there is some good info. You guys are rite im just going to keep it a street/ drag. trying to do auto cross is hard my friend is an idiot, as for that 240 rearend swap, um yeah thats a little far fetched now that i looked into it it was one of them friend of a frends cousin kinda thing.:rolf i need to get new friends lolololool you guys sound like you know what your doing at least i ask insted of trying to be a know it all. :rolf

pickardracing
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM

McDonalds Trays?

Flicktitty
03-28-2007, 11:31 PM
McDonalds Trays?

oh god i forgot that video! :rolf :rolf

Poncho
03-28-2007, 11:47 PM
i did that on my GTO, ****er just kept spitting them out.

pickardracing
03-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Did you try them on the front tires?

Poncho
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
just the rear. I figured if I did the front, I'd be like I was driving a snowmobile on the road.

pickardracing
03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
lol.....

Beagle
03-29-2007, 12:19 AM
if you want rear wheel drive you could put a 1g motor with harness and computer into any year conquest. you would have to get new motor mounts too. i think buschur racing sells them? as far as the trans it will bolt right up as long as you use a motor from an awd car. the front wheel drive blocks are a little narrower.

Flicktitty
03-29-2007, 02:40 AM
if you want rear wheel drive you could put a 1g motor with harness and computer into any year conquest. you would have to get new motor mounts too. i think buschur racing sells them? as far as the trans it will bolt right up as long as you use a motor from an awd car. the front wheel drive blocks are a little narrower.

OH MAN!

that would be awesome!

2.3L stroker with a 42R attached Starquest :wooo

sloLs1
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
OH MAN!

that would be awesome!

2.3L stroker with a 42R attached Starquest :wooo

would be tits... prolly could go with a 45r.... you know, to push way into the 10xxhp mark:D :banana

Beagle
03-30-2007, 05:48 PM
you would have to use a stock conquest trans. i should have made that a little clearer.

Junky Giorgio
03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
oh boy.....

vvv GO THERE vvv

www.widsm.org

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

enough with the fcuk1ng nOObs!

91_GST
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
so i'm just looking at doing intake and a cat-back for now i'm not going to get into all of the hard stuff rite now. Maybe later when i know more or "think i know more" about moding. Thanks guys!

Brandon W.
03-31-2007, 08:33 PM
so i'm just looking at doing intake and a cat-back for now i'm not going to get into all of the hard stuff rite now. Maybe later when i know more or "think i know more" about moding. Thanks guys!

also go with a boost controller. best bang for the buck.

91_GST
03-31-2007, 10:44 PM
also go with a boost controller. best bang for the buck.

yeah thats a good idea. Are APEX controllers a good investment? i think they can map fuel curves by reading off of the ecu and can tap into other sensors on the car to tune for the extra boost from a boost controller. or is there not going to be enough change to lean out the engine and hurt it?

Brandon W.
04-01-2007, 12:13 AM
i personaly dont know.id have to read upon it.but hell you could make a boost controller from home depot supply's

Brandon W.
04-01-2007, 12:22 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

enough with the fcuk1ng nOObs!

Quoted for truth. +1 for you sir

Flicktitty
04-01-2007, 12:29 AM
i personaly dont know.id have to read upon it.but hell you could make a boost controller from home depot supply's

me and my buddy Roger Darkness, tried trigging one together bit it didn't work the greatest 8psi then next thing you know it maxed out the gauge lol

Brandon W.
04-01-2007, 12:31 AM
me and my buddy Roger Darkness, tried trigging one together bit it didn't work the greatest 8psi then next thing you know it maxed out the gauge lol

you probably used Lowe's stuff..that wouldnt happen with home depot stuff...people can be really cheap sometimes...
intake made of plastic piping. hOMe DepOT racing represent

Flicktitty
04-01-2007, 12:56 AM
we actually went to the place for helpful hardware (ACE)

the lady asked what we needed, and we said we need stuff to make a boost controller, she said isn't that illegal? lmao....

91_GST
04-01-2007, 10:50 AM
don't you take a T fitting and put it in between the vac/boost line and put a bolt on one end and can adjust how much you want by screwing in or out the bolt to limit the reading to the sensor?