PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an electrician.

fireguyrick
03-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Looking for someone to do some electrical work on the house most likely. Wifey wants to buy a tanning bed, and the two she likes either need to be hard wired OR one needs a 220v connection. Anyone got the hook ups?

Rick

jbiscuit
03-27-2007, 04:38 PM
wow. Watch your electric bill go through the roof! Can you buy her a membership at a tanning salon for way cheaper?

Heat Seeker WS6
03-27-2007, 04:41 PM
talk to Nismo Dave

CannotPost
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
wow. Watch your electric bill go through the roof! Can you buy her a membership at a tanning salon for way cheaper?

Big 2nd.... They use electricity like a clothes dryer and you have to replace the bulbs way before they burn out. $$$ to keep up

But 220 is not any harder to run than your standard 110, just don’t cross the streams ;)

Does your electrical panel have room for the circuit?
Where do you plan on installing it?
Am I asking too many questions?

fireguyrick
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Going in the basement. I will have to look at the panel.

Yeah, I know the electric bill will skyrocket, and yes, I know that a tanning salon would be cheaper. All things I have told her. But, in the end she has her mind set on getting a tanning bed (apparently she has wanted one for sometime). It is fair, just means that when I want to spend money on car parts she cannot say no.

Rick

CannotPost
03-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I say do the electrical your self. If your panel has room it is "almost" as easy as plugging the sucker in. You just have screw terminals instead of a plug :)
All you will need is some 3 conductor wire (2 load, 1 neutral and a ground same stuff for dryers, and ovens) a junction box, 20 or 30 amp breaker, and a receptacle. Run the wire and set everything up. Hook into the panel last. Just have a flash light handy when making the final connections, this way you can turn off the main breaker and not kill your self. Disclamer: There are other odds and ends to this project, I do not have a master electrican's license. Use at your own risk

Reverend Cooper
03-27-2007, 08:08 PM
nismo dave ftw

Breecher_7
03-27-2007, 09:26 PM
I can do it, send me a PM with details