PDA

View Full Version : Work Boots.....

Car Guy
03-26-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm looking for some 'real world' opinions on work boots that are of quality. I currently have Red Wings; I'm happy with them but they only last about a year and there toast.....

Never really tried any other brands (besides the el-cheapo Farm-n-Fleet brand :punch: ) so I figured I'd ask instead of just buying a new pair and finding out they aren't what I expected......

:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

Yeehaw
03-26-2007, 05:36 PM
i got a pair of just wrangler steel toes and have had them for almost a year, they seem alright..or else i heard cat isnt too bad

nismodave
03-26-2007, 05:41 PM
If you use your boots 5 days a week, they will USUSALLY only last a year.

I have used Wolveines for 10 years, and they have served me well in the summer months. Winter months outdoor Rocky boots FTW.

I had a pair of Red Wings and they lasted under a year.

Russ Jerome
03-26-2007, 05:47 PM
There's a new work boot store off 94 and Silvernail, just west
of that little airport by Peterbuilt. Been wanting to check it out,
sounds like they just sell work boots.

Ricky Bobby
03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
red wing is what TWC supplies us with and they usually only last a yr cause we do wear them 5days a week for 10+hrs and they are awesome in all weather

UnderPSI
03-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Wesco boots are the best boots I have ever owned. Lasted for ever and fit perfect because they are made to fit your feet. By far the best in my opinion for climbing, for general work boots I always get Redwing.

Just a side note, One pair of redwing boots lasts about a year. Two pairs of redwing boots alternating days will last three years.

Breecher_7
03-26-2007, 07:50 PM
Redwings are awesome, but I wouldnt give up my wolverine durashoks for anything, about as nice as you can get and under $200

Rocket Power
03-26-2007, 10:04 PM
IO don't know if you need steel toe or not but I do for work.

I had Red wings for a while but the last 3 pairs I've gotten have been Timberland's with the titanium toe. They are comfortable right away, and light.
http://www.timberland.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2269763&cp=1762199.1780842.2453766&parentPage=family

I get more wear out of them than other boots I've had. The toes go first on all the boots I get because I am kneeling on the cement a lot working on the cars, but I wear them even when I am not working, which I didn't do with any of my other boots.

I get mine at Rogan's in Racine ( and they are usually running their buy one get another 1/2 off deal so I pick up a pair of shoes too:thumbsup )

70challenger452
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
the old red wings work great for me, plus I think the business started out in wisconsin so thats always a plus

redpony06
03-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Well I have been working in a factory for about 5 yrs now and have come to a conclusion about work boots.......
1. LaCross boots SUCK!!!
2. Skechers have lasted me for about 2 1/2 yrs now but I'm not sure they make them in boys sizes
3. Try Timberland I have heard that they work and last a long time or try Carolina or Carhartt just came out with a new line of work boots

Silver350
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I only have Red wings, So far I got two years of use out of them but I will be looking for something new soon. I dont know if I am going to get the same shoes or possibly try something else so this information would help me also.