PDA

View Full Version : Drive The Mile Car Show

goatcheez
03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
I just got some info in this years "Drive The Mile Car Show" at the Milwaukee Mile. Here's a cut & Paste from the Mile's website...

On Sunday May 6, 2007, race fans who grew up watching their driving heroes from the grandstands at The Milwaukee Mile will get their once-a-year chance to take laps on America's Legendary Oval!

Foyt, Andretti, Allison, Earnhardt, Kulwicki, Kenseth, Musgrave and now YOU can take your turn driving on the historic Milwaukee Mile!

WHAT: Drive around The Milwaukee Mile in your own street car! Plus a huge classic car show – last year there were 400 cars in the show!

WHEN: Sunday, May 6, 2007 11:00am - 3:00pm

ADMISSION: $15 for drivers, passengers ride for free, PLUS two non-perishable food items for Hunger Task Force

LAP COUNT: 3 laps for each admission

CHECK-IN: At the Milwaukee Mile, enter Gate 1 of fairgrounds on West Greenfield Avenue at 79th Street, follow directional signs

OTHER STUFF ONCE YOU’VE COMPLETED YOUR LAPS: Victory Lane will be open to pose with your car for photos, huge classic car show, food and refreshments available for purchase.

CAR CLUBS: You are encouraged to sign up early to take laps together. There will be awards in various categories and more!

CLICK HERE FOR CAR CLUB REGISTRATION INFORMATION

SMALL PRINT: Must be 18 years of age and older to drive.
Must present a valid drivers license.
Must present proof of current vehicle insurance.

DETAILS: RAIN OR SHINE

Met Holeshot and a couple other members there last year. I brought my son with me. We had a blast. Lemme know if you're going...

goatcheez

0TransAm0
03-21-2007, 04:03 PM
cool. not sure how my car would hadle it but ive done 20 laps in a real nascar on the track already.. was a great time.

Holeshot
03-22-2007, 01:45 PM
I did it last year. The Chicago GP club was up and I lapped with them. It was guided by pace vehicles front and rear. I have had my car faster on the street and at DA Grove. It is for charity though. I wouldn't do it again unless I was with a few people I knew or members from here.

Heat Seeker WS6
03-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I did it thier 1st year and we were paced by the truck at 40mph. Cool for the kids and taking pictures.

GRAMPS SS
04-12-2007, 09:17 AM
^^^^^^^^40mph...thats to the floor for you isn't it no more paint seeker.....

Heat Seeker WS6
04-12-2007, 09:32 AM
^^^^^^^^40mph...thats to the floor for you isn't it no more paint seeker.....

Yep thats with all the gerbils running thier azzes off.:banana

GRAMPS SS
04-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Yep thats with all the gerbils running thier azzes off.:banana

get some Ginnie pigs...more power......new paint applicator

wikked
04-12-2007, 10:13 AM
$15 for some pretty rare photo ops, sounds good to me.

2SLOW
04-12-2007, 10:18 AM
$15 for some pretty rare photo ops, sounds good to me.

hell yeah, sounds like a good time, and great photos.