PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food Recall

88Nightmare
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm sure other pet owners would like to know this as well, just as a precaution, but lots of cat and dog food has been recalled. I heard it on the Fox news at 9. Here is a link to recalled brands:
http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2703439&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

The recall is limited to "cuts and gravy" style pet food that was sold in cans and pouches.

Two other companies -- Nestle Purina PetCare Co. and Hill's Pet Nutrition Inc. -- also voluntarily recalled some products made by Menu Foods as a precaution.

The recalled brands are:

Cat Food:

Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
Authority
Best Choice
Companion
Compliments
Demoulas Market Basket
Eukanuba
Fine Feline Cat
Food Lion
Foodtown
Giant Companion
Hannaford
Hill country Fare
Hy-Vee
Iams
Key Food
Laura Lynn
Li'l Red
Loving Meals
Meijers Main Choice
Nutriplan
Nutro Max Gourmet Classics
Nutro Natural Choice
Paws
Pet Pride
Presidents Choice
Price Chopper
Priority
Save-A-Lot
Schnucks
Science Diet (The recall affects only 3-ounce and 5.5-ounce cans of Kitten Savory Cuts Ocean Fish; 5.5-ounce cans of Feline Adult Savory Cuts Beef, Chicken and Ocean Fish, and 5.5-ounce cans of Feline Senior Savory Cuts Chicken.)
Sophisticat
Special Kitty Canada
Special Kitty US
Springfield Prize
Sprout
Total Pet, My True Friend
Wegmans
Western Family
White Rose
Winn Dixie

Dog Food:

Americas Choice, Preferred Pets
Authority
Award
Best Choice
Big Bet
Big Red
Bloom
Bruiser
Cadillac
Companion
Demoulas Market Basket
Eukanuba
Food Lion
Giant Companion
Great Choice
Hannaford
Hill Country Fare
Hy-Vee
Iams
Key Food
Laura Lynn
Loving Meals
Meijers Main Choice
Mighty Dog (The recall affects only 5.3 pouch products that were produced from Dec. 3, 2006 through March 14, 2007.)
Mixables
Nutriplan
Nutro Max
Nutro Natural Choice
Nutro
Ol'Roy Canada
Ol'Roy US
Paws
Pet Essentials
Pet Pride - Good 'n Meaty
Presidents Choice
Price Chopper
Priority
Publix
Roche Bros
Save-A-Lot
Schnucks
Shep Dog
Springfield Prize
Sprout
Stater Bros
Total Pet, My True Friend
Western Family
White Rose
Winn Dixie
Your Pet

Remember, before you freak out: The recall is limited to "cuts and gravy" style pet food that was sold in cans and pouches.

If your animal did eat this, they could potentially suffer from hair loss, kidney failure, and possibly heart failure. If its caught early, they say the kidney disease is definitely treatable. Just thought I'd pass this info along, just in case.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
shit no wonder i dont feel so good

88Nightmare
03-20-2007, 10:57 PM
perhaps its those wings from Texas Roadhouse combined with that ass whoopin i layed on ya at Stockys :D

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
please you guys are lucky i was hung over..the bloodshed would have been worse than in the whites of my eyes

88Nightmare
03-20-2007, 11:00 PM
all talk and no walk. typical north sider :D

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
what eve i whooped all forms of ass.............back on track good post checking now for my poochy

88Nightmare
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
the recall is for canned/pouched wet dog/cat food. But just in case, watch for symptoms in your pet. Some symptoms are unusual large amounts of water consumption, unusual sleep patterns/excessive sleeping, and things of that nature.

Flicktitty
03-20-2007, 11:05 PM
No animals here but thanks for the heads up there mikey!

theavenger333
03-21-2007, 04:51 AM
the advisory went out about a week ago to retail locations, my PickNSave pulled it all last monday. unless you buy your food in advance you should be fine

88Nightmare
03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
I dont buy wet dog food so I think im ok either way

GRAMPS SS
03-21-2007, 09:36 AM
what will the homeless do now for nutrition valued food....good post

97z2801ss
03-21-2007, 11:53 AM
that sucks the gfs dog died from kidney failure this past december... their already incontact with the vet about it though..

88Nightmare
03-21-2007, 11:59 AM
^ thats not good. Pet food related? sorry about your loss, pets truly are members of the family, I dont care what anyone says

stowsea
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
aww **** i knew i shouldnt have tried some of that

Im going to die arent i?

Waver
03-21-2007, 12:10 PM
unusual sleep patterns/excessive sleeping,
What is excessive sleeping for a cat? all they do all day is sleep, eat and poop