PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a "hook up" on outboard engine service?

DynoTom
03-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I might be picking up a boat with a 50 HP Mercury engine on it. The guy says the engine ALWAYS started and ran great until last year when he took it out and could not start it. If I get it I would need to have someone look at to see what it needs.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
yeah my buddy 03mach1 on this site his name is mike and he works at skipper buds he is the man

RanJer
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
I also know someone that works at skipper buds.. or at least used to. name is Jay

03Mach1
03-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Pm sent.

DynoTom
03-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the help guys !

I got some good advice through PM's here and it's cool too see the BCM guys help out on a non car topic....

I ended up not getting that boat with the engine trouble though.....I did get a real nice 1988 Starcraft " Fish and Ski " 16 footer with a 1988 Johnson 70 HP with tilt and trim....The boat was owned by a Evinrude / Johnson retired worker since new....It runs excellant and will have PLENTY of power for the size of the boat it's on....The guy said it pulls 47 MPH "balls out".......I'm working on cleaning her up and I'm going to add some stuff like a electric trolling motor, kicker engine ( kicker mount already on boat ) , Sonar with GPS and lake mapping and a few odds and ends.....

I will be ready to take it out in a few weeks.....