PDA

View Full Version : Fire proof jackets?

Z28Envy
03-20-2007, 04:57 AM
I have heard that the new rules at GLD require you to wear a fire jacket if you are running nitrous. My brother and A friend both have nitrous on there cars and they would like to know if there is anywhere in the area that sells them? Also, do any of you guys know if you still have to where them even if you take out the bottle and are not going to use nitrous the entire night? I will check the GLD website to see if I find anything on the rules, but I thought maybe someone here would be able to help me clarify this.

flyin_blue_egg
03-20-2007, 09:46 AM
hey just so you know, there's no such thing as a fire PROOF anything....there's fire resistant which after a while burns up also...they're rated for like 3 mins etc.

Karps TA
03-20-2007, 09:48 AM
I've heard of tracks now requiring jackets for any car running a non factory blower or turbo as well.

BAD LS1
03-20-2007, 09:56 AM
If your 11.49 or faster.... The jacket seemed to be the least of concern as i got roasted for no 5 pt harness while having a cage....

juicedimpss
03-20-2007, 10:02 AM
fire jacket will be required if the nitrous system is on the car,if it is COMPLETELY removed(or hidden well) you won't need it until the 11.99 and faster wall.