PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Catch "BullRun" On Spike TV?

Arigmaster
03-17-2007, 09:10 AM
A fellow member on another board I am part of is competing on the Spike TV show "Bull Run" Mike (a.k.a. Mr Angry/NYCMILE) is competing with his '68 Charger. It's hosted by Goldburg who is also an absolute car finatic like most of us.

Mike and Jim didn't get much camera time in the first installment but he did pull one of his typical stunts. They had two choices for the first leg of the race to either take the planned route or make their own route. Mike stopped off at the first gas station on the way out of town and not only did he pick up a map for himself... He bought "every" map in the place so none were left for any of the others when they stopped.

Anyway, there are some pretty nice rides on there. Here is Mike's post from the other board.....

NYCMille

Never trust a pretty girl, or a lonely midget.

Re: "BULLRUN" Reality Show on SpikeTV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok - hears the deal with the GPS and Maps and such. When we started the show they took away all our electronics... and I mean everything, cell phones, portable GPS units hell they even took our iPods... we had no music for like 4000 miles (so based on that odds are you will hear me singing at some point and I'm not very good so be gentle with the comments when the time comes). They wanted to keep the playing field as level as possible right from the get go which is why they took everything. Keep in mind also that there was not one car on the show with an in dash nav system... they didn't want anyone cheating.

I would assume that I got the "01" on the car because of the Dukes... and I'm totally ok with that as it helped us out more than once. As for the gas gauge... ooof, what a pain the ass. A week before we left the gauge went bad and I just didn't have time to replace it. We knew that we could go at minimum 100 miles on a tank, but I really didn't know how much more than that. Thats one reason we teamed up with the Mexicans in the Chevy - they had a gas guage but no speedo, we had a speedo but no gas gauge so it worked out ok.

There were times that we were literally rolling on fumes and at one point I pushed the car to like 165 on one tank... which was a good thing because I then knew how far I could run (thank GOD for overdrive!).

As for the other cars heres' what I thought:

Scion TC: Nothing major at all - had an intake and shoulder harnesses... peppy but nothing to worry to about.

Honda Civic:Very highly modified and very quick - full suspension, engine and exhaust work - it handled great, was VERY light and was very deceiving - this little bugger moved.

Nissan 240SX:Highly modifed import - EXTREMELY fast, but to many electronics and modifications, suspension and breaks were done so the car really handled well - tires were too low profile though and without all wheel drive it couldn't get the power down.

Lamborghini: WOOF!! This car is no joke... 640+hp / 500+TQ, this car was FAST, handled good and had all wheel drive to boot.... totally EVIL car

Lotus Excige S: This thing was little mosquito with a supercharged Toyota MR2 engine that produced 220hp and was probably the best handling car on the show, its REALLY tiny but very quick and nimble. In the tight and twisty stuff this little thing was GONE and there was nothing I could do about it.

BMW M3: Intake only - BUT this was probably the car best suited for any rally - it handles great, it VERY quick, accellerate and stop beautifully. This is simply a great car all around.

75' Hurst Olds: Nice enough car, punched out 455 with a 5 speed and 150 shot, so the car was pretty quick and handled ok.

2002 Trans/Am: Lingenfelter heads, cam, intake, exhaust.... this car was also VERY fast, honestly probably second only to the Lamborghini, Mike could drive the balls off it too.

68' Dodge Charger: You already know about this one.

65 Mustang: Bone stock, drum brakes, stock suspension

57' Chevy 210: 305 out of a 78 Camaro Z/28. It actually ran really good but handled like a pig due to the front airbag suspension.

2004 Ford F-150: Intake, throttle bodies and 150 shot - actually this thing moved pretty well, handle like a well... a pick-up truck.

theavenger333
03-17-2007, 10:28 AM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19982

Arigmaster
03-17-2007, 11:03 AM
I know ....see my reply on that post too... I posted this seperate to share Mikes comments

Arigmaster
03-17-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is Mike & Jum's interview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvuw_51vbaA