PDA

View Full Version : Alarm

GRAMPS SS
03-16-2007, 11:57 AM
This is a imformative post

Most new cars have remote door openers. They also have panic buttons to locate your car if you forget where you parked. Put your car keys beside your bed at night. If you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button! The alarm will be set off, and the horn will continue to sound until either you turn it off or the car battery dies. Don't forget to dial 911 a make report.

This tip came from a neighborhood watch coordinator. Next time you arrive at home for the night and you go to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and
requires no installation. Test it. It should go off from most everywhere inside your house unless the battery is weak. It will keep honking until you stop it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage. If you set off your car alarm when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar or rapist won't stick around. After a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their windows to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.

And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there... This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or prevent a sexual abuse crime

Cryptic
03-16-2007, 12:26 PM
imformative :confused

fireguyrick
03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Not really the best option if walking to your car. You are better off yelling FIRE then using your car alarm. Why? Because how often do you walk around a parking lot or sit in your house and hear a car alarm going off. Do you run out to see what is going on? Most people are so use to car alarms that they really do not care. But if you yell Fire, people get worried that something they own might get damaged.

Rick

Flicktitty
03-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Not really the best option if walking to your car. You are better off yelling FIRE then using your car alarm. Why? Because how often do you walk around a parking lot or sit in your house and hear a car alarm going off. Do you run out to see what is going on? Most people are so use to car alarms that they really do not care. But if you yell Fire, people get worried that something they own might get damaged.

Rick

i think he ment if you hear something going on i believe any loud sound is gonna make the intruder think twice about doing anything.

GRAMPS SS
03-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Rick

you always have damage control...it's just a post....:thumbsup

wikked
03-16-2007, 12:55 PM
DSM remotes don't work unless you're like 5ft from the car =P

Flicktitty
03-16-2007, 12:57 PM

:goof go figure something with a DSM doesn't work :goof

WilliamZ
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM

My Lexus doesn't either...

fireguyrick
03-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Nor does my Subaru, but I was told that if you place the remote on your chin that your body will act like a large antenna.......

Rick

wikked
03-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Yea it does kinda... gives you an extra foot or 2 maybe :goof

Slow Joe
03-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Hrmm the remotes on our Fords work at 50ft plus....

GRAMPS SS
03-16-2007, 09:16 PM
^^^^^^^thats what i was thinking Joe, the one on my wifes car locks and unlocks at least 30-40 feet away

Slow Joe
03-16-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, the one on our Fusion works from a long long distance away... Maybe that's part of why Fusion is rated better than Camry and Accord by C&D... :thumbsup

The ones on the Mustangs do well also...

Reverend Cooper
03-16-2007, 10:21 PM
if you put the remote up to your chin it will work fro alot longer distance. think im bullshittin,try it

RanJer
03-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Yea it does kinda... gives you an extra foot or 2 maybe :goof
Depends on big you are, obviously DSM drivers have issues with it...

if you put the remote up to your chin it will work fro alot longer distance. think im bullshittin,try it

I believe it, I know I've tested it and it does give you more range.
+1 people, just try it.

Reverend Cooper
03-16-2007, 10:33 PM
after trying and you make babies that come out with three eyes dont call me....

Poncho
03-17-2007, 06:29 AM
works with the mustang, but the damn kangaroo don't have a panic button. guess it's just assumed it won't be stolen. after all it looks nothin like a civic.