PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac GXP, damn nice rig

Goat Roper
03-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Greets from Southern Cal.

Got in here last evening and much to my suprise National Car Rental had cars for rent called "Hot Cars". I grabbed a FULLY loaded Grand Prix GXP from them for $230 for 5 days, and that includes an optional GPS unit. Never used one of thos before but damnit if they don't work like a charm.

Anyway, the car, a lot faster than I expected, downshifts at the slightest throttle input so you have to watch what the hell is in front of you. I flew down for a track event and I wish I had signed up to drive, their roster was full of cars but I might see what I can do to slip this in. Running this around California Speedway would be a riot.

Anyway, I will post some pics from the event later in the weekend. Today I am just going to enjoy the 90 degree temps :headbang

Slow Joe
03-16-2007, 09:37 AM
The Bonneville GXP is nice too...

I bet that car's alot of fun... :thumbsup

BAD LS1
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
See the LS4 is pretty fun! Thats a high 13 sec car u got for a rental lol.

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Your in fontana huh? The gas station on the right side of the street heading back towards the freeway has really good hotdogs! Worthless info but ive spent alot of time at that track!

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 03:24 PM
If you get time, Take cherry ave south to the 10, go west on the 10 to the 15, take 15 south to the 91 and go east. This puts you in riverside, there is a really cool bar there called Racers Pub, the owner is a old school motorcycle racer, hell of a nice guy and nice chill place to hang out, not to mention the bartenders that used to work there were really hot!

davidrab
03-16-2007, 06:19 PM
I've had a MC SS a couple of times from Avis. It is pretty fun.

Tom, I had a bit of a problem holding on to a stock one, how do you handle
a modded one? :) The Regal GS (slightly modded) was never that bad. That
LS4 torque sure gets it squirrley.

Dave

BAD LS1
03-16-2007, 06:24 PM
It actually isnt too bad, it spends most of its time spinning down low though.

Cam is going in it soon!

Goat Roper
03-16-2007, 07:17 PM
If you get time, Take cherry ave south to the 10, go west on the 10 to the 15, take 15 south to the 91 and go east. This puts you in riverside, there is a really cool bar there called Racers Pub, the owner is a old school motorcycle racer, hell of a nice guy and nice chill place to hang out, not to mention the bartenders that used to work there were really hot!

I went right through there today on the way to San Juan Capistrano, might have to head there Sunday night.

I drove by that gas station you are talking about a couple times today, $3.17 a gallon for gas. I might have to check those dogs out though....

Some shots;

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/cali/caligpgpx.jpg
http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/cali/calispeedwaysign.jpg

A damn warm day today

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/cali/cali98.jpg

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 07:21 PM
I lived in so cal for 6 years, loved it there. I really miss that track!

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 07:23 PM
I worked part time for Yale Materials handling on the weekends somtimes, it is on Fontlee lane off of cherry ave, between that gas station and the entrance to cal speedway. Good extra money on that military salary!

davidrab
03-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Cam is going in it soon!

Does that mean no problems changing the cam in a DoD engine? If not, then
I might need your help putting a cam in L76 G8 about this time next year:)
Maybe a converter, gears, and a tune too.

Dave