PDA

View Full Version : new RIDE extreme sports store

SmokinRAM114
03-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Just thaught id let some people know that the old torque center building has been bought and will have a new shop in it. The new place is called RIDE. They will have your skate, snowboard, bmx, motocross and street bike stuff. My friend and motocross teacher, Karter Busse is the one who bought it. The grand opening is scheduled for april 9th. There will be alot of grand opening fun. I was in there last night and if you were there before the close you know the place was falling apart. With that being said some walls were removed and all were painted, ceiling was leveled and retiled theres 4 flat screens to watch through out the store, they have done some really cool things. It is NOT A NEW TORQUE CENTER, It is completly new. I would hope you guys would stop out there when it opens!!

Feature Pony
03-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Wow I didn't know the Torque Center closed? I bought all of my racing bmx stuff from them and Skate stuff.. I will have to check it out.

Silver350
03-16-2007, 10:46 AM
Torque Center Sucked for Sportbike aparel (Jacket Gloves ect) Is the new shop going to have a decent selection for sportbikes? Also Torque Center offered a 10% discount to people with a MSF Card. Will this new shop also acknowledge the card?

Just seeing if it would be worth spreading the word to guys I know that ride sportbikes that have a hard time finding gear.

wikked
03-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Torque Center also blew for skate clothes (tshirts/hoodies).

I want to buy shìt that 800 other people haven't already bought from PacSun. :)

SmokinRAM114
03-16-2007, 01:57 PM
For the street bike apperal im not sure how much he will have in stock, he is going to have some but im not wuite sure. Obviously if there is a demand im sure he would be more then willing to carry more, but he will get what ever you want. As for the fox , es, dc, etnies, ls, burton apperal im sure there will be stuff you wont find at gayzooks. he will be looking for input, so if your there for the grand opening you have to tell him what you think.

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Just thaught id let some people know that the old torque center building has been bought and will have a new shop in it. The new place is called RIDE. They will have your skate, snowboard, bmx, motocross and street bike stuff. My friend and motocross teacher, Karter Busse is the one who bought it. The grand opening is scheduled for april 9th. There will be alot of grand opening fun. I was in there last night and if you were there before the close you know the place was falling apart. With that being said some walls were removed and all were painted, ceiling was leveled and retiled theres 4 flat screens to watch through out the store, they have done some really cool things. It is NOT A NEW TORQUE CENTER, It is completly new. I would hope you guys would stop out there when it opens!!

So how is this really any different from the torque center? Seems as if its really carrying the same crap.....

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Torque Center Sucked for Sportbike aparel (Jacket Gloves ect) Is the new shop going to have a decent selection for sportbikes? Also Torque Center offered a 10% discount to people with a MSF Card. Will this new shop also acknowledge the card?

Just seeing if it would be worth spreading the word to guys I know that ride sportbikes that have a hard time finding gear.

As far as sportbike gear goes, let me know. I have some pretty serious hookups.....

SmokinRAM114
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
its the same stuff hence extreme sports store. but its totally new. there are ALOT of changes.

Breecher_7
03-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Ahhhh.....same turd.....different polish........... Hopefully they do somthing right!

Silver350
03-16-2007, 09:41 PM
I mention the opening to a co worker that races motocross and he is going to stop in also another guy overheard the coversation and he is thinking about stopping in also

pOrk
03-17-2007, 01:47 AM
Torque Center was NOT a sport bike store, it was an extreme sports shop that carried all the latest trends. Hence why it failed.

SmokinRAM114
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Torque Center was NOT a sport bike store, it was an extreme sports shop that carried all the latest trends. Hence why it failed.

FALSE. it did not fail. Mike the origanal owner had MS. there for he could not run the buisness and hasnt run it in 10 years. His wife Gale took over running it as mike got worse and worse. After mike got so bad he didnt know he even started and owned torque, she didnt want any thing to do with it. Reason why the last close got some investors to keep it going. After Mike died she saw so much sentimental value in the shop she wanted it closed. thats the reason for the close.

Cryptic
03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
wow... sad :(

I got all my skate gear from there as a kid.