PDA

View Full Version : wi motorcycle licence

forcefedss
03-15-2007, 10:35 PM
how hard is the test? ive ridden crotch rockets for about 4 yrs now. i need to take the damn road test...how hard is it? i heard it was easy, also heard it was hard. does it matter which dmv i go to?

88Nightmare
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
there is about a 6 month waiting list to take the road test through the dmv. go through a rider training course. they will give you an exemption card you take to the dmv so you dont have to take the road test. but it isnt free.

forcefedss
03-15-2007, 10:54 PM
really? a 6 month wait list? or is this just in the milwaukee county...i was thinkn about goin to rock county..im goin to have to make some phone calls. i might do the class at gateway...

88Nightmare
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM
hell, there is a stupid long waiting list just so you can take the road test for a drivers license.

MARO-MAN
03-16-2007, 06:03 AM
Some insurance companies give discounts if you do the riders training course. I have seen them offered at the technical college in my area(Madison). -Nick.

Silver350
03-16-2007, 07:38 AM
Best Bet is to take the MSF course at MATC. Here is a link to their course schedule. https://infonline.matc.edu/live-infonline/live-infonline?TOKENIDX=3660682158&SS=1&APP=ST Chances are the classes are already full. The price went up a lot since I took it. It was $69 bucks now it is 147.40 for classes. How ever if they are full what they do not tell you is that if you are willing to go to the first class there might be someone that doesnt show so you could take their spots Just make sure you have your check book on you because you have to pay right away if you want to take their spot.

Feature Pony
03-16-2007, 10:20 AM
I called the DMV in 1999 and asked if they had anybody cancel, which they did. I took it on Grange and Loomis rd. The test was pretty easy and I took it on my rocket. I think if I would of had my harley I would of failed it making the U-turn with out taking your foot of the pegs (easy on a rocket, a harley is a little more heavy) Other than that its a cake!!!

Larrygto
03-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Ther was never any openings for the test! I sold my bike before I could take the test! But thats ok used the money from the bike for mods!

SSScottSS
03-16-2007, 01:17 PM
I took my road test at the dmv up by Southridge. I went online to schedule my road test. You just punch in your information and it knows what tests you eligible for. I would check back multiple times a day because all the test sites were booked all the time, but when someone cancels you can get their spot. I ended up getting in after about two weeks of trying.

They won’t let you schedule a road test until you have a valid learners permit though.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/schedule.htm

What I dont get about the road test is they take you into a residential neighberhood and tell you to do a U-turn!!!! They make you break the law!!!! I was going to point that out to the guy giving me the test, but decided against it since he'd probably fail me.

Swags63
03-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Taking the rider safety class is a good idea even if you been riding for awhile. It seems there is always something you learn or correct a bad habit. I did it and I've been riding for 18+ years and I learned a couple of things. :thumbsup

pOrk
03-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Waiting and playing the DMV games is a joke, I took the MSF course and was in and out in a week with my class M. Its worth the 150 bucks, especially considering you get a 10% discount at a few retailers with the MSF card AND some insurance companies ;-)