PDA

View Full Version : I got my butt kicked

Silver350
03-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I decided to participate in a Duathlon at work. Basically had to Bike 2 miles Run a Mile and then Bike another two miles. I am so fricken tired right now

Times are

Bike 2 miles 5 minutes 30 sec
Run 1 mile 8:33
Bike 2 miles 5 minutes 20 sec

I think I could of did a little bit better if i would of actually trained more at running at a faster speed for a more continues time. Also had the fitness center figure out my body fat % is 15%. Now all I need to do is stop smoking LOL.

I dont know why I am posting this I guess I just have a couple minutes to kill before I leave work.

BAD LS1
03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Ha yeah i did the irishfest 5K run/walk this past summer... thats 3.2 miles i ran in 29 minutes... I just about died after that too.

SLOWC5
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
I ran X-country in school what a stupid sport that was best 5K was 18.46

Glad that only last 3 years, 3 years too long

Prince Valiant
03-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Two summers ago I did my first Tri and my first dual...definitely enjoyed the dual.

It was a "sprint" tri... 400yd swim, 16 mile bike, 5K (3.1 mile) run...I placed 15th in my age group, 90th out of 1200 participants. I recall my overall time being 1:17:XX

The dualatholon was alot more fun...it was up in Green Bay. 5K (3.1 mile) run, 50K (31 mile) bike, and 3K (~1.75 mile) run...I believe the time was just under two hours. It was by far the most fun of the two...but both were a blast.

The thing I hated about the two was on was that on the bike, the bike you are on plays such a critical role in your speed. On my bike, I could beat many that may have been better bikers but were on junky or moutain type bikes, and likewise, many who had specific tri or time trial type bikes but may not have been better at biking, could KILL me...easily having 2mph on average better speed, and fresher legs in the end.

This year, I am focusing on getting my weight back down to compete again...I do best at around 175-180lbs....currently 215 though :mad:

I'd like to try a full tri next summer though....madison has a good one.

But X-country, swimming, track were all my sports in HS...and I qualified for nationals in X-country in college. Best 5K was a 14:45, best 10K was a 33:00...best half-marathon 1:16:00. Haven't done a full marathon yet...at this age, and seeing as to how I'll never be in the 150lbs range like I was in HS and college, I'd be happy with just breaking 3 hours in a marathon...