PDA

View Full Version : Dont give me static on this please

87SSMonte
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I sent my iroc z to my dad .....he wants to rub it in my face cause he'll get it running, this is a serious question as i can do basics, but dont know the REALLY tech stuff, parts are avail, money isnt an issue....well not really...

what am i going to need to kick the z's ass

i have an 87 Monte SS

i already planned on motor swap, the 700r4 in the iroc is coming out as my dad doesnt like auto trannys so i get that, its fresh rebuilt, and shift kit.

id rather have a stick too but a free built 700r4 isnt that bad....

so if its impossible....tell me.....i know this is gonna be a tall order.....but this SS has been good to me

im meaning, whats a good replacement? but not like overkill, i know i could get a 454...but...come on.....id need a second job to keep gas in it

so any suggestions, id be happy to read. its a friendly competition, but id love to be the student who took the master LMAO

Poncho
03-15-2007, 11:02 AM
as it is, that car didn't even come with a 700-R4 tranny, it came with the 200-4R, and i'm sure the obvious change would be the trans crossmember, but maybe due to size or something you'll have packaging issues? and you'll need a custom length driveshaft. All in all you dont' need a bigblock, weight alone is insane, you could easily make more power and have it be faster using modern technology on the gen I small block, or if you have the money, GMPP sells carburated LS1 and LS2 engines that would be a simple and easy swap into the monte, and you could actually make it look halfway stock if you painted the engine black. Otherwise the ol Gen I small block is a great choice. 383 with the right cam and heads would haul some ass.