PDA

View Full Version : ahh..one of those what to do with my car threads..

SlowStee
03-13-2007, 05:17 PM
It's running bad...Plenty a misfire..(most likely either opti or it needs another [all too-soon] plug/wire change) It's been bad for awhile...needs the new brake pads/rotors put on still...and it needs plenty of TLC..

So...Do I take it to a shop to do the work for me and just dump the money into it knowing the job will be done right..
(And if so WHERE do I take it)

or

Do I try to sell it for not such a great price..

Suggestions?

Crawlin
03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
$500 offered up...

do you have a scan tool?

PM juicedimpss and maybe he can scan the car and see if it's throwing a code. bring beer :)

from there maybe you can decide better. he'd be the LT1 guru.

HP ADDICT
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
hmmm I could use another fbody

GTSLOW
03-13-2007, 09:18 PM
New car! Preferably ls1 :)

1997 Trans-Am
03-13-2007, 10:15 PM
i dont know if they do that kind of stuff but i recomend Jims Auto Center in St Francis.

4264 S. Packard Ave
St Francis, WI 53235

sloLs1
03-13-2007, 11:50 PM
i dont know if they do that kind of stuff but i recomend Jims Auto Center in St Francis.

4264 S. Packard Ave
St Francis, WI 53235

we do everything...

and i also met juiced tonight, seems like a really nice guy and very knowlegable when it comes to lt1's!

SlowStee
03-14-2007, 12:58 AM
There's no steady code being thrown.

juicedimpss
03-14-2007, 09:12 AM
There's no steady code being thrown.

i bet its the jumper harness for the opti.

theavenger333
03-14-2007, 01:26 PM
what to do? change the plugs and wires, do the tlc.

SlowStee
03-14-2007, 04:18 PM
what to do? change the plugs and wires, do the tlc.

Im just SO sick of doing it...I did it like the middle of last year..Im getting so sick of this thing. And with all the TLC, I dont even know exactly what Im doing with the brakes and other shit..I want it done right

T-Bag
03-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Julian, I can take care of the brakes for you. I also can get better prices on the parts too. I take it you're just looking for OEM replacements?

As far as the misfire goes it could be a number of things but I could hook it up to our scanner and see what's going on.

edit: Nevermind I take it you have the parts. I can still help you do them though. I can't get access to the shop but we sould just do one axle at a time on the ground.

Crawlin
03-15-2007, 11:41 AM
$500 still on the table

Berettaspeed
03-15-2007, 09:26 PM
obdI doesn't help for shit on misfires. your better off doing it the old fashion way. or KV testing equipment baby.. they work great for find misfire problems.. otherwise do the old salt water on wires.. misfires are harder to trace without a consistant misfire on OBDI with out good equipment.

otherwise people start guessing. and that costs way more in the long run.

i know for sure our shop can find the probelm the first time. but i have no control over disscounts. and i have seen LT1 get some big bills at every shop i have worked at. damn those LT1s

T-Bag
03-18-2007, 01:41 PM
harder to trace without a consistant misfire on OBDI with out good equipment.

I have good equipment :thumbsup

Josepy
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
take it by Tom (badls1) He is the man when it comes to working on vehicles on here. Ask around about him. He does top notch A1 work and a great price. Oh and his turn around time is superb also.

73Dustr
03-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Julian, doesn't sound like the thing is dying. Just needs a little fixing. Personally, I'd buy the brakes myself and do them. You'll save some cash. If you don't feel confident doing them alone, you could always bring it over and we could do them one afternoon. That's the fun in owning and modding a car: getting to work on it.

BAD LS1
03-21-2007, 04:57 PM
take it by Tom (badls1) He is the man when it comes to working on vehicles on here. Ask around about him. He does top notch A1 work and a great price. Oh and his turn around time is superb also.

Hahah thanks for the kind words Joe, but i refuse to work on LT1's asside from the rest of the drive line attached to it, everything is twice as hard to work on compared to an LSx and when shit goes wrong, its twice as bad...

I bet that opti was some GM' engineer's wet dream that managed to sneak by... Now its the biggest electrical asshole to ever grace a 4th gens engine bay aside from them pissing oil from every concievable gasket.

SlowStee
03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Julian, doesn't sound like the thing is dying. Just needs a little fixing. Personally, I'd buy the brakes myself and do them. You'll save some cash. If you don't feel confident doing them alone, you could always bring it over and we could do them one afternoon. That's the fun in owning and modding a car: getting to work on it.

Ive had the rotors/pads sitting in my room for about a year...

Everyone and their mom says bring the car over to work on it together, or something of that sort..

I just wanna be assertive here and get this done, not play around with it anymore...Ive done that enough. I'm sure there's more than a few that understand where Im coming from.

T-Bag
03-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Ive had the rotors/pads sitting in my room for about a year...

Everyone and their mom says bring the car over to work on it together, or something of that sort..

Julian, call me tomorrow (Sunday). I'll come help you throw those brakes on.

chargedformula
04-01-2007, 11:04 PM
found this on cz28 for sale. never have to worry about that opti again
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280100515167