PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gov Doyle

Yooformula
03-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I cant wait to see how much more my taxes will go up. So far its looking like almost $700:thumbsup Good thing I dont smoke, oh yeah thanks for those that voted for the pos:thumbsup

Karps TA
03-11-2007, 03:23 PM
I wonder if he's trying to get the state to tank so badly that eventually he can sell it to Illinois or something.

If I didn't have immediate family still around and kicking, I'd be out of this state. It's just too damn expensive.

Holeshot
03-11-2007, 03:32 PM
But at least he signed into law that bars can stay open till 3 :30 On Daylight saving time !!!!:alcoholic :alcoholic

88Nightmare
03-11-2007, 03:39 PM
yeah cuz that almost makes it worth it to have our taxes go up. He was just doing that to butter us up

Holeshot
03-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Another ass F;;king from our politicians !!!! Bend over folks:banana

88Nightmare
03-11-2007, 03:43 PM
didnt I read somewhere wisconsin has some of the highest taxes of the nation?

hrsp
03-11-2007, 03:44 PM
didnt he say he wouldnt raise taxes?????:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Holeshot
03-11-2007, 03:51 PM
didnt I read somewhere wisconsin has some of the highest taxes of the nation?

Why yes I am sure you did. We are 5th in the nation according to a CNN poll
http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/taxesbystate2005/index.html

Yooformula
03-11-2007, 03:52 PM
$1.74 billion overall raised. True some comes from other sources BUT vehicle registrations, property taxes, personal income taxes, cigarettes(i agree) affect us directly. The average is almost $700 increase.

Holeshot
03-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah I was just reading that. We are the only state that has an automatic gas tax hike every year.

Karps TA
03-11-2007, 03:57 PM
I think the cig think is a joke. I mean just makes the damn things illegal then. It's completely wrong that smokers get discrimnated against as much as they do and then also have to be taxed like they are.

Either it's illegal and ban the damn things, or leave the people alone.

The more they get away with this the easier it will be for the govt to come after people for other unhealthy things like eating fast food.

<---not a smoker

Karps TA
03-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Yeah I was just reading that. We are the only state that has an automatic gas tax hike every year.

Yeah but we in turn have the nicest roads anywhere in the entire country. :rolf

Holeshot
03-11-2007, 04:01 PM

LOL have you drivin Drexel ave between 27th and I 94 lately :rolf :rolf :wow

Reverend Cooper
03-11-2007, 04:10 PM
he ******* sucks ass thanks all you dorks that voted for him

88Nightmare
03-11-2007, 04:32 PM

I know a lot of it has to to with road salt up here, but all the roads I travelled on south of Illinois I didn't have any serious complaints about

hrsp
03-11-2007, 04:38 PM
drive down morgan avenue between 92nd and 44th...HORRIBLE condition

Karps TA
03-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I was being sarcastic. lol

Pretty much every road I've been on the last couple months feels like it needs a complete rebuild.

Cryptic
03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I'm against smoking in public places... For a non-smoker to hang out at some bars is pure torture. Sinuses are irritated for the next day. What about the people that work there? Should they be subjected to those working conditions day-in and day-out?

Sure some places may take a hit in business but I think in the long run they'll find some new clientel (ie: the people that refuse to go to places are just thick with smoke.) Take that sh!t outside, why should I have to breath it.

Ohh yeah, more taxes suck too. :mad: :flipoff2:

Firefighter Z
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Lets go find him and hang him by the balls LOL!

And then ask him how it feel.

I used to be a Dem. But screw that shit, I still get f-ed in the end. I don't vote anymore cause it don't matter anyways right?

theavenger333
03-11-2007, 06:22 PM
just to throw in, the way this state works, no matter who is governor, our taxes will continue to rise. every state's do. if Green were in office, same thing would be happening, he just wouldn't look as shoddy doing it.

wikked
03-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm against smoking in public places... For a non-smoker to hang out at some bars is pure torture. Sinuses are irritated for the next day. What about the people that work there? Should they be subjected to those working conditions day-in and day-out?

Sure some places may take a hit in business but I think in the long run they'll find some new clientel (ie: the people that refuse to go to places are just thick with smoke.) Take that sh!t outside, why should I have to breath it.

+ infinity

Karps TA
03-11-2007, 06:36 PM
I never knew that anyone was forced to work in a bar, or go to a bar? When was that law passed?

I get annoyed by cig smoke too. But I just go to bars where smoking isn't allowed, or it's not so bad.

The fact is that cigs aren't illegal. So either ban the damn things, or get off smokers backs.

It's a slippery slope when govt can start enforcing things like that. Govt's not real big on giving back any type of freedoms. Once they start taking, they don't like to stop.

SSDude
03-11-2007, 07:26 PM

We no longer have a automatic gas tax increase in Wisconsin
Thanks to former state Senator Reynolds who had the balls to stand up to the road builders. Consequently he paid the price in the election last November. The road building lobby threw thousands at his opponent while the republican party did nothing for Reynolds. A real champion of the people was narrowly defeated.

SSDude
03-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Our representatives at there finest

http://www.bootsandsabers.com/index.php/weblog/permalink/resurrecting_tax_proposals/

Resurrecting Tax Proposals

Here’s a lesson for all of us: tax ideas never die.

Readers of this blog might remember this post from June 7th, 2005, which was during the last budget cycle. In it, I exposed that the Wisconsin Dental Association was trying to push a new tax through the legislature and Republican Assemblywoman Judy Krawczyk’s staff was happily obliging. Their tax was cutely named “Two Cents for Tooth Sense.” It would have put a two cent tax on the sale of every soft drink in Wisconsin. So for a 12-pack of coke, it would tax 24 cents. The taxes would then be put into a segregated fund for Medicaid payments for dental care. Any money not spent there would be handed over to dental schools like the Marquette School of Dentistry.

This was extremely frustrating on three counts. First, it was a Republican pushing for yet another tax. Second, the principle of punishing the buyers of a particular product to subsidize a marginally related government program is offensive. Third, this was yet another tax that would suck millions of dollars out of the private economy for yet more government spending. And as we have seen time and time again, the notion of a truly segregated fund is a farce.

It’s obvious why the Wisconsin Dental Association wants the tax. Their members would reap benefits in larger Medicaid payments. Plus, their schools would receive more government handouts. But that money has to come from somewhere - everybody who buys soft drinks in Wisconsin.

Fortunately, in the climate of that last budget cycle, the proposed tax never even made it into a committee hearing - much less a vote.

But.... it’s back. This time, it has made it into a draft bill which will be introduced shortly. It is currently being circulated for support. It proposes to tax soft drinks at the wholesale level in order to hide the tax from consumers. But make no mistake, this is a $70 MILLION PER YEAR TAX. And again, the WDA has found an Assembly Republican to carry their water. Here is the memo being circulated: