PDA

View Full Version : Where to take the Durango?

RanJer
03-09-2007, 04:45 PM
To those who remember, my Durango front end (suspension/alignment)is still all messed up. Just gonna swallow my pride and have it fixed at a shop/dealer. Where would you recommend I take it? Also need them to be able to come pick it up since it isn't really driveable.

Suggestions? Looking to get this done ASAP

Thanks,

Jer

Edit: Preferably close to Beloit Rd/108th

Feature Pony
03-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Dodge Land on hwy 100 they do pretty good work, did you do the recall on the ball joints yet?

Breecher_7
03-09-2007, 06:36 PM
If i remember correctly the mounting tabs on the frame for the control arm is f'ed up right? If that is the case, you need to get that to a frame shop, not a dealer.. Unfortunatly I wouldnt know where to go for that.

88Nightmare
03-09-2007, 06:39 PM
we tried to play with that, it did absolutely nothing. I suspect the lower ball joint may be bad, but I am not an expert with steering/suspension. I think he is just looking for a shop to give a proper diagnosis and if they are reasonable, Im thinking he will have it repaired there.

H8RADE
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
So soon.
Weren't you an' Mike gonna weld in a hidden 3-link?
PM me and I will put you with my guy.
At least you are taking care of it right away...

88Nightmare
03-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Scott, Im sure I am speaking for Jer too when I say thank you for the referral, however at this point we don't know whether its frame damage or suspension/steering damage. Where could we go for an accurate diagnosis? Can a bodyshop do that, or do we need to take it to a service center?

RanJer
03-10-2007, 03:41 PM
thanks guys, i was thinking dodgeland but figured id wait to see if anything bad was said about them.

bgcntry.. pm sent

Feature Pony
03-10-2007, 08:06 PM
I have my 2000 Dakota 4x4 serviced there and my old 2000 durango 4x4 was serviced there to, no problems what so ever.

RanJer
03-10-2007, 08:38 PM
how was the pricing? pretty reasonable? it's gotta get fixed no matter what but if i can save a few bucks and still get good service... ill work with that

Breecher_7
03-11-2007, 08:09 AM
Dodgeland? BWAHAHAHAHAHA, i wouldnt go there for sh!t! My driver side door leaked air from the factory, I took it to Ewald 6 times to get this taken care of, NEVER fixed it. Ended up just having my girlfriend take it to work and have heiser toyota's body shop align it, hasnt leaked since!

Feature Pony
03-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I would take it to a dodge dealer, they will have the specs needed to replace or fix what ever needs fixing. You can take it to a Mom and Pop place save some cash, but corners might get cut, and if something happens you can always go after a dealer or take it back, vs the mom and pop place telling you to take a hike. Every place your going to hear pros and cons just make sure you watch them and ask about everything and you shouldn't have a problem.