PDA

View Full Version : Seat Question

Swags63
03-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I want to install new set of race seats in my 68 mustang, I would like them to be light weight yet comfortable nothing fancy. I have seen several different styles on E-bay and even a new set that J.C. Whitney is carring for $250.00. Does anyone have a sugestion?

PureSound15
03-09-2007, 02:10 AM
Don't go TOO cheap when it comes to seats. Although they may be comfortable after sitting in them for a minute, or even 5, those hour long cruises during summer will be the end of your lower back with REALLY cheap seats.

I had factory Recaro's in my Jetta and loved them!

Cutlass Queen
03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
I bolted in a set of race seats made by APC. I think they are usually used in cars that race autocross but they're universal and work great in the Cutlass. Best part of them are that they have a lumbar back support, a dial for adjustable forward/back tilt, and 2 holes in the back of the seat for a 5 point harness seat belt:thumbsup

Summit Racing carries them and depending on what you want you can get them usually between $200-$250 a piece. I definitely would recommend them though because they are extremely comfortable :banana

07ROUSHSTG3
03-09-2007, 03:26 PM
the apc seats are nice for the price. i bought some apc clones off ebay for my 88 mustang. i loved the seats but couldn't get the damn things in the car. i couldn't get them mounted in there straight, the runners were too wide. i tried everything from fabricating my own brackets, to even drilling new holes in the car. couldn't get them in decent. if you buy the APCs you can get mounting brackets, BUY THESE, they are a little pricey but trust me, they are worth it.

Cutlass Queen
03-09-2007, 04:16 PM
the apc seats are nice for the price. i bought some apc clones off ebay for my 88 mustang. i loved the seats but couldn't get the damn things in the car. i couldn't get them mounted in there straight, the runners were too wide. i tried everything from fabricating my own brackets, to even drilling new holes in the car. couldn't get them in decent. if you buy the APCs you can get mounting brackets, BUY THESE, they are a little pricey but trust me, they are worth it.

I bought the brackets for a regular race seat and had the same problem . A few minor modifications to the aluminum brackets and it bolted in with no problem:thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
03-09-2007, 04:19 PM
the problem i had was that the tranny hump or tunnel, whatever, was too close to the mounting holes. i tried using the stock seat brackets but then my head stuck out of the sunroof. tried to save a few bucks and that is what i got. eventually gave the car to my cousin, he found the brackets, asshole.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
i meant my cousin was the asshole, not you,LOL

Cutlass Queen
03-09-2007, 05:16 PM
i meant my cousin was the asshole, not you,LOL

No worries its all good :thumbsup If I remember back a couple of years I had the same problem you did, which would explain why the aluminum brackets got the modifications they did.