PDA

View Full Version : Roush Dyno Days/Ford car show at EVS FORD in Lomira

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Hey everyone, i just stumbled onto this site and I must say there are some pretty serious rides around here. I wanted to post the details of a car show/dyno day that I am in charge of setting up. When i first started setting it up I was doing it to be nice, i than took a job at the dealership and now HAVE to do it. It is the first time our dealership has ever tried this but i am hoping that it turns out. I have posted on many other sites and am hoping that some of you can make it. I am hoping that enough people come up on saturday so that we can get a little ride together at night. There is a hotel right next to the dealership and Fond du Lac is only 10 minutes up the road. There is a gas station, mcdonalds, and burger king, along with a bar and grill also next door. I have flyers printed up and can send some to anyone who wants any. email me at microtendo@msn.com or pm me and i will get some in the mail. Thanks and I look forward to being part of this website and seeing you in June. Here are the details:

June 2nd and 3rd at Ernie von Schledorn in Lomira (zip code 53048)
Saturday 10 am-5 p.m and sunday 10 am-3 pm

Roushs' dyno will be there both days with the dyno being open to ALL makes and models. The owner of the highest horspower car will be awarded a trophy. Cost for the dyno is expected to be no more than $30, being totally dependant upon the number of entries.

Sunday we would like to have a little car show to show off FORD powered vehicles, where best in show will receive a trophy.

There will be food and drinks available to both on lookers and participants on Sunday.

Roush Representative there both days to answer any questions you may have, and you can enter for your chance to win ROUSH gear throughout the weekend.

TURTLE
03-08-2007, 10:09 AM
this sounds really nice!

so is there a car show on the saturday also, or just on sunday?

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2007, 10:14 AM
the car show will be just on sunday. the dealership will be open on saturday. we are clearing the front section of our lot so anyone that comes on saturday is more than welcome to hang out but sunday is the day that we would like to have people come out, park, and have a good time.

GRAMPS SS
03-08-2007, 10:18 AM
i'll be there......don't say it josh:goof

TURTLE
03-08-2007, 10:21 AM
say what wayne-o.....:goof

and the car show is ford only, or will there be a seperate section for us "other" cars... other than the parking lot... lol

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
say what wayne-o.....:goof

and the car show is ford only, or will there be a seperate section for us "other" cars... other than the parking lot... lol

there is plenty of room

07ROUSHSTG3
03-08-2007, 10:44 AM
the car main car show is ford only, if you want to set up a section for the "others" there is a abandoned warehouse about 3 miles away with a large gravel/grass parking lot. it sits on top of an old well, so bring your boots cause it gets pretty wet, LOL. it will be fine if you want to park someplace and have a gathering of other cars. we have a rather large lot and will have plenty of space

Nix
03-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Hrmmmm.:shades

Brian98GTP
03-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Hmmm.... do you think it will be a 'Mustang' dyno, since its a Roush car show? :goof :rolf

Sounds like fun, and I think I'll definately try and make it....as long as I remember.
The 2nd of June is the Wife's B-day though and we also have a wedding to go to. Hopefully I can sneak away for a bit (if Im not plowed already) to hop on the dyno. :alcoholic

Yooformula
03-11-2007, 10:37 AM
so this is Ford only right?

GRAMPS SS
03-11-2007, 10:54 AM
the show is for fords only..the dyno anyone...were thinking of getting a group together to go up sunday for the show...they said they would make room for our gang of cars trucks suv killers.....

07ROUSHSTG3
03-11-2007, 06:25 PM
the show is for fords only..the dyno anyone...were thinking of getting a group together to go up sunday for the show...they said they would make room for our gang of cars trucks suv killers.....

READ NEXT POST.....................UPDATE

07ROUSHSTG3
03-11-2007, 06:39 PM
ok here is an UPDATE, read carefully.

There will be a section at the show on sunday for BREW CITY MuSCLE MEMBERS that will be open to ALL MAKES AND MODELS, yes ALL makes and modesl! that week i will need a count of how many spots you will need and i will section it off. again all makes and models as long as a member of BREW CITY MUSCLE. yes, friends that for some reason aren't members are welcome.

FANAT1C
03-11-2007, 07:34 PM
Good deal. Thanks for making the arrangements for us! :thumbsup

Brian98GTP
03-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah, no kidding. That's pretty cool! :thumbsup

07ROUSHSTG3
03-11-2007, 07:52 PM
no problem:haveabeer

moels
03-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I believe I am off work that weekend. If so, I will be there.

07ROUSHSTG3
03-13-2007, 04:52 PM
just another update that i posted on another site:\
we are not out to make any money on this thing. the dyno is costing us a certain amount and 30 bucks per pull. it is my understanding that with the pull you get a printout of horsepower and torque along with an estimated 1/4 mile ET. we figure with a good turnout we will break even. if i can get a solid number of people coming up that price will GO DOWN! we will be having food and drinks for sale on sunday that will go toward the trophies and ROUSH/FORD gear that we are giving away. i want this to be a relaxed atmosphere where people come and have a good time. some shows seem to be a little highstrung and follow the leaderish. being the first show and that i am the sole person setting it up, things are really going to go with the flow. we are going to be open on saturday for normal business, and if you want to swing in and go on the dyno, GREAT. saturday night we are clearing the vehicles off the lot and getting ready for the party. like i said, very relaxed and totally open for suggestions. i look forward to seeing some of you there.

BraemerZ28
03-13-2007, 10:58 PM
Any chance their dyno will handle 4wd vehicles? If so, I'd bring the TA up one day and the TBSS the next to get some numbers on them. If they can't handle 4wd, then may as well leave the SS home.

Thanks!

07ROUSHSTG3
03-14-2007, 09:56 AM
i am awaiting a call from our ROUSH rep to answer some questions i have about the dyno. i am 99% sure that it is a 2wd dyno. i will pass along all the info that i get from him

Waver
03-14-2007, 10:03 AM
i am so there...I will be interested in seeing just how much hp my car dosnt make

07ROUSHSTG3
03-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, i just got off the phone with the ROUSH rep and he stated that usually get 3 pulls when you are on the DYNO. this will not affect the price in anyway but it will affect the amount of time that it takes, I am actually going to be staying in the hotel right next door and as soon as we see the first car pull up the DYNO will start on sunday, if we get an early start we should be able to get everyone on.

Poncho
03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
sweet, I'll go to this, it's close. so I can see the mustang make 185whp and the GTO 360. lol.

Yeehaw
03-26-2007, 05:31 PM
ima try and get the SC up there for it

07ROUSHSTG3
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM
just another update:

voting for the car show will end at 2:00 pm on sunday. the categories are best in show, best classic, best late model, and dealers choice. everyone will get a number to display on the windshield and a ballot. the spectators will get ballots when they come in also. there will be a large ballot box and a simple count will deliver the winner. the dealers choice will be a vote of the employees working here, and yes it will probably be a FORD powered vehicle. the trophys will be awarded at 3:00. when it comes to the dyno awards they are simple, highest naturally aspirated horse, and highest horspower non n/a. from the sounds of it there are some pretty stout cars coming so bring your A game boys and give it a shot.

when people arrive they will check in at the entrance and be asked: show, dyno, both? if someone just wants to show they will be directed to park. if they want to use the dyno they will pay the $30 and get a ticket, and then get in line. if for some reason you have to leave or we run out of time you can get a refund. you will also be asked for name and number to get you your trophy if you are not around or you might just get a thank you call for showing up. if after the dyno you wish to leave, there will be an exit lane, if you wish to show you go and park. any spectators will have there own parking area. all food and drinks are going to be inside and we will post signs that no food or drink from spectators is allowed in the show area.

again, i stress if someone has there heart set on dynoing come on saturday!

i also have to stress that we would like the car show to be domestics only!! nothing against them but we don't sell any imports. there is someone who stopped in and asked if there import club can come. i said yes as long as there were only a few cars and they were nice. no beat up civics with the Folgers exhaust. that is all.

TURTLE
03-28-2007, 12:05 PM
so a little neon with a little motor would be welcomed? te he he

07ROUSHSTG3
03-28-2007, 12:11 PM
yup, its not a honda!

TURTLE
03-28-2007, 12:13 PM
sweetness! thanks for the info!

GRAMPS SS
04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Good deal. Thanks for making the arrangements for us! :thumbsup

you better show...hell you can't make it to culvers....:rolf :rolf :thumbsup

Z Speed
04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
ill probably come with my cobalt...... curious of what it puts down

FANAT1C
04-17-2007, 08:02 PM
you better show...hell you can't make it to culvers....:rolf :rolf :thumbsup

Damn you Wayne! :chair: :goof I've been out of town until today. Hell I like ice cream, I'll be there! :D