PDA

View Full Version : Lost Title?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I am continplating on buying a car that the current owner does not have the title for. How would I go about getting one after i would buy the car? Would I have to write out a bill of sale to show the DMV? And if the current owner did not recieve the title from the previous owner, would this even be possible? Thanks for any help.

hotshift13
03-06-2007, 08:54 PM
It's a total pain in the a$$. How old is the car? If the car is not stolen you may be able to get hobby plates, but those are for handmade cars and older cars. Please correct me if I'm wrong guys, I dont want to lead dempsi down the wrong path!!

Car Guy
03-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Tell the person selling the car to get a replacement title, it's only $20 bucks. If he/she is not willing to do that to sell the car don't even bother with it.....

What's some basic info on it, year/make/model, etc...?

88Nightmare
03-06-2007, 09:00 PM
yeah its a pain in the ass. not worth it unless you are going after an UBER rare car.

Memphis
03-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Tell the person selling the car to get a replacement title, it's less than $20 bucks. If he/she is not willing to do that to sell the car don't even bother with it.....

What's some basic info on it, year/make/model, etc...?

Actually replacement titles are up to $45...talk about a rip. If its an older car, you can send away for the title but it costs around $200. If the car was last titled in another state (mostly southern or western states) many only required a bill of sale for older cars, no titles issued. So as they said, whats the year and what state was it last registered in?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I heard about this car from a guy at work. The car in question is a 1986 Dodge Omni GLH. I have not seen this yet in person or know it's exact whereabouts, but just curious as to what all needed to be done on registering with these conditions.

Car Guy
03-06-2007, 10:01 PM
Actually replacement titles are up to $45...talk about a rip. If its an older car, you can send away for the title but it costs around $200. If the car was last titled in another state (mostly southern or western states) many only required a bill of sale for older cars, no titles issued. So as they said, whats the year and what state was it last registered in?

Really..? I have never paid more than the latest fee of $20 to get one, just as long as the person getting it is the current owner.....

MurphysLaw88GT
03-06-2007, 10:28 PM
GLH hell yeah!

Memphis
03-06-2007, 10:36 PM
I wouldnt register the car if I had a title!!:goof

ps. had to get a title last week, cost me $45. Not sure if different circumstances...or maybe I just had the uber-b**ch!!

zerepdivad
03-06-2007, 11:46 PM

I got a replacement title for a car i just sold the other day for 25 bucks exactly.

Cryptic
03-07-2007, 11:02 AM
20 for the replacement title and 5 counter fee I thought

Car Guy
03-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Yup that's it, for just a basic replacement title for the current owner.....

zerepdivad
03-07-2007, 12:59 PM

Exactly what it cost me.