PDA

View Full Version : F/S-Weld Pro Stars for Fox Body Mustang.

FourEyedFord
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM
It is a set of 2 Weld Pro Stars, 15x8s, that are in good shape with a 4.5in. bolt circle and a 5.5in. backspace.
They fit perfect on my coupe. The rims have 8 screws per side installed on them, and they also come with a free set of 28x9in. hoosier slicks. The slicks are about a year and a half old so they won't get you that far at the track, but they are something to roll on until you get a new set. One slick does have a tire plug in it also just as a warning. I went 10.0 @137 mph and put a bunch of street miles on the tire with the tire plug in there, and it held just fine. In fact these slicks were the best I have ever had at holding air. The rims are $170 each new, so I figure $200 for the pair is fair. The only thing is you will have to wait a week or two for me to get the rims back. My car is out of state getting some things done and they are on there. I promise that it will not take more than two weeks from today, otherwise I will drive to get them myself.

Thanks a lot guys!
Bobby

sidewayzbimmer
03-06-2007, 12:43 AM
4-lug? Fit stock 88 specs?

FourEyedFord
03-06-2007, 12:46 AM
4-lug? Fit stock 88 specs?

Sorry forgot to say they are 5-lug, that is all weld makes prostars in actually.
They are the correct backspace 8in. wide wheel for any year fox body Mustang, 79-93. So they will work perfectly as long as you have five lug rear axles.

FourEyedFord
03-06-2007, 12:50 AM
For anyone else that would like to convert to five lug rear axles, Adam, in this thread, still has 31spline moser axles and c-clip elims for sale for a mustang 8.8. He also has an eaton 31spline posi unit too.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19373

junk mx6 no rly
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
have you put them on a stock foxbody?hows clearence?asking because ppl use foxbody rims on my style mx6 but whats the stock width of a foxbody rim?I was guessing 7inch but im thinking im going to have to run spacers with them on my car.If they fit ill but them.

FourEyedFord
03-06-2007, 10:10 PM
have you put them on a stock foxbody?hows clearence?asking because ppl use foxbody rims on my style mx6 but whats the stock width of a foxbody rim?I was guessing 7inch but im thinking im going to have to run spacers with them on my car.If they fit ill but them.

I have stock wheel tubs on my car and they fit just fine. I clearanced the inside of the wheel well a little and got rid of the fender lip just to be safe though. Most people put these rims on Mustangs without doing anything.

I'm pretty sure the stock width rim for a mustang is 7", also.