PDA

View Full Version : So Long Ahman Green

Karps TA
03-04-2007, 06:06 PM
He reunited with Mike Sherman today.

Now Sherman has most of his old backfield. With Gado and Vonta Leech already there.

I'm happy Green finally got his big payday he always wanted. But I'm also happy we weren't the ones giving it to him. RB's like him who never shy away from the big hits, don't seem to have a long career. I didn't think Green looked very quick last year coming off the injury. And guys like that can hit the wall real fast, like Eddie George did.

Cutlass Queen
03-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I'd consider this a gain rather than a lost in this situation :)

Bon voyage Ahman Green :loser

GRM-REPR
03-04-2007, 06:20 PM
He reunited with Mike Sherman today.

Now Sherman has most of his old backfield. With Gado and Vonta Leech already there.

I'm happy Green finally got his big payday he always wanted. But I'm also happy we weren't the ones giving it to him. RB's like him who never shy away from the big hits, don't seem to have a long career. I didn't think Green looked very quick last year coming off the injury. And guys like that can hit the wall real fast, like Eddie George did.

X2
Green is getting to the point of age where an r.b starts to lose his luster, he can play in the backfield behind Walle Lundy.

Neal Steffek
03-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

flyin_blue_egg
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
^^^agreed...but who the hell we got for RB now....morency and who else? noah herron?

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2007, 07:52 PM
he sux ass anyways whyu would anyone care he is leaving

Greg@GLD
03-04-2007, 08:25 PM
I care. He played hard for the Packers and was one of the best running backs we've ever had and he's a good guy. Plus he loves Mustangs. He certainly didn't "suck ass".

He probably has lost a step and is on the decline, but he was responsible for a lot of great games and big wins and will be missed. But it does not mean it will turn out to be a bad thing for GB.

I hope he does well down there in Texas.

moels
03-04-2007, 08:28 PM
I think he was good a few years back, but the fumbling was always a problem with him. They made the right move in getting rid of him for sure. He will still play, but not to the level he did in his prime here.

Brandon W.
03-04-2007, 08:29 PM
I care. He played hard for the Packers and was one of the best running backs we've ever had and he's a good guy. He certainly didn't "suck ass".I hope he does well down there in Texas.

i agree 100% +1 for you.

hrsp
03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
I care. He played hard for the Packers and was one of the best running backs we've ever had and he's a good guy. Plus he loves Mustangs. He certainly didn't "suck ass".

He probably has lost a step and is on the decline, but he was responsible for a lot of great games and big wins and will be missed. But it does not mean it will turn out to be a bad thing for GB.

I hope he does well down there in Texas.

yup age and carries have caught up to him but he still can be a productive back...i'm happy he got a big payday and i'm glad ther packers didnt do it...

Greg@GLD
03-04-2007, 08:34 PM
I think he was good a few years back, but the fumbling was always a problem with him. They made the right move in getting rid of him for sure. He will still play, but not to the level he did in his prime here.

Yea, the fumbling was something else Wayne, you're right.
They didn't really "get rid of him" inasmuch as he found a team that was willing to pay him the kind of money he wanted. I think it would have been crazy for us to pay him that kind of money. Plus Sherman had a history of paying to much to older players when he was here. Looks like that has not changed.

Marshawn Lynch. Pick 16. :D

slvr2000stang
03-04-2007, 09:19 PM
he sux ass anyways whyu would anyone care he is leaving

Wow what an intelligent post.

There are still uses for old dogs.

moels
03-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Yeah, old dogs can can crap on your carpet and not catch the balls the you throw them. Intelligent post there too. :rolleyes:

Cryptic
03-04-2007, 09:24 PM
He had a good run with Green Bay. I'll miss those great second & third effort runs..

moels
03-04-2007, 09:26 PM
He had a good run with Green Bay. I'll miss those great second & third effort runs..

No doubt, he had some great years in GB. I liked Ahman alot and hope he has a few more good years. I just think we can do better than him at running back and for less then he wanted.

DirtyMax
03-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I would have liked to have seen them keep AG, but not at $5+ million per yr. Best of luck to him. I'm sure they will find someone to replace him.

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2007, 09:48 PM

like what taking up playing time for younger players that may produce more and hold on to the ball. your inteligence is monumental in your post glad you could add nothing. its my opinion if you dont like it ignore

slvr2000stang
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
you need some stability & experience to groom the new players.

Reverend Cooper
03-04-2007, 09:56 PM
at what dropping the ball?

slvr2000stang
03-05-2007, 05:42 AM
at what dropping the ball?

Yep that's it. :thumbsup

turbogarrett
03-05-2007, 09:42 AM
He had so many big game fumbles back when the packers were a contender, it pretty much cancels out the good for me. See ya!

Reverend Cooper
03-05-2007, 06:42 PM
He had so many big game fumbles back when the packers were a contender, it pretty much cancels out the good for me. See ya!

amen brother amen. x2

Karps TA
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Man I thought I was hard on the guy. Some of you guys make him seem like he was Brent Fullwood. The guy was a helluva back and was top 4 RB in the NFL for a couple years.

I think he lost a step with his injuries and would have only resigned him at like 2-3 mil. But before saying good riddance, we might want to find a RB to take his spot. Cause the 2 guys backing him up are nothing but backups.