PDA

View Full Version : Softball Sponsorship Poll

Korndogg
03-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Please vote only if you plan on playing.

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 09:03 PM
See post #6...

Korndogg
03-02-2007, 09:04 PM
just vote darnit.... :)

Im just trying to find out what everyone wants before scott and me make any decisions.

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 09:06 PM
See post #6...

Korndogg
03-02-2007, 09:08 PM
well Rookies already said they would sponsor us.

Car Guy
03-03-2007, 11:40 AM
Where is everybody on this...?

Alright, this is how I see the whole situation and I think this is a 'drama proof' way to go about it for everybody.....

I have NO problem being sponsored by a bar IF we are not expected to go there after every game. During the winter I could care less if I sit inside someplace all day but during the summer I like to take advantage of the nicer weather. Now going there once in awhile is fine but what is acceptable for how often I/we would go I don't know, and I just don't want to run into hard feelings with the sponsor if it's not enough.....

That's my feelings, however I'd like to hear some other input on this....

fireguyrick
03-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I voted no, but because I do not know what the bar is expecting us to spend on a after game basis. Not to mention that there will be times where going to the bar after a game is not going to work well for me.

So basically, if the cost of a uniform and player fee is less then or around what the bar will want us to spend, I say we do it ourselves.

In the end though, it does not matter to me, as I really just want to play some softball, and have some fun.

Rick

Silver350
03-03-2007, 02:43 PM
My only consern about not having a sponsor is people not paying up to play, Right now I have payed for the team to play. I kind of like to get a sponsor that way everyone can play but it is free. But I do not want to have a bar sponsor us seeing I am not a big drinker and dont hang out in bars that often. I will talk to some friends and see if they have any ideas.

RanJer
03-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Voted no just because if its ~$27 per person to play, and say what... $20 ea. for a shirt? That's far less then what we'd spend going to the bar after games...

wikked
03-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Yea, if you can't cough up $47... then you can't afford the gas to drive out to play either :goof

Car Guy
03-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree with most of what was said, does anybody else have any leads on a sponsor...?

Feature Pony
03-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Where is everybody on this...?

Alright, this is how I see the whole situation and I think this is a 'drama proof' way to go about it for everybody.....

I have NO problem being sponsored by a bar IF we are not expected to go there after every game. During the winter I could care less if I sit inside someplace all day but during the summer I like to take advantage of the nicer weather. Now going there once in awhile is fine but what is acceptable for how often I/we would go I don't know, and I just don't want to run into hard feelings with the sponsor if it's not enough.....

That's my feelings, however I'd like to hear some other input on this....

I agree but I can also stop in for 1 or 2 beers it isn't going to kill me.. I know when I used to bounce at Jet Setters our softball team would stop in for a road and then pretty much jet. I have no problems with paying or getting sponsored. I know the Jet Setters team not everyone would show up, usually about half the team would come in.

Silver350
03-05-2007, 06:38 AM
For those of you playing softball I need you to post on what you would like to do for softball, wether or not you want to be sponsored or if you do not mind Paying.

fireguyrick
03-05-2007, 08:27 AM
Like I said above, I will be fine either way, but would prefer to just pay myself.

Rick

Prince Valiant
03-05-2007, 01:41 PM
I don't mind either way...I voted no, but got no probs if we go yes.

RanJer
03-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I really don't mind either way.