PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor Parts.....

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
I recently took the head off of my air compressor because it wouldn't get above 40psi, well it turns out that there was some crap sticking the valves open. It's all clean now and ready to go back together but I'm having a hard time finding gaskets. There's no name on the compressor itself and all I have are some numbers off of the block/head.....

If somebody could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.....

Thanks~!:thumbsup

hotshift13
03-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Maybe you could trace out the old gaskets on new gasket material and make your own? I've done the same thing and it turned out fine!

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Maybe you could trace out the old gaskets on new gasket material and make your own? I've done the same thing and it turned out fine!

Yeah I thought of that, however the old gasket came apart like a bomb going off. I tried to be as gentle as possible but between it being very old and sticking to both surfaces like concrete there wasn't much left. I guess if anything I will try to trace the head and make one from there but I'd really like to find one premade....