PDA

View Full Version : New AT&T television service

Goat Roper
03-02-2007, 10:41 AM
If you haven't checked out the new AT&T television offerings, it isn't a bad idea to. Prices are inexpensive and are packaged with internet.

https://uverse1.att.com/launchAMSS.do

Available in the Milwaukee metro. UPDATE; just not Pewaukee

LIL EVO
03-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh well, not avail in Pewaukee

animal
03-02-2007, 11:40 AM
What I think is the best part, is that they are saying fvck off to the community and the "royalties" crap that the cable tv has to pay. I'm actually rooting for the "big guy" this time, I think that crap is BS in the first place.

wikked
03-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Nice, this is only gonna cause Time Warner's prices to drop so they can compete with AT&T... about time their price rape monopoly came to an end.

Goat Roper
03-02-2007, 12:38 PM
My install is next Thursday morning. If you pick the first day available they will wave the $50 installation fee.

Ricky Bobby
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
What I think is the best part, is that they are saying fvck off to the community and the "royalties" crap that the cable tv has to pay. I'm actually rooting for the "big guy" this time, I think that crap is BS in the first place. they are tryin to get around this, it will be an interesting fight, its been launched in texas for awhile and i hear the service is not as good, it goes in and out all the time

Yooformula
03-02-2007, 05:25 PM
I signed up for the att&t/direct tv deal but cancelled it because I didnt want to be locked into a 2year contract that required my nuts if I had to cancel.

wikked
03-02-2007, 06:41 PM
It's still just DSL too :(

Goat Roper
03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
I have Business Class RR here at the house, I will have to see how this internet compares with some speed tests.

Ricky Bobby
03-10-2007, 01:58 PM
so hows the new at&t thing workin for ya, just curious

Goat Roper
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
so hows the new at&t thing workin for ya, just curious

Got it installed on Thursday and this setup is SWEET. Internet download speeds are the same down (6mb) but upload speeds have doubled. It is 63mb a sec to the house :) . Their main control box acts as a wireless router as well and if you have any machines that are not hooked up wirelessly they will give you free USB or PCMCIA cards to get them wireless.

No more coax cable, they ran all new cat5 cabling to the TVs. Each set top box has it's own IP and runs on Windows CE.

Boxes are very small so you can put them damn near wherever, even the DVR, and have ALOT more options than TW.

All I have to say is, get this setup.

Buick_Guy
03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
We would do it,but DSL is to slow...We just went back to Time Warner's cable/phone/road runner deal...The road runner pro is three times faster that DSL pro.We pay alittle more but well worth it.

Ricky Bobby
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
well i work for tw so i wont get it, just curious how it was

Goat Roper
03-10-2007, 06:32 PM
We would do it,but DSL is to slow...We just went back to Time Warner's cable/phone/road runner deal...The road runner pro is three times faster that DSL pro.We pay alittle more but well worth it.

I am on their "Elite" DSL, same download speed as my TW Business Class but faster upstream. I don't know what TW "pro" service, Biz class was good enough for me.

KillerTA
03-17-2007, 11:01 PM
If anyone wants all of the applicable discounts available, use promotion code DP3175 when you order.

Yooformula
03-18-2007, 12:17 AM
are they requiring a contract?

davidrab
03-18-2007, 04:04 AM
I haven't looked into this yet because I could never get DSL at anything but
the slowest speed (to far from a switch), but I'll have to see if it is available
in OC.

The one thing that would be a killer is this:

The flaw is at this time you can only watch 1 HD channel on any given receiver in your house at a time. This means only 1 receiver can watch a HD channel, if a second person in the house wants to watch something in HD they will see an error message that all HD streams are in use to turn to a non HD channel or it gives you the option to boot the other receiver out of the HD stream it's tuned to.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=87544

Goat Roper do you know if this is the case?

SSDude
03-18-2007, 09:15 AM
The City of Milwaukee wants to pad you AT&T cable bill. They know better how to spend your money than you do. Other communities to follow.
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=578716

Yooformula
03-18-2007, 11:05 AM
Anything to get more money. So is this what those commericials were whining about from TWC? If this allocated money is for schools, one would think they would be in better condition considering how much they take in.

Teufelhunden
03-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Got it installed on Thursday and this setup is SWEET. Internet download speeds are the same down (6mb) but upload speeds have doubled. It is 63mb a sec to the house :) . Their main control box acts as a wireless router as well and if you have any machines that are not hooked up wirelessly they will give you free USB or PCMCIA cards to get them wireless.

No more coax cable, they ran all new cat5 cabling to the TVs. Each set top box has it's own IP and runs on Windows CE.

Boxes are very small so you can put them damn near wherever, even the DVR, and have ALOT more options than TW.

All I have to say is, get this setup. So what are you paying per month?

Goat Roper
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
I haven't looked into this yet because I could never get DSL at anything but
the slowest speed (to far from a switch), but I'll have to see if it is available
in OC.

The one thing that would be a killer is this:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=87544

Goat Roper do you know if this is the case?

I think that would depend on your sihnal strength to the house because I asked this question and was told that any or all could run HD at the same time with my signal strength to the house, which was either 58 or 63mbps.

They are putting in new vrads all the time around the Milwaukee metro. The day I was getting mine installed they said the signal was a little week so they sent someone out who would replace a card and up the signal and voila, instant strong signal.

Yoo: They require no contract.

Mopar: I went with the U400 package plus their upgraded HD package and Elite internet connection, puts me around $130 I believe.

Teufelhunden
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
^^I just checked availability, not offered where I live. :chair: