PDA

View Full Version : mayfair....

hrsp
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
how do you guys feel about the new mayfair policy where you have to be over 18 or with a parent to go inside?

fireguyrick
03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I see no issue with the policy, and it seems to make fiscal sense. Though, only time will tell.

Rick

nismodave
03-01-2007, 05:07 PM
I think it should be that way at all Malls.

Prince Valiant
03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Not too different from policies around the country...I think the mall of america has been doing it for at least two years, or at least they tried it that long ago.

But imo, they need to do something drastic before they become the "next northridge"

GRAMPS SS
03-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I agree...right now it's just a place to hang out and cause problems....the cops were called there how many times this week for fights and a gun....the mall is on the news every night...it's about time they do something with that mall

Feature Pony
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't shop there, that place is ghetto!!!

Flight_740
03-01-2007, 05:22 PM
It's a shame too because it's a cool mall.

I think it's a good idea but it won't do much. A lot of the trouble is not even with people under 18. Thats the sad part. Legally adults but kids on the inside.

Prince Valiant
03-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I heard that they'd be carding people who appear to be younger than thirty...and everyone knows who they'll be carding.

Car Guy
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM

It's a shame too because it's a cool mall.

I think it's a good idea but it won't do much. A lot of the trouble is not even with people under 18. Thats the sad part. Legally adults but kids on the inside.

You took the words right out of my mouth...!

Lash
03-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I *might* actually go there now.

We did the HVAC there when they remodeled and put the addition on that place. All that nice/hard work and the place goes down the shitter.

hrsp
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
its a nice mall but it has become the new north ridge...

and the theatre is wasted as well...what a shame

Arigmaster
03-01-2007, 05:40 PM

I agree, I think the entire N/W side of Milwaukee has become nothing more than a dumping ground for Rent Assistance and Swellfare recipiants. Sidney Kohl and Nardelli, and the whole lot of them sold the entire area out. Never raised a finger to get rid of slumlords. Infact they made it easy for the slumlords to operate there and they still do. Northridge Lakes and the North Medows were full of slumlords who didn't give a crap as long as they got their county money. and the county was happy to get the "element" out of the areas they wanted to re-develop. It's that element that chased business away because of "shrink" and crime in the area. It killed off Capitol Court and Northridge. Mayfair will probably go next and then Southridge.

I got rid of the couple places I had because of it too. The City sat on their hands with problems in that area (Both the Police and the Department of Neighborhood Services) Then they raised the taxes so high that you nearly had to charge 900.00 per month for a 3 bedroom. Well... Guess what... Anyone with a Job and descent credit could afford to make mortgage payments at that amount. The only ones left were the scum with no jobs, criminal records, and several judgements for stiffing utilities and other landlords.

IMOHO... They shouldn't move these idiots around anymore for the developers...They should give all us taxpayers a break and instead of moving them and giving them a free ride at my expense... Use my tax dollars to pay for smart weapons and just drop it down the chiminey. The developers will save demolision cost too.

Crawlin
03-01-2007, 05:51 PM
i AGREE WITH THE ABOVE... CAN'T FIND A FLAW ANYWHERE IN IT

Yooformula
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
I like it! I know the Tosa cops welcome it because this way they can actually do something about the morons now not just toss em out.

Holeshot
03-01-2007, 06:10 PM
I have no problem with it. Keep the trash out.

Reverend Cooper
03-01-2007, 07:00 PM
i dont care i can go i am over 18

Karps TA
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I'll say that it was a whole different place at lunch today. I go there atleast once a week for lunch, and it's usually packed with kids. Today not so much. I'm sure the food court is losing some cash, but it was much easier to check out the MILFs.

PB86MCSS
03-01-2007, 07:12 PM
Kind of wonder if it will help business, or hurt it. Its a nice mall and there are some stores that might not be in other malls but for the most part, I'd rather go somewhere where you aren't checked for ID. I wonder how many feel the same way and will just go elsewhere. Time will tell...

Yooformula
03-01-2007, 07:25 PM
jsut because there were a ton of kids doesnt mean they were spending money. I know I have seen an increase once we went put in place an age min. It seemed like we were slower without the groups of kids but a better clientel will come out that tend to spend more.

Karps TA
03-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Ya know another option is people maybe act with a little bit of respect and not be complete jagoffs. I know it's a wild ass idea that will never work. But it's a thought.

GRAMPS SS
03-01-2007, 08:20 PM
after Northridge closed, they had to have a place to go...the bus line does go to Mayfair...JMO..but what took them soooo long to figure out they had this problem.... that NOW they decide to do something about it...will it make it worse or will the problem go away as they seem it will..then where will they go Bayshore...then Southridge.................

Car Guy
03-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Ya know another option is people maybe act with a little bit of respect and not be complete jagoffs. I know it's a wild ass idea that will never work. But it's a thought.

I would have to agree but most of the people causing the problems have no idea how to act like decent human beings. I am convinced that a person's being is how you were raised.....

fireguyrick
03-01-2007, 08:25 PM
after Northridge closed, they had to have a place to go...the bus line does go to Mayfair...JMO..but what took them soooo long to figure out they had this problem.... that NOW they decide to do something about it...will it make it worse or will the problem go away as they seem it will..then where will they go Bayshore...then Southridge.................

Southridge. Bayshore (Glendale PD) well NOT stand for what goes down at Mayfair currently. As it stands, they already have rules at Bayshore regarding unsupervised minors.

I may consider going back to Mayfair, as there are SOME stores there that I would visit. As it is I generally go to Northbrook Court if I need to go to a mall. I would rather drive an hour and 15 minutes to spend 4 times more then I would at a mall 20 minutes from me, JUST to avoid this childish crap that goes on.

Rick

Flicktitty
03-01-2007, 08:35 PM
taking away ages 14-18 isn't gonna stop problem.
People with guns and people that cause problems are still gonna cause the trouble that is/and still will be going on there.

Personally be being almost 20 this rule is dumb in my opinion, and i'm sure i'll catch some shit for saying this but not all kid's are the bad apples. I mean your telling me if this rule was in effect 2 years ago when i was 17 and i wanted to go to get a shirt or get something from the food court or grab a cd etc. i wouldn't be able to go unless i talked my mom or dad into driving 45-60 minutes up there for a lousey shirt,cd,etc? And isn't this against some sort of amendment or something? i think this rule is dumb, I will retract my statement if someone can prove a certain amount of people 14-18 year olds. i personally see more 18-21 year old getting into trouble there personally. I'm gonna be kind of pissed when i have to go to mayfair mall next show them my ID.

Karps TA
03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Is showing an ID that big of a deal really? Does it really somehow ruin your day? What are you going to do when you turn 21 and go to bars where they ask you your ID for the next 10 years?

fireguyrick
03-01-2007, 08:41 PM
I believe they were saying that the age limit is going to fall somewhere between 18 and 22 years old. So it is possible that if you are as old as 22 you may not get in. I also thought that it was going to be during specific hours of the day. So, if you want something on your own, go during those hours.

Rick

Heat Seeker WS6
03-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Eliliminate the 21 & 31 bus stops there is my vote.

Flicktitty
03-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Is showing an ID that big of a deal really? Does it really somehow ruin your day? What are you going to do when you turn 21 and go to bars where they ask you your ID for the next 10 years?

no it's not going to RUIN my day, but it is kind of an inconvenant to have it when going to a mall, exspecially if i ride with someone there and i don't have my ID on me and i can't get into the mall that would be dumb as well.

I believe they were saying that the age limit is going to fall somewhere between 18 and 22 years old. So it is possible that if you are as old as 22 you may not get in. I also thought that it was going to be during specific hours of the day. So, if you want something on your own, go during those hours.

Rick

Do you or anyone have more info on this policy? i didn't hear anything about it on the news when i watched it today. And i might stop having to go to may fair if they start picking out certain ages of people and stopping them from going in. pretty dumb when/if they relist the draft or we can vote for a president or we can go buy a car/house what ever it is we want yet we couldn't get into a mall? that kind of pisses me off.

fireguyrick
03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
From JSONLINE.com

Although Conley stressed that no age limit has been decided yet for Mayfair, she said the carding will likely affect people who appear to be in the 18- to 22-year-old range.

Yes, it is unfortunate for a fair amount of people, but let's face it, something has to be done. If it bothers you so much go to another mall, period. Nothing in the Bill of Rights states that you have a god given right to shop at Mayfair.

The issue is that there are SOME people creating a fair amount of issues at this mall, and many of these people are younger "adults." What would you like Mayfair to do? By all means, if you have a better way to solve these issues, please put it forth.

No matter what you do some people are going to complain, it is a fact of life. But I will be honest with you, I really think that the money that these yound "adults" and teens bring into the mall is, and will be, insignificant compared to the older adult population they are loosing out on. So, like I said, it should be a win-win for Mayfair (less trouble and more money).

Rick

nismodave
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Mayfair is a crap mall for guys anyway, aside from checking out the broads.

The stores there are generally mostly for women and teens.

The store I do like there is Williams Sonoma, and Boston Store.

And the Boston Store in Brookfield is 10x better anyway.

Greg@GLD
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
It's all overblown.

Flicktitty
03-01-2007, 09:12 PM
i can understand them picking out some of the more "Ghetto,problem causing people out of the group. i just know i will never go to mayfair if they say i'm not allowed do to it being after a certain hour.

Lash
03-01-2007, 09:13 PM
Nice sig Greg...lol.

With this happening at mayfair...I'm sure it'll move to Brookfield square now. It's not that far from mayfair and the buses do run there.

nismodave
03-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Thats a pic of me next to him.

Karps TA
03-01-2007, 09:21 PM
i can understand them picking out some of the more "Ghetto,problem causing people out of the group. i just know i will never go to mayfair if they say i'm not allowed do to it being after a certain hour.

Honestly theres a certain hour you couldn't pay me to be at Mayfair.

Thankfully age won't effect anyones ability to get shot or mugged in the parking lot.

Flicktitty
03-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Honestly theres a certain hour you couldn't pay me to be at Mayfair.

Thankfully age won't effect anyones ability to get shot or mugged in the parking lot.

again, to tell you the truth i don't go up there much, i used to go up there before 7pm then i left there has been a few select times i got there afterwards not the nicest place to be.

PureSound15
03-01-2007, 09:23 PM
That's awesome! I have heard nothing about it until now, but I'll probably go there more often, or rather not mind going there now.

stowsea
03-01-2007, 10:48 PM
I think it should be that way at all Malls.

that and no emo's

rally_scort
03-01-2007, 10:50 PM
what about the EMO population?

73Dustr
I was there for the first time since Christmas two weeks ago. I went with a friend and we both agreed we wouldn't go there again. I did not believe how much it had changed. You've got these group of gangsters walking 7 wide, 3 deep and all they do is block the walkways. When you finally get around one group, you're stuck behind another group limping their ghetto asses through the mall. It's terrible. We even had a deal go down right next to us, plain as day. I sure as hell wouldn't want my girlfriend going there, even if she was with a friend or two.

As for the ID thing, I don't think that's going to solve all the issues. I'd guess a good number of the people loitering there would not fall within the age bracket anyways. Sure, it might relieve some of the problems, but I bet they will continue. Even with the new policies, I'll keep going to Brookfield. I don't feel like I'm going to get stabbed walking through that mall.

flyin_blue_egg
i would have to say it's a pretty good idea. but maybe that's because im 19 so it doesn't effect me

fireguyrick
03-01-2007, 11:05 PM
i would have to say it's a pretty good idea. but maybe that's because im 19 so it doesn't effect me

I would not say that, it may very well effect you until you are 22.

Rick

MurphysLaw88GT
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
how bout show proof that you have a job unless a homemaker. Bum ass thuggish-ruggish homos. Nutron-bomb the core.

Al
03-02-2007, 01:00 AM
what about the EMO population?

The Emo do little more than sob and hide in corners writing prose. They are not the primary concern.

How about this rule: No hats or hoods can be worn inside (evening hours?). It might seem minor, but it has a major influence on behaviors of younger people.

The only time I go to Mayfair is when I am craving a cinnabon for breakfast or I want to get a magazine at Barnes.

95 TA - The Beast
03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
I am all for the checking of IDs...

Honestly, one of the bigger things that had better happen is barring entry not only based on age, but if the person presenting the ID is beligerant or not... I mean if you have some thug giving static to the people checking the IDs, how would you expect him to act around other thugs?

That in itself could do a lot to stem the tide of ignorance at that mall... We went there when the new theatres were just put in and it was a really nice place back then, but now it is just disgusting... I mean on a weekday it was worse than Southridge was during christmas, which was scary enough in itself...

I think the city in general needs to take a serious look at the problem that mall is exposing in regards to that section of the city's youth and the lack of proper social restraint as a prime indicator of where that area of the city itself is going... I mean what about these kids parents? Like you don't think you aren't sure to find just as many problems with them as with thier kids? Yeah sad generalisation, but accurate, as any decent law-abiding and socially responsible adult would damn well make sure thier kids would be representative of thier upbringing and any kind of stupidity like is seen there on a regular basis would be dealt with properly...

GRAMPS SS
03-02-2007, 08:27 AM
Thats a pic of me next to him.

dave...your the girl....your pic is gone she's back.....who was that , that played two face

Mudd Runner
03-02-2007, 08:30 AM
I am all for the checking of IDs...

Honestly, one of the bigger things that had better happen is barring entry not only based on age, but if the person presenting the ID is beligerant or not... I mean if you have some thug giving static to the people checking the IDs, how would you expect him to act around other thugs?

That in itself could do a lot to stem the tide of ignorance at that mall... We went there when the new theatres were just put in and it was a really nice place back then, but now it is just disgusting... I mean on a weekday it was worse than Southridge was during christmas, which was scary enough in itself...

I think the city in general needs to take a serious look at the problem that mall is exposing in regards to that section of the city's youth and the lack of proper social restraint as a prime indicator of where that area of the city itself is going... I mean what about these kids parents? Like you don't think you aren't sure to find just as many problems with them as with thier kids? Yeah sad generalisation, but accurate, as any decent law-abiding and socially responsible adult would damn well make sure thier kids would be representative of thier upbringing and any kind of stupidity like is seen there on a regular basis would be dealt with properly...

Agreed

nismodave
03-02-2007, 04:08 PM
dave...your the girl....your pic is gone she's back.....who was that , that played two face

Tommy Lee Jones

supra213
03-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Question..... If all minors are banned from the mall, who is going to sell you your sh!t? If I were a kid employeed at the mall I would quit in a heartbeat with this new rule.

This new mayfair rule is just racist bullshit, plain and simple.

Arigmaster
03-03-2007, 08:47 AM
Question..... If all minors are banned from the mall, who is going to sell you your sh!t? If I were a kid employeed at the mall I would quit in a heartbeat with this new rule.

I don't understand how checking ID's or keeping unattended young kids out of the mall is racist.... I can see where they may be profiling an age group in a sense because of historical incidents at the mall. But I don't see the new rule picking out black, white, Asian,or hispanics specifically...

If they work at the mall.. those kids or young adults have a reason to be there other than to hang out so there is a difference.

I figure that if a person is going to the mall and is up to no good... They don't want anyone to know who they are so they will just stay away rather than produce their ID.

I don't let my daughter go to any mall unattended or to hang out. If she isn't there to buy something she isn't going. If she wants to go look around with friends, I only allow it if there is an adult with them.

95 TA - The Beast
03-03-2007, 09:13 AM
I think a very good point was just brought up, and that is by producing thier ID's they can keep track of who they are and if problems do arise, they can make a positive identification of the perp...

Now, another thing I hope they are doing, is not only checking the ID for age, but also cross-referencing the IDs against those with outstanding warrents... If so, you can pretty much bank on the fact that once the first few arrests are made there will be a huge drop of the real 'criminal element'...

And, might add, that the cry that it is a 'racist' policy is pure and utter crap... Who in thier right mind relates checking of IDs to any sort of racially biased action???

I mean if you are saying it is racial because the majority of people that are going to be checked are minorities, boo-fricken-hoo, grow up and get a clue, since it is obvious that those in that age bracket that are targeted to be checked are the root of the problem...

That is like saying checking IDs for underage drinking in bars is racial as well... :rolleyes:

GRM-REPR
03-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Sadly, this is the proposal that the management sees as a starting point to thwart off these fuking degenerates. If that is what needs to be done so people can feel comfortable shopping, and not scared because they know the rep Mayfair has, then I'm all for it.

I agree, if you have an i.d and your not a punk, it shouldn't matter what they are trying to do, its all to make YOU safer.

They need to stop having the buses carting in these pieces of shit, isn't it bad enough fuks like (like the ones ruining it for everyone else) already shut down countless other malls and such?

Hell, they can't even get the parking lot situation figured out, a fuking parking lot!!!! Who the hell beats someone over a parking spot?!?!

My 2cents....

GRM-REPR
03-03-2007, 11:22 AM

Are you serious?

Beagle
03-03-2007, 11:47 AM
i think it a good thing. if you think about it it will solve a bunch a problems.

supra213
03-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Sadly, this is the proposal that the management sees as a starting point to thwart off these fuking degenerates. If that is what needs to be done so people can feel comfortable shopping, and not scared because they know the rep Mayfair has, then I'm all for it.

I agree, if you have an i.d and your not a punk, it shouldn't matter what they are trying to do, its all to make YOU safer.

They need to stop having the buses carting in these pieces of shit, isn't it bad enough fuks like (like the ones ruining it for everyone else) already shut down countless other malls and such?

Hell, they can't even get the parking lot situation figured out, a fuking parking lot!!!! Who the hell beats someone over a parking spot?!?!

My 2cents....

The new carding rule is to keep minors out of mayfair mall (just like it works in a bar). Just because you have an I.D. and are not a punk doesn't mean you get in, you still have to be over 18.

Degenerates..... Stop having the buses carting in these pieces of shit.....
Oh, please do tell. Who specifically do you mean?

Last time I checked, we still had a violent crime problem in Milwaukee. Not to mention a problem with homocides last year. There is only so much that can be done, true. But maybe we need to focus on those problems and not how we are going to police a f#$@ing mall.

My 2 cents, for what its worth.

Baddriver01
03-03-2007, 12:09 PM
I am usually at the mall in the afternoon, better environment, but there are still a lot of kids there. Isn't school in session? I also know that many "daycare providers" bring their kids there to babysit them. That way they can talk on their phones and drink while 15 kids run wild around the food court...

Id's are ok with me, better movie security and just making sure that the flow continues. I hate getting stuck cutting through a group of 15 teens pushing and shoving each other and using foul language. As far as I can see, they aren't spending money and should be in school...

my 2 cents...

GRM-REPR
03-03-2007, 12:29 PM
The new carding rule is to keep minors out of mayfair mall (just like it works in a bar). Just because you have an I.D. and are not a punk doesn't mean you get in, you still have to be over 18.

Degenerates..... Stop having the buses carting in these pieces of shit.....
Oh, please do tell. Who specifically do you mean?

Last time I checked, we still had a violent crime problem in Milwaukee. Not to mention a problem with homocides last year. There is only so much that can be done, true. But maybe we need to focus on those problems and not how we are going to police a f#$@ing mall.

Uhh, I still don't think you get the mesg. Now, before you make another sweeping generalization and more ignorant, unoriginal race card bullshit, you need to do some things called reading and comprehending, because obviously you failed those concepts throught school. This thread has NOTHING to do with the homicides in Milwaukee!

Before you start "picking" on someones post, "like you're doing", READ and COMPREHEND what is trying to be done about the situation.

The "Mayfair ordeal" has gotten WAY out of hand. It's dimwits like yourself that bring overplayed racist this, racist that, Micheal MaGee bullshit into forums like these. This has nothing to do with racisism, and if you cant see that, you trully are an idiot.

Go onto JS.Online and read up, then you can come on this site and make a competent post, not more "what about the minority bullshit" that has gotten so old and overplayed. While we are all at it, why don't you bring up why illegal immigrants should come into our country for free and such, would that make you happy too?

Neal Steffek
03-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Eliliminate the 21 & 31 bus stops there is my vote.

We have a winner people!

Anyone in retail sales will tell you the bus lines kill malls. Some of you may remember back int he day when in West Allis they opened those huge retail stores on 70th and Greenfield. Most failed bad becasue of all the crap that came up on the busses.

GRM-REPR
03-03-2007, 12:59 PM
We have a winner people!

Anyone in retail sales will tell you the bus lines kill malls. Some of you may remember back int he day when in West Allis they opened those huge retail stores on 70th and Greenfield. Most failed bad becasue of all the crap that came up on the busses.

x2

93RedDevilZ28
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM

You're right. The scum who commit violent crimes NEVER go to the mall...

Yooformula
03-03-2007, 01:40 PM
bus lines will NEVER stop going there so that needs to be taken off the table. When you eliminate the easy fixes like common sense, bus lines and racial profiling you are left with much tougher solutions to the problem and I think id'ng is a step in the right direction. The city, store owners and local businesses have been fighting with the mall owners for years to do something about the kid issues including removing the movie theater but sadly greed runs the desicion makers. What finally prompted the change was a fight that broke out with GIRLS that resulted in approx 15 girls getting arrested after each one was on a cell phone calling in back ups. FTR, Bayshore doesnt have the issue YET because its too cold and most of the young punks dont like the outside atmosphere but give it time!! I know alot of Tosa cops and believe me when I say that parents get a ton of tickets for thier kids but they simply dont give a sh!t! They drop off em off at the mall in car loads then pick em up when they are done. This policy is yet another way they can penalize the parents for their kids so I am all for it. Those of you crying about racial profiling.....get over it. Fact is the MAJORITY of the problem is young black teens. No other way around it. No need to sugar coat it, too much of that has been done already and look at the results. True not all young blacks are thugs but an overwhelming majority that go to Mayfair(90-95%) are just that....THUGS. What else is left to do within the limits of the law?

77thor
03-03-2007, 03:26 PM
all they need to do is to get rid of the theater

fireguyrick
03-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Bump because rules came out today.

From the JSONLINE.com

Youths younger than 18 who want to enter Mayfair Mall must be accompanied by adult or parent older than 21 after 2 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, effective March 30, the mall announced today.

The new rule, the first of its kind in southeastern Wisconsin, applies to all areas of the mall, including the parking lot, theaters and all outlying restaurants, officials said.

Those who cannot provide a valid state-issued or school-issued ID card will be required to leave the mall property, according to the new rules. Also, those who are older than 18 but look younger will have the option of wearing a wristband while shopping.

Adults 21 and older will be able to supervise no more than four youths at a time, officials said.

Rick

Holeshot
03-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Whats with Sunday? Is nothing going to happen on the Sabbath? It should read
Anyone under 18 will not be allowed during school hours when school is in session. You need to be with an adult of 21 any other time.

Holeshot
03-23-2007, 09:46 PM
all they need to do is to get rid of the theater

See they closed Northridge and now Mayfair is taking the brunt. Ever since Southgate closed Southridge went down hill. Sadly Its not going to change.

I think thats a small un noticed reason people shop online. The only reason I say thats I have heard my wife mention it more then once as one of her reasons.

Slow Joe
03-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Wait a second, so if you dont' wear a wristband and look younger than 18 can you not be in there? (This isn't my problem, but just a question... trust me I look and am older than 18)

fireguyrick
03-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Wait a second, so if you dont' wear a wristband and look younger than 18 can you not be in there? (This isn't my problem, but just a question... trust me I look and am older than 18)

No no, it just means that if you choose not to wear the wristband you may get carded while in the mall.

Rick

Slow Joe
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Ok, I was just curious... That's what I thought...

Only problem now is that with mayfair doing this all the kids will want to go to brookfield and southridge...

Holeshot
03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^don't worry...i'll take ya there...you can tell them i'm your grand dad :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :goof

Yeah me too. At 44 I am sure I fit that well for a lot of members:goof

GRAMPS SS
03-23-2007, 10:05 PM
The new rule, the first of its kind in southeastern Wisconsin, applies to all areas of the mall, including the parking lot, theaters and all outlying restaurants, officials said.

so if 2 teenagers(lets say 17 years old) are on a date they can't go to a restaurant and have a meal and then catch a movie unless a adult is baby sitty them....that sucks

fireguyrick
03-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Ok, I was just curious... That's what I thought...

Only problem now is that with mayfair doing this all the kids will want to go to brookfield and southridge...

Psh, they are already at Southridge. I was there this afternoon to pick a few things up. No disrespect really intended here, but it was like little Mexico there. I honestly thought that I was standing in line at the DMV. All that was missing was a sign saying "Anejo Marina" over Old Navy.

Rick

Holeshot
03-23-2007, 10:08 PM

so if 2 teenagers(lets say 17 years old) are on a date they can't go to a restaurant and have a meal and then catch a movie unless a adult is baby sitty them....that sucks

I agree thats not fair and everyone suffers because of a few assholes.

GRAMPS SS
03-23-2007, 10:14 PM
^^^^^^^^^your right it's not fair if it were my son at 17 on a date and wanted to eat at say cheesecake factory...he would eat there...i would make sure of it..they are taking this toooooo far....grated they have there problems there as we all know , but to penalize everyone..not right

Brandon W.
03-23-2007, 10:17 PM
this is bull crap...i just got u-banned from there..last year the day after i got my license me and 3 buddy's skipped school and went to mayfair(my first time to mayfair BTW) and we got caught by security guards. got banned from there for like 13 months. only got a detention though and my parents shockingly thought it was funny.

Flicktitty
03-23-2007, 10:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^your right it's not fair if it were my son at 17 on a date and wanted to eat at say cheesecake factory...he would eat there...i would make sure of it..they are taking this toooooo far....grated they have there problems there as we all know , but to penalize everyone..not right

exactly my thought!

Holeshot
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Psh, they are already at Southridge. I was there this afternoon to pick a few things up. No disrespect really intended here, but it was like little Mexico there. I honestly thought that I was standing in line at the DMV. All that was missing was a sign saying "Anejo Marina" over Old Navy.

Rick

My wife says the same thing Rick. She avoids the mall .

Yooformula
03-24-2007, 12:47 AM
this is bull crap...i just got u-banned from there..last year the day after i got my license me and 3 buddy's skipped school and went to mayfair(my first time to mayfair BTW) and we got caught by security guards. got banned from there for like 13 months. only got a detention though and my parents shockingly thought it was funny.

#1 you got no business cutting school so you actually got what you deserved. I know we all used to do it but doesnt make it right.

#2 if a young couple wants to go on a date....GO EARLY! What business does a 17 yr old have hitting bars/restaurants at 10pm? NONE! should be home so parents can keep better track of their kids. Its not just a few kids that do this bs. Anytime you get a bunch of young kids together even those that are good kids when alone, you have the mob mentality and they become thugs.

Flicktitty
03-24-2007, 01:04 AM
#2 if a young couple wants to go on a date....GO EARLY! What business does a 17 yr old have hitting bars/restaurants at 10pm? NONE! should be home so parents can keep better track of their kids. Its not just a few kids that do this bs. Anytime you get a bunch of young kids together even those that are good kids when alone, you have the mob mentality and they become thugs.

After 10PM is understandable. but what i understand it is anytime after 2PM.

Cryptic
03-24-2007, 01:46 AM
this whole cell phoning for back-up is :gay

as far as mayfair goes... I pretty much swore it off a long time ago.

Arigmaster
03-24-2007, 07:24 PM
I am sure that Mayfair may relax on this new policy after a few months. I believe this bold step is more so testing the waters at this point.

It's kind of like setting off a roach bomb in your house. It will thin 'em out to a point where it is controllable and then it will be a matter of maintainence from then on.

With most malls, some parents think it's nothing more than a free babysitting service and dump their kids off knowing full well they don't have money or intentions to shop. During winter they all get cabin fever and need to go somewhere where they won't freeze their butts off and meet up with friends.
(what better place than the mall)

The trouble begins from those few little creeps (wannabe thugs) who go there to start trouble or look for opportunities to steal something. Everyone pays the price for their actions. (creates stereotypes and profiling)

As for Northridge and Capitol Court... Lets face it. Those neighborhoods are nothing like they were 15 years ago. The inner city moved there to make room for the more well off, who don't want to commute to work downtown.

The other half of what killed those malls were their own internal management never sticking to a policy. One week they would say get the teens under control...No tollerence for loitering, blah, blah, blah... Then when one parent gets pissed because they wouldn't babysit their little rogue and they would back off on the policy all together. That made the problem get worse because the little creeps at that point gained control via their parents....

I say... Set off the roach bomb! Then once it's under control they should just use common sense and good judgement when it comes to the teens. If their actually there for a purpose, let them stay. If there there to cause trouble...Well, they have a policy to fall back on to run them out of there.

Brandon W.
03-24-2007, 07:25 PM
#1 you got no business cutting school so you actually got what you deserved. I know we all used to do it but doesnt make it right.

no i know i got what i deserved..its the fact that i just get unbanned and now i cant go unless my parents are with me..

redpony06
03-25-2007, 04:01 AM
I could go either way with the new rules at Mayfair. I have been there on many trips were it seemed like Mayfair is turning into Northridge. All those wanna be gansters strutting around thinking their shit dont stink and hitting on anything that has boobs. There was this one time I stopped at the mall just to pick up something and there was this group of steriotypical ganster type checking out my butt as I walked by and I felt creeped out and a bit scared because it was 8:30 p.m. and not that many people were there if anything would of happened. Lesson learned no more tight pants. So I guess the new rules wouldn't be all that bad. But on the other hand they would totally suck because my little sister (she is 16) and I like going shopping at Mayfair but with the new rules we can't go shopping together anymore.:crying