PDA

View Full Version : Oppinions On ATV's

Breecher_7
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
So im in the market for a 4x4 ATV. I trying to narrow down what the best bang for the buck out there is. Looking between polaris, kawasaki, honda, yamaha and suzuki. Going to be used to pull and haul things alot. What do you guys recommend? and Why? Not looking for biased manufacturer loyal comments, just cold hard facts. THanks!

Im kind of leaning towards suzuki at the moment

Mudd Runner
02-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I've rode all but suzuki and out of those I like polaris the most we use ours up north as work hogs hauling/pulling ect. and they havent let us down yet we have pulled around our pontoon boat and trailer loads of wet heavy sand and trees to clear the trails on our land. My ex's dad had a polaris and only started to have to do a couple bigger repairs after about 6 years and that was with using it on the trails around antigo and those repair were brakes and a new cv up front.

Cryptic
02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I've owned a Yamaha Warrior 350 and loved it. The guys I hunt with have Hondas (many different models, from base to the most expensive). We beat the piss out of them and they take the punishment.

I would go with either of those two brands. Honda is an excellent choice for heavy duty pushing, pulling, winching. During deer hunting season we sit 6-8 guys on 1 machine to move are butts around. They feel unstoppable.

SmokinRAM114
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
they all are very good, believe it or not arctic cat has a very nice utility. but the nicest iv been on is a yamaha grizzly. they have tons of power their comfortable and will out last any of them. my dad has a polaris sportsman 400 its under powered and for "work" use polaris's rear irs is way to soft. if u want to use it for work get at least a 500. Don and Roys has a warn winch deal going right now also. If your really wanting one i can set you up with some one at don and roys.not a suzuki dealer tho...but Im sponsored by them. should be able to get you a good deal. i know everyone that works there. cousin is also the service manager there. i believe they just got in all the 07 atvs also.

Prescott
03-01-2007, 01:40 AM
I own a 2000 honduh rancher es. I'd get another one in a heartbeat. It's got enough snot to plow with in the winter and pull the racecar around in the summer. Never had any problems with it. It's on it's 2nd battery and 2nd set of tires. It wouldn't shift into reverse at times but it ended up being just a bad connection at the plug under the seat. I run out of traction before I run out of power and it's light enough to throw around. Prices are real reasonable even for a new one.

Flicktitty
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
I own a 2000 honduh rancher es. I'd get another one in a heartbeat. It's got enough snot to plow with in the winter and pull the racecar around in the summer. Never had any problems with it. It's on it's 2nd battery and 2nd set of tires. It wouldn't shift into reverse at times but it ended up being just a bad connection at the plug under the seat. I run out of traction before I run out of power and it's light enough to throw around. Prices are real reasonable even for a new one.

:thumbsup Agreeed, We have 2 of them, 2004 Rancher ES (RED) and a 2005 Rancher ES (Orange) they move pretty good if you end up getting them on the road, had mine a little under 50MPH! never gotten them stuck never not been able to pull what ever i'm trying to pull. Very good quads I'd recommend them!

flyin_blue_egg
03-01-2007, 09:20 AM
i'd reccomend anything honda. my dad owns one and has never had problems. he plows our drive way with it with ease, pulls our 20 or 30 foot boat with it and it's only a 300, so like a 500 would definatly be good

DirtyMax
03-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm very happy with the new Rincon. But then again, the other half lover her Kodiak 450 as well. That's actually with I plow the snow with...

88Nightmare
03-01-2007, 11:43 AM
My Polaris is great. When I bought it, it came with a free 1,500lb Warn winch. The nice thing about the new sportsmans is a lot of stuff is plug and play. The power cables for the winch were already run along the frame from the battery, it was so simple to install. There are already power hookups for a lot of stuff. Its even got a 12volt power outlet on the side of the gauge cluster (which polaris intended for their GPS unit but you can use it for whatever) Before the plow and warranty I bought, my 700twin Sportsman cost $6,800 and came with that free winch. I love the power it makes, ya just punch it and its more power instantly. It revs pretty high, I think the rev limiter is 6,200rpms. I like Polaris's gauge setup too. The CVT trans is nice, never have to shift when doin trail ridin so you can just concentrate on havin fun and never have to worry about what gear you need to be in to climb up that big hill, ya just punch it and hold on lol. Its a smooth ridin machine, it doesnt beat ya up so much on rough trails, so I find that after a long day of riding, my body isnt so sore and beat up. idk, just my thoughts.

70challenger
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
the polaris' are nice you just have to worry about the belt slipping when going through water. the honda rincon is also an awesome fourwheeler and the automatic trannys are awesome. if i bought a 4x4 though it would probably be a can-am outlander. they absolutly fly and handle like a sport quad. i had a hard time walking away on my 500 predator (sport quad) and they were beating up on 400ex's too.

88Nightmare
03-01-2007, 12:03 PM
yea thats the downside, is the belt, although ive submerged my quad up to the seat, and after i winched myself out, I just put it in neutral, rev'd it for 20 seconds then drove it in low gear with varying throttle and it dried out within a minute and rode like it never happened. small price for us lazy people to pay who want the cvt.

88Nightmare
03-01-2007, 12:07 PM
my beast
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/polaris4.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l44/88nightmare/polaris1.jpg

I think its a good lookin machine IMO

Breecher_7
03-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Looks like im being pushed towards honda here......

juicedimpss
03-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Looks like im being pushed towards honda here......

hard to go wrong with the honduh powersports :thumbsup

Flight_740
03-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda is great in the dirt.

88Nightmare
03-01-2007, 06:03 PM
hondas run forever, I just love the total package in my polaris. it rides so damn nice.