PDA

View Full Version : What a great state we live in

Karps TA
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
Kinda a long story, but if you can't stand WI it's a good read.

My folks live in Vernon. 6 years ago Big Bend annexed part of their property over control of Hwy 164. Basically Big Bend took their living room and 2 bedrooms and said that those rooms are in Big Bend, while the rest of the house is in Vernon. Needless to say you can't do that. So the Judge presiding over this ordered the property lines fixed. This was 6 years ago.

Needless to say for 6 years my folks have had 2 property taxes cause the city and village have ignored the court order and shifted blame constantly. Note that despite paying taxes in 2 communities they couldn't vote in 2 of them and didn't get services from 2 of them.

So last fall my folks finally had enough of being lied to decided to take them to court to have this fixed. The judge gave the city and village 15 days to get it taken care of. Which by some miracle they did. However the judge ruled that he couldn't force the city and village to pay the court and legal fees. That my folks had to take them to court for that.

So fast forward to today. $12,000 in court and lawyer fees later. And the judge ruled in favor of the city and village. So the city can ignore a court order to do something for 6 years and not be held in contempt. I wonder if any of us could do that and not spend a nite in jail or get any fines?

Our govt and legal system is so corrupt and against the avg person that it's just not even funny.

Slow Joe
02-27-2007, 11:07 AM
That's messed up..

Nix
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
I grew up in Vernon and went to Big Bend for grade school. Also I have a bunch of family that live in the area also that were very active in the community. There has always been a power struggle bewteen both of thos communities. I agree its a fuggin joke and the need to make up their minds.

Where abouts do your folks live?

Yooformula
02-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Call the media! anyway to appeal the judge's findings? perhaps contact the first judge?

Karps TA
02-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Already was in the paper back in Nov.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=533415

The writer has been in contact with my dad since, and was at the hearing I believe. So hopefully there will be a followup.

My folks live on Artesian Ave, basically across 164 from the Blue Herron. They are the house that's past the house with the barn.

hrsp
02-27-2007, 12:42 PM
fox 6 catrina cravy..i think thats who does it?

subliminal1284
02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
The government in Wisconsin blows ass chunks, And so does the Douche bag governor doyle.

pOrk
02-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Not to sound like a dbag, but if he is only paying 110 bucks in taxes each year, it sucks yes but now add 12 grand onto that for laywer fee's. Can you say oops?

Possibly I am reading it wrong, but it sounds like 55 bucks / year?

"Karpowitz only pays about $55 in taxes on the strip of his lot erroneously taxed by Big Bend. But were that land included on his town tax bill, he says, he'd be paying a few bucks less each year because of the town's lower tax rate."

Nix
02-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Alrite I gotchya, Artesian is a horrible road. they have needed to fix it for years now man. Its a horrible ride and its way to narrow. Very nice area though, my folks still live in Heather Ridge estates, its about 2-3 miles from your folks. I use to know a few people that worked at the herron, awesome grub by the way.:headbang

Karps TA
02-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Try selling your property with 2 tax bills and your property in the middle of a land battle.

The fact of the matter is a Judge ordered this done 6 year ago and it wasn't done.

Flicktitty
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
thats retarded!

i think that is even a little out of reach for the BCM investagators lol...

Cryptic
02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Judge cant bite the hand that feeds him.. its that simple... he's a pus5y

Teufelhunden
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
i think that is even a little out of reach for the BCM investagators lol...
:deal
1/1/2007 RETIRED.
THIS LISTING, ALONG WITH VNT 2072.998.006, WAS RETIRED AS A RESULT OF
ANNEXATION COURT ORDER DOCUMENT# 3443437, WHICH CORRECTED THE LEGAL
DESCRIPTION ON THE PREVIOUSLY RECORDED ANNEXATION COURT ORDER
DOCUMENT# 2396463.
THIS LISTING IS NOW KNOWN AS VNT 2072.998.008, EFFECTIVE WITH THE
2007 ASSESSMENT ROLL.

Teufelhunden
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Teal/Blue line shows the split between Big Bend and Vernon.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/4071/pic2du4.jpg

SSDude
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm no legal expert but i would think some notable lawyer would love to take this to a higher court and get themselves some great rep and probably at no charge. Can't hurt to shop it around.:thumbsup

Karps TA
02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Got more of the story from my dad now. First of all the bill was $13K but it's between them and another neighbor who the same thing happened to.

Secondly, the Judge didn't allow any testimony except from the rep from the City of Big Bend. None of the other witnesses that my folks side had brought were allowed to testify. The Judge pretty much had his mind made up before it even went to court. Which really pissed off my dad because the Judge is the same one they've been dealing with who if he knew how he was going to rule, why did he keep ringing the cash register rescheduling and raising the bills?

It's basically a railroad job. Obvisously some favors are being done.

USMARINE1108
02-27-2007, 05:44 PM
http://www.todaystmj4.com/

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/index.html

http://www.myfoxmilwaukee.com/myfox/

Reverend Cooper
02-27-2007, 07:08 PM
now that is some b.s. there