PDA

View Full Version : Pee gravel bin with door....... need ideas ?

awsomeears
02-25-2007, 11:09 PM
My work is moving into our new building in the next month or so. Everything is being updated and more organized.

When we install a new A/C outside we like to throw down two 5 gal. buckets of pee gravel. Then place the pad on top of that, easy to level and look better then just throwing on top of the dirt/grass.

Right now the Pee Gravel is just in the back of our current shop on the ground, half of it is kicked away or just scatterd about.

I would like to weld up or maybe find somthing out on the .net that holds allot of gravel and has some sort of trap door where we can slide a bucket underneith and fill er' up :thumbsup

Any thoughts or idea would be great.

- Brad -

wikked
02-26-2007, 10:48 AM
What about leveling the dirt as much as possible, then tamping it down/adding more dirt to minimize settling/etc.... then putting a quickcrete slab down?

-or-

As far as the holder... what about making a 3-sided bin out of railroad ties? Just shovel out what you need from the front.

I don't think you're gonna be able to fab up something that will 'dispense' gravel, it's gonna be damn heavy.

Maybe a 4-sided railroad tie box with a steel bottom, resting on more timbers for elevation? Cut a hole like 1/2 the size of the 5gal bucket in the bottom, with some kind of swinging cover to allow a little or alot of gravel.

I'd think you'd want a smaller hole in the bottom to control the flow easier, rather than a huge hole and all of your gravel ending up on the floor again :)

2ยข

awsomeears
02-26-2007, 04:57 PM
We do use a creet slab, gravel 1st then slab.

Good idea with the railroad ties, but $ isnt a major issue and we have a nice welder at the shop so im thinking some angle iron on stilts or somthing :-)