PDA

View Full Version : Weaaaakkkk!!!!!

Crawlin
02-25-2007, 07:29 AM
this storm was WEAK!!!!

all that talk, all those closings, and i think there's like 4-5" on the ground and that's it.

100,000/year to guess at the weather. it's more ludicrous than baseball players batting averages

u_say_go
02-25-2007, 07:39 AM
definitely didnt live up to the hype! stopped snowing here already, pretty pathetic "blizzard".

WilliamZ
02-25-2007, 07:53 AM
The shit is pretty heavy though. Around midnight it was freezing rain.

Ricky Bobby
02-25-2007, 08:01 AM
yea it was ***** to do the driveway were the plows went threw that shit was heavy

Reverend Cooper
02-25-2007, 08:38 AM
i dont know about you guys but we have at least 2 feet of snow here and now they say another 4-6 inches coming. you guys got lucky.
there was no snow on this table friday some has blown off with the wind but shiat thats alot.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/sbr2005/g.jpg

Goat Roper
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM
The reason it doesn't seem like much is the moisture content. If it was about 15 degrees colder it would look like alot more but wouldn't be near as heavy.

BAD LS1
02-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah i gotta good foot at least here, the snow drifts are almost as high as the roof line of that GTO in my driveway lol

Lash
02-25-2007, 09:13 AM
It's raining here now...lol.

Greg@GLD
02-25-2007, 09:21 AM
We maybe got 3" overnight. Perhaps some more is on the way but it is pretty warm out there...

Fine with me! It'll melt a lot faster. We got hit much harder on Friday night over here...

u_say_go
02-25-2007, 09:51 AM
I stand corrected...we got dumped on in west bend! I wanted to shoot the plow driver when he came thru about an hour ago, the snow at the end of my driveway was about 5 feet tall!:mad:

GRM-REPR
02-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Weak is right. It stopped around 11am, the wind was never like "blizzard" conditions. Then a little past midnight, it started again. The wind stopped, the snow got wet and heavy. Therefore, it cant be called a blizzard cuz the wind wasn't blowing the shit around cuz it couldnt move that heavy stuff.

Like Sonic said tho, some places got dumped on, but for the most part, weak.

moels
02-25-2007, 10:05 AM
We maybe got 3" overnight. Perhaps some more is on the way but it is pretty warm out there...

Fine with me! It'll melt a lot faster. We got hit much harder on Friday night over here...

Exactly what I thought. I don't think we'll get much more here either. They cancelled church for this crap.

Good snowman snow! All you guys with kids, get out there and make one. We had a blast! Now I have to go grocery shopping for a nose, eyes, and other essentials. lol

Greg@GLD
02-25-2007, 10:09 AM
Exactly what I thought. I don't think we'll get much more here either. They cancelled church for this crap.

Good snowman snow! All you guys with kids, get out there and make one. We had a blast! Now I have to go grocery shopping for a nose, eyes, and other essentials. lol

I'm waiting for the latest blurb on the radar to pass thru and then we'll finish the cleanup. It just this moment started to snow again.

Slow Joe
02-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Well, of course the plow truck guys at our apartment sucked again... They plowed both of our cars in!!! And of course the Mustang didn't want to move an inch... SO we ended up digging it out, and I called our landlord and left him a really nice message to get his plow truck guys out there to do their job!!! Oh and they didn't clean up our sidewalk or anything so you can hardly even open the front door... Bastards! :rolf

Reverend Cooper
02-25-2007, 10:27 AM
joe i bet if you gave them some of that busch beer they would hook you up lol

slvr2000stang
02-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Everything here is heavy wet slush under a frozen crust.
I cleared the driveway and a path down the sidewalk.

Flicktitty
02-25-2007, 10:32 AM
It's raining here now...lol.

X2, we got a good Foot i'd geuss down in Delavan but now it was raining so who knows.

I don't know how many of you if any of you have police scanners, but i have one and it was crazy to hear everything last night, they shut down 2 major hwy's in my area do to the blowing on the roads. and they had countless car accidents. it was not a "weak" storm by any means it was still a ***** for alot of people. maybe some of you just weren't informed by it.

Reverend Cooper
02-25-2007, 10:37 AM
I stand corrected...we got dumped on in west bend! I wanted to shoot the plow driver when he came thru about an hour ago, the snow at the end of my driveway was about 5 feet tall!:mad:

no kidding i went across the street and helped some of the neighbors with there driveways. i have never seen such big smiles in my life other than kids at christmas

nismodave
02-25-2007, 10:43 AM
The storm was not weak my any means.....we got a good foot here.

I need to wait for Joe to get back from breakfast so I can borrow a shovel.

05caddyext
02-25-2007, 11:16 AM
We got at least a foot here in whitewater for sure and it was extremely windy all of last night. I can't even see where the sidewalk is supposed to be outside and it was perfectly clean yesterday morning from the snow Friday night. and oh yeah... I know this might piss some people off but hey, I plow a lot so here it goes... You can't do anything about plowing peoples cars in in a parking lot, especially with that wet heavy stuff like we got here. Also, you can't do anything about plowing the end of peoples driveways in either if you live on a city street. Most routes are so huge that if you took the time to not plow anyone in or clear the end of driveways, you'd never ever finish your route. I know it sucks because when I get home from plowing, guess what? I have to clean up that same mess that people ***** about, but I realize its not their fault.

Al
02-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Early AM Saturday was much worse than early AM Sunday driving from Cedarburg to Milwaukee (2AM).

PB86MCSS
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Anyone else up late last night to see/hear the lightning and thunder? I think there was only 2 flashes of lightning and I heard thunder once, around 1:30 am in New Berlin.

Yooformula
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I measured a foot on my driveway and it was scraped clean yesterday. The drifts are huge too but it is much warmer today because my car melted over already. We are supposed to get another 4" tonight though.

Lash
02-25-2007, 11:55 AM
I really wish it would stop snowing. I'm gonna have some huge ice damns on my roof if it gets below freezing tonight.

Last week I had to climb up there and chip off 4" of ice in one of the valleys so it could drain the water properly.

H8RADE
02-25-2007, 11:56 AM
I measured a foot on my driveway and it was scraped clean yesterday. The drifts are huge too but it is much warmer today because my car melted over already. We are supposed to get another 4" tonight though.

Bring out yer barge!
Lets go racin'.
At the stroke of noon, it started again here in Brewerland Adjacent.
Bigazz, heavy snowflakes that land with a 'plop'.
Chit nearly did in my snowblower this AM.

Holeshot
02-25-2007, 11:59 AM
They just hyped it up because everyone is tired of hearing about Anna and Brittney. Glad to see highs in the upper 30s late this week. I am sick of winter:fire

Brian98GTP
02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
I left the Equinox out on the street last night when I got home... I went to go dig it out this morning and the snow was up to the windows from the plow truck. :wow
Rocked it back and forth a few times and she was out.

We got hit pretty hard here in West Bend compared to some of you to the south/southwest.

Lash
02-25-2007, 12:14 PM
I am sick of winter:fire

Werd!

Poncho
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
well i didn't think we got too much shit last night, but it just started snowing again, and it's going hard. the mustang is cozy in the garage.

Rocket Power
02-25-2007, 01:03 PM
I looked outside and thought it was weak, then I went to snowblow it. That is some heavy, wet sh*t. AT the end of my driveway it was waist high and my poor walmart shovel is now comma shaped and my snowblower (little 20" craftsman) isn't tough enough for most of it so I still had to shovel a bunch. I was done with winter spending the 2 coldest weeks of the year outside, now I am really done. F U winter:flipoff2: :goof

wikked
02-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Some phucking jackhole parked in front of his garage so the plows couldn't make the sweep in front of our garages!!!
Got like 6" from garage to middle of driveway... no shovel, no way I'm getting out.
:flipoff2: :chair: :mad: :punch: :fire :guns1 :kennygun:

Al
02-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Anyone else up late last night to see/hear the lightning and thunder? I think there was only 2 flashes of lightning and I heard thunder once, around 1:30 am in New Berlin.

I saw it too. I wasn't sure if I saw lightning or the strobe on the top of a bus at first.

wOOt! for global warming! :banana1:

Flicktitty
02-25-2007, 02:43 PM

yeap, it was kindda weird having the whole room light up blue, i thought something hit the power pole outside then i heard the thunder, pretty crazy!

WilliamZ
02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Some phucking jackhole parked in front of his garage so the plows couldn't make the sweep in front of our garages!!!
Got like 6" from garage to middle of driveway... no shovel, no way I'm getting out.
:flipoff2: :chair: :mad: :punch: :fire :guns1 :kennygun:

Get a shovel and put all the snow around his car so he can't get out!

Arigmaster
02-25-2007, 07:33 PM
My snow thrower doesn't like this stuff too much either. I didn't even start till the plow came through. The neighbors all had their driveways done early and had to do it all over again after the plows. The chunks the plow packed up were about 4' high at the end of the drive ways. I figured it be best to knock it down before it froze hard over night. Yea... I'm pretty tired of winter too.

Cryptic
02-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I plowed the driveway at 11pm and when I got done the snow turn to sleet and then it just got sh!tty. Snow got real heavy then.

I made good cash doing driveways in my neighborhood since not very many snow blowers could blow the wet snow very far. It still was a b!tch to plow and find a place for all the snow.

DirtyMax
02-25-2007, 07:51 PM
It still was a b!tch to plow and find a place for all the snow.

Yes, indeed. The ATV was working hard to move that heavy wet shit. I am sicker than hell too now thanks to all the freezing rain this morning... :mad:

Teufelhunden
02-25-2007, 07:54 PM
My 8.5hp dual stage was hurtin. I had a 5'-6' drift across my drive. Just took some extra time...

Flicktitty
02-25-2007, 08:07 PM
our Honda Rancher went right through the snow.:headbang
Yes, indeed. The ATV was working hard to move that heavy wet shit. I am sicker than hell too now thanks to all the freezing rain this morning... :mad:

Goat Roper
02-25-2007, 10:59 PM
Snowfall map

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/Image/mkx/Feb%2023-25%20Snow.jpg

Yougotboost
02-25-2007, 11:05 PM
The snow is mad heavy.

wikked
02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Get a shovel and put all the snow around his car so he can't get out!

Shouldn't need to have one at a condo... so I didn't.
I had to shovel with the recycle bin :mad:

I bought 2 later =P