PDA

View Full Version : Any PINK FLOYD fans on BCM...?

Car Guy
02-21-2007, 01:49 PM
Think of me how you want but on my list of favorite music groups PINK FLOYD is #1, in their own category with nobody else!

I just found out that the co-founder and 'genius' (Roger Waters) who was behind most if not all of their success 'back in the day' will be coming to Summerfest on July 2nd to the Marcus Amphitheater. He will be playing mostly the good ol' stuff like music from The Wall, Wish You Were Here, and The Dark Side of the Moon. If you plan on going stop down to the first row and say hello....

Did I mention I've been waiting for this for a LONG time and it's going to be 4 days before my B-day, :bday to me.....!!!

:rockwoot: :Hump :banana1: :rock: :banana :headbang :haveabeer :party:

:dance :dance :dance

GRAMPS SS
02-21-2007, 01:51 PM
hell i saw them at county stadium in the 70's.....wow memories...i know I'm old

Car Guy
02-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again.....I was born 30 years too late...

GRAMPS SS
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
^^^^^^^^yes you were....those days were a trip..more ways then one...you couldn't be straight and see them in concert....if my memory serves me right they played the stadium twice back in the 70's...they did animals and one other...but i can't remember

97z2801ss
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
they played in '75 and '77 at the stadium....
pops seen em both Animals had the big flying pig and darkside of the moon if i remember his story.... and the moon was full or something..

GRAMPS SS
02-21-2007, 02:14 PM
yep those were the ones....the good ole days.....

97z2801ss
02-21-2007, 02:16 PM
hahaha i bet!
Sweet cars and good tunes!

Feature Pony
02-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I'll be trying to grab some tickets!!! We will see where I will end up.. I would love front row!!!

Karps TA
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah that's cool and all, but Poison is headlining Waukesha County Fair July 20th. :D

Flight_740
02-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Not to thread jack but hey car guy, why are all your posts jacked up? They are hard to read how you post. For me it is anyways. All the words are centered or somthing.

Car Guy
02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
I'll be trying to grab some tickets!!! We will see where I will end up.. I would love front row!!!

I am going to do some calling around to see what the best/easiest route to get good seats is. I don't want to wait in line for hours just so I can only have a shot at the 10th row or some crap like that, I know the front sections will be $100 a ticket but I could care less. I honestly never though he would do a tour like this again and for all we know he could be dead before this concert even happens.....

Not to thread jack but hey car guy, why are all your posts jacked up? They are hard to read how you post. For me it is anyways. All the words are centered or somthing.

I figured I'd try something different....:thumbsup

Yeah that's cool and all, but Poison is headlining Waukesha County Fair July 20th. :D

No offense but Poison will be around alot longer than any of the original PF members. However I will say I saw Poison when they opened for KISS at the Apitheater and liked Poison much more, and they were only on stage for half the time.....

70challenger452
02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm so going to see them. Pink Floyd is far and away my favorite band, I rock out to them every day in my truck and fall asleep to em every night, I am willing to spend a good amount of money on tickets

Korndogg
02-21-2007, 03:51 PM
my parents saw them both times. I was born too late too.

Flight_740
02-21-2007, 03:53 PM
Didnt they have a giant exploding pig at county stadium when they played there? Thats what I heard.

MurphysLaw88GT
02-21-2007, 04:19 PM
cool, i would like to see em

70challenger452
02-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Didnt they have a giant exploding pig at county stadium when they played there? Thats what I heard.

yes they did, in a story my dad's friends told me about when the pig exploded "we were so messed up and then the pig exploded, we didn't know what to think"

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Well I never thought it would be so physically hard to get some really good tickets for the Roger Waters (Pink Floyd) concert, I thought it was more the fact of willing to pay $100 a ticket. I spent almost an hour calling different people trying to find out the best way to score some and I think I would rather have a root canal, with no pain killers. I guess I'll just have to take a chance and score some off of eBay or somewhere else....

If anybody has an 'inside' scoop on getting some please let me know.....

:cool: :cool: :cool:

PB86MCSS
03-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm a pretty big Floyd fan myself. Although I think more of David Gilmour than I do Roger Waters, I am going to try and see Waters at Summerfest this year. Waters has done some concerts, I don't think its THAT big of a deal....now if the band got back together, that would be incredibly huge.

Don't they go on sale tomorrow morning?

USMARINE1108
03-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Anyone ever done the "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wizard Of Oz" thing? It's always been on my list of things to do.

hotshift13
03-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I thought Roger Waters didn't want anything to do with Pink Floyd? Great that he is back. The dark side of the moon and the wizard of oz thing really does work, It's kind of creepy!!!!!! I think I may still have a copy somewhere, my brother figured it out and made a few copys.

Car Guy
03-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Anyone ever done the "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wizard Of Oz" thing? It's always been on my list of things to do.

I thought Roger Waters didn't want anything to do with Pink Floyd? Great that he is back. The dark side of the moon and the wizard of oz thing really does work, It's kind of creepy!!!!!! I think I may still have a copy somewhere, my brother figured it out and made a few copys.

I hate to admit this but I have NO idea what you're talking about.....:confused :confused :confused

Holeshot
03-02-2007, 09:09 PM

I saw them when they did Animals at the Stadium for the first time. The second time was at Camp Randall during their Division Bell Tour. It was an awesome show. Lazers bouncing of the drizzling rain made it even better.

I would love to see them One last time.

Firefighter Z
03-02-2007, 09:10 PM
My pops saw Dark Side Of The Moon and Animal at County Stadium also...

If I remember correctly he said that there was a full moon during the Dark Side Of the Moon concert?

Yellow2k1vette
03-02-2007, 09:34 PM
I hate to admit this but I have NO idea what you're talking about.....:confused :confused :confused http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/

I tried this many years ago...the timing is unreal and a pretty cool effect
I still wonder how/who ever discovered the connection. :stare

:haveabeer

PB86MCSS
03-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Yep, it works....and is pretty damn cool/creepy. At least for the first go round of DSOTM along with the movie.

70challenger452
03-03-2007, 10:07 AM
tickets go on sale today, wooohooo

Greg@GLD
03-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Ah yes... Memories. I believe somewhere stashed away, is a piece of pink paper mache, a fallen particle from an exploded pig.

Pass the blotter.

Well you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking...racing around to come up behind you again.
Sun is the same, in a relative way... but you're older.
Shorter of breath... and one day closer to DEATH.

Reverend Cooper
03-03-2007, 11:12 AM
pink whoooo

Car Guy
03-03-2007, 11:17 AM
So I call one minute after the tickets go on sale @ 11am and the ENTIRE front section and half of the second section is already sold out. Doesn't suprise me but it pisses me off...!!!

:fire :fire :fire

70challenger452
03-03-2007, 12:02 PM
wooohooo, section 18, wooohooo, just ordered them

Car Guy
03-03-2007, 12:10 PM
wooohooo, section 18, wooohooo, just ordered them

That's cool, I'm going to see what I can find leading up to the concert. About 5 years ago when the Eagles were here I did the same thing and it turned out great, we sat in the 7th row and I ended up paying face value.....

Feature Pony
03-13-2007, 10:04 AM
I just bought sec 1 row 12 off of e-bay, don't ask me how much I spent, more than I should of but then again this is a 1 time deal!

CannotPost
03-13-2007, 12:14 PM
I saw Roger a few months ago @ Tinley Park IL. The show was awsome, he has a 10 piece band.

Car Guy
03-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I just bought sec 1 row 12 off of e-bay, don't ask me how much I spent, more than I should of but then again this is a 1 time deal!

Come on..........whatcha pay for em'...?:shades :shades :shades

Feature Pony
03-13-2007, 02:47 PM
$380 for the pair that is pretty much what they are going for on e-bay. Granted its about $120 over the retail price with all the fees and taxes, but I might not ever see him again so its worth it.

97z2801ss
03-14-2007, 02:59 AM
my friend paid alot more then over reg ticket price for norah jones seats....

and I just got an original copie of DSOM on Record.... its mint...