PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*

Lash
02-20-2007, 10:02 PM
All the papers are signed....and the inspection is DONE!!! We finally sold our house. It's been a long 3 week process with 1 buyer. All I gotta say is don't sell your house to a spoiled early 20's year old girl who has parents with lots of money that they don't want to spend.

I'll explain tomorrow.....it'll make for a good read.
This has been the single worst experience of my life. You know its bad when HER inspector and realtor are telling you to quit putting up with the bull**** and get out of it. He litterally told her to sign the papers and to get out of his office because this is not a game for her amusement. This was after she threw a hissy fit in his offices lobby like she was 2 years old. We almost lost our 'close to' dream house over this crap. She wanted my wifes candle holders and key hook for christs sake!@!!!

*Sigh*

I'll finally have a good nights sleep.

Korndogg
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
well its a good thing you got it sold though. congrats!

I would buy you a beer but you still wont come out.

Lash
02-20-2007, 10:04 PM
well its a good thing you got it sold though. congrats!

I would buy you a beer but you still wont come out.

You wont believe the whole story. I'll tell you about it at work...lol. Talk about crazy demands.

I'd go out for a beer this friday....but I'll be in the Dells :banana

Korndogg
02-20-2007, 10:05 PM
haha yeah Ill be around there somewhere lol.

Breecher_7
02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Rig that b1tch to blow! ......... I might know someone that could help you....... :thumbsup

Brian98GTP
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Congrats, Luke.

Let me know if you need help moving sh!t........

I'm sure I can find SOMEBODY willing to help you. :alcoholic

Lash
02-21-2007, 06:21 PM
So here's what all happened.

*takes a BIG breath*

Our house was put up for sale for $161,900 in late January. It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo, 1300 SQ feet with 15 foot vaulted ceiling in the living room, kitchen, and dining room...located in Pewaukee.

On Feb. 2...this chick put an offer in. In the offer she wanted $5k off the asking price (no mind you we already priced it to sell quick)...$2k in closing costs, a bunch of my wife's PERSONAL things (candle holders, key hook, pictures hanging on the walls...) . She also wanted us to be moved out 3 days prior to closing so she could have the final walk through then. Where are we supposed to live for 3 days???
We counter offer $1500 off asking price, $1500 in closing costs, and NONE of my wife's things. Long story short we end up knocking $2k off the price and giving her $1500 in closing costs...which was fine by me. We also agreed that we had to be moved out the day before closing. After going back and forth for about 1 week we accepted the offer with an inspection contingency. So...she waits til the last possible day to have the inspection....so that puts us 2 weeks into this already. By this time we've already found a house that we LOVE and get an accepted offer on it contingent on the successful closing of our house. The lady we are buying from started packing her things because she was moving to Arizona. So we come to find out that even before the inspection starts the inspector had called the realtor and told him that he didn't want to do the inspection and wanted nothing to do with this chick because she was crazy. Apparently she had been sending him 15+ e-mails a day with questions. After a little begging from her realtor he says "fine..I'll do it". So....he does the inspection and we get the inspection report. Everything was fine...all minor things (wax ring on toilet and the patio door lock needed to be adjusted). He had listed that the buyer was concerned about "poor windows". He said he inspected the windows and they were fine. Just small water damage marks from where the windows had been left open during a rain storm...but the windows would NOT need to be replaced or repaired. Apparently she had been trying to tell him that there had to be a defect in the windows because our heat bill is so high. We keep our t-stat at 72* ALL DAY LONG (we have a new born baby). We also have a dog that we let out the patio door 20 times a day. Every time we let the dog out....all that cold air rushes in. Anyway...that's besides the point.
The inspector had to reassure her multiple times that the windows were fine.That didn't matter because apparently this girl didn't know that we got the inspection report ourselves because she tried to write her own. She re-worded EVERYTHING the inspector had written trying to make everything sound 10x worse than it really was. She basically tried to demand that we replace the windows.

Anyway...to make this shorter...

She drags this inspection thing out another week. So tried to add all sorts of shit to the deal like us repainting the walls and replacing the windows and a bunch of other little stuff. Shes really starting to push this "replace windows" thing by this time. By this time we've had enough. We contact her inspector ourselves and ask him what the deal was. He knew the exact person we were talking about 3 words into the conversation. He basically told us to cut the strings and tell her to move on. Apparently she had been yelling at him during the inspection because she wanted certain things on the inspection that he refused to put on. She was basically telling him to lie and say the windows needed to be replaced...but whenever said that he wasn't going to lie and that they didn't need to be replaced she would start throwing a shit fit.

We go round and round about this and finally we've had it! HER realtor (who has been calling us telling us how much of a pain in the ass she's been and apologized countless times) tells her to sign the amendment and release the inspection contingency, ot to go f*** herself and sign the neutral release form.
After 3 hours of thinking in his office and throwing a hissy fit in the lobby she signs the amendment ($1800 off the price and I'll fix the small things, $1500 in closing costs) and is basically thrown out of realtor's office.

There's so much more that I've missed...but I'm soo sick of talking about it...lol. I'm just glad that it's over and we got to keep our offer on the house we want.

We were this I <> I far away from needing a lawyer.

Prince Valiant
02-21-2007, 06:31 PM
God I hope I have an easier time selling. I know I was the dream buyer; Gave them the asking price, they paid closing, I only asked for washer/dryer/refridge, and gave them 40 days to close. No hitches on either end.

Lash
02-21-2007, 06:33 PM
God I hope I have an easier time selling. I know I was the dream buyer; Gave them the asking price, they paid closing, I only asked for washer/dryer/refridge, and gave them 40 days to close. No hitches on either end.

Same on ours. Paid asking and asked for $1500 for closing..thats it. I'd rather fix all the little things myself. We even bought a home warranty for this chick. Theres no pleasing spoild kids.

USMARINE1108
02-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Everyone wants the deal of the century, but you have to be real sometimes! This is what it's comming to with all these shows on tv like Flip that House and everything on HGTV.

u_say_go
02-21-2007, 09:55 PM
change your phone number and have it unlisted! you KNOW this crazy b1tch is going to be calling you for the next year complaining about schit.
sorry you had a bad experience with this broad.

theavenger333
02-21-2007, 11:08 PM
oh man, brings bad memories up. when my parents sold our house, this jackarse put an offer of 40k less in, AND wanted our appliances. then he didn't like the oil heat, then this, then that. we sent him an offer of double our asking back the first time, he definatly didn't get what we meant. ended up selling the guy the house for his daughter, had to pull the oil furnace and tank, remove half the nice landscaping project my mom had done, etc. some people are just jerks, flat out. glad you're done with it!

Lash
02-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Turns out it's not really over. This chick is trying to pull out know. This has turned into a nightmare. We'll....now it's time for her to pay up. We have wasted weeks of our time on this. We gave her every opportunity to move on before signing the last piece of paper. It's too late now.

Yooformula
02-22-2007, 04:11 PM
holy sh!t!! does she have any legitimate grounds to break the agreement? I say SUE the b!tch!!

Prince Valiant
02-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I hope she put up good earnest money...

Lash
02-22-2007, 04:19 PM
No legitimate grounds. She already signed the release for the inspection contingency....and the amendment for the now offer contract that we agreed upon. There were no more contingencies left. All we had left to do is close. All of the loan papers and everything were already processed.

Lash
02-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I hope she put up good earnest money...

$1,000.

I feel that we deserve more. We've wasted almost 4 weeks on this passing up who knows how may showings on our house. Not only that but we wasted $400 for the inspection of the house we'll probably lose.

Lash
02-22-2007, 04:23 PM
The wife and I are packing up for the Dells this weekend. I'm taking tomorrow off. We need a break from this shit. This chick has driven us crazy and cause a lot of stress. Maybe she should pay for that too.

Flight_740
02-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Just curious, where was this condo? (city)

Lash
02-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Whats it to ya?

:goof

wikked
02-22-2007, 05:01 PM
better yet... what's this chicks first/last name :D

USMARINE1108
02-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Here we go! :banana1:

SmokinRAM114
02-22-2007, 06:02 PM

hahahaha

your part if her super sweet 16.. this shit belongs on tv!:goof

dumb bitches:chair:

Lash
02-22-2007, 06:08 PM
And it gets even better.

Now she called her realtor and said she wants the offer release back (we haven't signed it yet...we we're gonna sit on it a while just to piss her off). She said she'll go through with buying it now if she can get a contractor out here to get an estimate to have new windows put in. We told her to get bent. So now we'll sit on the release for a while....just so she cant find another place to live until we sign it. :)

Brian98GTP
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Wow.... what a crazy BIIIITCH !!

And BTW.......

:pics

:thumbsup

---------------------

Lash
02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
You dont wanna see any of that...trust me...lol.

She paid us $2,500 to sign the release...and we kept her $1,000 ernest money.

Anybody know somebody who wants to buy a condo in pewaukee? I can knock an extra $3500 off the price of what we were gonna sell it to her for ;) :thumbsup

Korndogg
02-25-2007, 01:00 PM
Id buy it....get Jeff to pay me more. lol

Slow Joe
02-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Wait, so after all this it's back on the market??? That's insane!!!

Lash
02-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Wait, so after all this it's back on the market??? That's insane!!!

:thumbsup lol