PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know the aviation rules?

Flight_740
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Are there different requirements for airplanes that fly in just the USA than those that fly into other countries?

Maybe Mopar Scott knows.

Car Guy
02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Are there different requirements for airplanes that fly in just the USA than those that fly into other countries?

Maybe Mopar Scott knows.

Exactly what requirements are you talking about...? I can ask my brother-in-law, he should know.....

Flight_740
02-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Nothing Exactly. I guess just a vague answer would do.

In regaurds to safety standards, maintenance schedules, equiptment standards, etc......

I guess just any major differences.

It's just one of those things I have always wondered about.

lasttimearound
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
there is a certain certification that an aircraft need to no longer be 'experimental.' until the plane gets that certification the plane is ruled and regulated as an 'experimental' aircraft. in other countries the FAA does no regulate what kind of aircraft flies.

pOrk
02-20-2007, 03:12 PM
You ready go buy a plane and start smuggling drugs? I know a guy in Columbia...

Hah

Flight_740
02-20-2007, 03:15 PM
You ready go buy a plane and start smuggling drugs? I know a guy in Columbia...

Hah

Damn!!!! Busted out!!

I have watched "Blow" one to many times.:rolf

Feature Pony
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Fly and try not to crash is probably the biggest rule.

fly5150
02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
seeing as I think I am the only certified pilot on BCM.... I try and answer this one. As far as I know, the FAA does not have set standards for airlines based in other countries. There are suggestions for the way things should be, but no set rules. Most large airlines of the world do follow similar standards, but the smaller no name airlines usually do not. The same holds true for Private jets, there is no set rules on maintence or safety issues. There is however very basic rules that apply to any airplane used for hire. There are certain items that must work and be inspected regularly or the certification of that airplane will be void until it is fixed. There are also routine inspections that must be done. These are very basic and check sturctural integrity, and operation of the most important thing like landing gear, lights, controls, etc....
Airlines in the US have quite strict rules and standards that must be met. That is why many people turn to the private jet becasue it is more laid back in rules and regulations.

UnderPSI
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Dave your plane is still blocking the barn. I need to get in to use the lift! :D

pOrk
02-21-2007, 01:11 AM
That crazy ****er in west allis built a landing pad on his roof and landed his helicopter on it a few years ago. Awesome

Teufelhunden
02-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm assuming you're asking about safety requirements. The FAA regulates ALL civil aviation in US airspace. If you're flying in the US you fall under FAA regs. http://www.faa.gov/aircraft/

Safety Regulation

We issue and enforce regulations and minimum standards covering manufacturing, operating, and maintaining aircraft. We certify airmen and airports that serve air carriers.

lasttimearound
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM
seeing as I think I am the only certified pilot on BCM.... I try and answer this one. As far as I know, the FAA does not have set standards for airlines based in other countries. There are suggestions for the way things should be, but no set rules. Most large airlines of the world do follow similar standards, but the smaller no name airlines usually do not. The same holds true for Private jets, there is no set rules on maintence or safety issues. There is however very basic rules that apply to any airplane used for hire. There are certain items that must work and be inspected regularly or the certification of that airplane will be void until it is fixed. There are also routine inspections that must be done. These are very basic and check sturctural integrity, and operation of the most important thing like landing gear, lights, controls, etc....
Airlines in the US have quite strict rules and standards that must be met. That is why many people turn to the private jet becasue it is more laid back in rules and regulations.

you're not the only pilot on here

fly5150
02-21-2007, 05:34 PM

:thumbsup

Al
02-21-2007, 11:30 PM

ditto. (RC) :goof

What do each of you fly and what type of licenses do all y'all have?