PDA

View Full Version : Questions on shipping seats?

turbogarrett
02-18-2007, 05:23 PM
I sold my stock seats from my rx7 and need to ship them to nebraska. Any recomendations for shipping companies? I know ups will probably be rediculously expensive and require me to buy $200 worth of cardboard before they will insure it:rolleyes: . Fedex, dhl, or should I try a freight company?
tia-Garrett

lasttimearound
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
id go fedex...and see if you can find someone who works for an airline like midwest to go with you (they get 70%) of shipping at fedex. i send a stock hood from a 2g dsm and it was only 80 bucks with them packaging it

PB86MCSS
02-18-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd also go Fed-Ex. I think they handle packages a bit better, might still have better prices too. I have had bad experiences with UPS and never bother with them anymore. I shipped a set of buckets to CA a few years back. Package them yourself, its easy enough. I forget the price exactly but I think I paid $25 each bucket in shipping plus maybe $10 each for a box & bubblewrap to help pack it.

turbogarrett
02-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok, I will try the fedex off of watertown plank rd tomorrow. I think I will disassemble the seats wrap them in bubble wrap and let them box it up. thanks- Garrett

portponies
02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
The last set of seats I shipped out, I actually took them apart at the pivot points. That way I could lay the 2 sections flat and use a smaller box.

PB86MCSS
02-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Just a heads up the FedEx on Watertown Plank is no longer accepting public customers, I think its still FedEx but only for FedEx in house things, if that makes any sense. I used to go there to ship items as well but 1-2 months ago it changed, IIRC.

Arigmaster
02-19-2007, 04:50 AM
Is there a rush on the shipping?

I have trucks going all over the country but it depends on when & where. I have helped friends with pickups and shipping on several occasions if I have a truck going that way.

PM with details if you are interested.