PDA

View Full Version : 10 Year Anniversary

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2007, 10:12 AM
Got the Heat 10 years ago this week!
A long road its been & its left its oil & rubber just about everywhere inbetween

So far we've done:
Running it yearly except for 1 year at Road America since July of '97. I have video footage of it bieng ontrack with F40, F50 & McLaren F1 Gulf - yes the real one!
Power Tour '97, '98, '04, '05
Popular Hotrodding article 9/03
Autographed by Vic Edelbrock Jr on '05 Power Tour in nashville, TN
TLC's Rides -Power Tour episode, for a few minutes behind Chris Titus' car
Was a commuter from Racine to IL for work for a few months- 130 miles to/from work round trip!
Sat for just over a year between motor projects in pieces from '01 to '02
Wrecked /fixed '05
"WS6 or not" history.
Went through one engagement & one marriage & survived both unscaved:headbang .

I got it with 34K from Holz and now has 145K and the bottom end it just starting to give me a few issues.
The origional owner was in his 70's and his Doc advised him to get rid of it. Was sold to XXX XXX who worked at a local Chevy dealer.
There has only been 1 other driver of that car since having it, and the EX'es are not them.
The car when I first got it ran 14.9 at 96 mph. Now runs a wee bit faster.

At the time when I got it, it was the only WS6/SS that left a dealer with the full SLP WS6 package that was not factory/SLP installed. That caused alot of problems for Holz and me from SLP once they caught word of this car having the parts on it that it did. I was actually asked by SLP to give the car/ parts back! Obviously it stayed in my garage:thumbsup. Because of how & when the car was labled & modded when I bought it, it can be legitimately called a non-aftermarket '93 WS6. It is the ONLY one that can say that.

... and now back to the garage to put the headers back on!

Mssplayboybunie
02-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Your car has been through a lot!! I think I can vouche that one for you lol but what matter's is you still have it and hopefully intend to keep it for years to come, congrads on the 10 year mark!

~Jess

Waver
02-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Shit, has it been 10 years already.....damn, I remember when you first got it......you forgot one thing....waxing that gallardo on the street.....too bad the vid is now missing of that one

UnderPSI
02-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Hey, Congrats! I haven't even had my license for ten years

nismodave
02-18-2007, 10:35 AM
Congrats John.......No more high wire acts for it, right?

Reverend Cooper
02-18-2007, 10:40 AM
wow thats alot of cool history man

1quickgtp
02-18-2007, 10:41 AM
wow, props to you. I dont think ill ever keep a car more than 5. I get bored to fast.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Congrats John.......No more high wire acts for it, right?
Affirmative on that Dave, its been 'grounded'.

I forgot about the Lambo run, does Chris still have that phone with the vids? Took a Gallardo 3 for 3 Fast & F style. All I did was compliment him on his car, next thing you know we're going pretty darn fast!:rolf

Junky Giorgio
02-18-2007, 10:45 AM
WOW! I don't think I could ever keep ONE car that long. Congrats!

Waver
02-18-2007, 10:53 AM
Affirmative on that Dave, its been 'grounded'.

I forgot about the Lambo run, does Chris still have that phone with the vids? Took a Gallardo 3 for 3 Fast & F style. All I did was compliment him on his car, next thing you know we're going pretty darn fast!:rolf

No he dosnt, someone broke into one of the cars he was driving and jacked it.....he was/is pissed about that. Said that vid was one of the best things on that phone. I just loved how that thing would come close to you, the bird would shift, and then you were gone......classic

Flicktitty
02-18-2007, 02:07 PM
damn, that is cool! congrats on the 10years!
Those are some very cool "history" moments.

WilliamZ
02-19-2007, 08:10 AM
You and the car have been though a lot together. Happy Anniversary!

RanJer
02-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Happy anniversary!!! Gettin 'er anything special?

Beagle
02-19-2007, 12:11 PM
you know whats funny john, i would have been ten years old when you bought that car lol. it was a good choice to trade that talon in. happy anniversary!

97z2801ss
02-19-2007, 01:14 PM
congrats john!

Philly-O
02-20-2007, 08:50 AM
i remember when you traded the talon in on it and had all the troubles with the emissions. glad to hear its still going strong. i on the other hand have probably owned 10 cars since then and still have one taken apart.

Neal Steffek
02-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Man I remember the first day you got that thing. For some reason It seems like longer then ten years ago though. I also remmeber the drama form the dealership about it, and how someone got in big trouble or something over your car. I don't remember the details but I remember there was drama.

Heat Seeker WS6
02-21-2007, 06:59 PM
i remember when you traded the talon in on it and had all the troubles with the emissions. glad to hear its still going strong. i on the other hand have probably owned 10 cars since then and still have one taken apart.

yes the car's cat was gutted when I bought it. I thought it was on the smelly side so I ran it through a voluntary emmisions test a few days after getting it and it failed like none other. The DOT then sent me to a muffler shop and once they discovered the cat was empty they were all over Holz's ass. I heard of massive fines coming thier way. Between that and the SLP stuff they had a very, very bad month.