PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Poll.....???

Car Guy
02-16-2007, 02:01 PM

Just wondering where everyone stands on NASCAR. Personally I don't care for it and the fact that it's turning into a big soap opera makes me like it less, but that's me and my opinion.....

:burnout :burnout :burnout

P.S. THIS IS NOT A NASCAR BASHING THREAD BY ANY MEANS...!

:3gears: :3gears: :3gears:

UnderPSI
02-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I don't care to put too much time into watching cars drive in circles. I would much rather blow something up.

Flicktitty
02-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I watch it from time to time depending where they are at or what race it is.

I used to be into it more,but that was before it is a big soap opera.

Poncho
02-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Lost my interest in the late 90's, early 2000's when politics completely took over, and now everyone is in a boring cookie cutter that in no way anymore resembles the real world counterpart. it started in '88/'89 when they put FWD cars in the series, though still built as RWD. At least w/ the old G-Body cars for GM, it was obvious they weren't a big stretch from the production cars. Then Earnhardt Sr. died, and I no longer cared to watch, after those good ol times when Earnhardt and Gordon would try to fend off Wallace, Mayfield, and Martin. Then B. Labonte would occasionally sneak in for a Pontiac win. That being said, I still watch when I remember to. But if theres a race on and it's SCCA v.s. Nascar, I'm goingto watch SCCA, then the cars are modified stockers. I loved the last few years watching GTOs, Mustangs, BMWs, Vettes, RX8, 350Z, etc. to at it on a track.

Flight_740
02-16-2007, 02:22 PM
I voted "I love it it's my life" But it's not my life. I just love watching it.

No nascar stickers, hats, or jackets for me.:rolf

Breecher_7
02-16-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't care to put too much time into watching cars drive in circles. I would much rather blow something up.

Ditto!

97z2801ss
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
I voted "I love it it's my life" But it's not my life. I just love watching it.

No nascar stickers, hats, or jackets for me.:rolf

agreed with you except i got a leather Jr jacket for xmas last year ohh well:headbang

BOSS LX
02-16-2007, 04:08 PM
I watch just the Daytona race. In the past I always wanted a Ford to win, but know anything but a Toyota!

Holeshot
02-16-2007, 05:41 PM
It used to be my life but a lot has changed not only in Nascar but in my life as well. I do try to watch every race but My heart just ain't in to it like it was years back.

DoubleAron
02-16-2007, 06:06 PM
People don't believe me when I tell them I have watched less than 3 minuites of Nascar my whole life. It's the truth.

Car Guy
02-16-2007, 06:12 PM
I must say I am surprised how many people are voting towards the bottom of the list.....

:usa :usa :usa

hotshift13
02-16-2007, 06:28 PM
The drama sucks ass. All the company advertisiment is getting lame too. I may watch the Daytona 500 I may not too. I wish NASCAR was like it was in the 50's, those guys were nuts, racing rental cars in tux's still hung over form a hard night of partying! Now that is racing!!! My dad used to get Stock Car mags and I always read the stories about the old timers, how they'd party, race, play jokes on each other,"bend the rules"! Fireball Roberts was famous for racing in a gorillia suit, with the mask on too......you would NEVER see that today!:eek:

Feature Pony
02-16-2007, 07:26 PM
i like drag racing, but if there is nothing on I'll watch it

Baddriver01
02-16-2007, 07:30 PM

Nice...:rolf

RanJer
02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
love watching it, but i wouldnt say its my life. gotta root for the hometown boy, go #17

Daytonapacecar959
02-16-2007, 08:59 PM
I'll watch the Daytona 500 and the races from Bristol & Richmond,if i'm home i'll watch the races if nothing else is on.Go 17:thumbsup

DirtyMax
02-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I voted the top option but it's more like somewhere #1 and #2.

GRM-REPR
02-17-2007, 10:53 AM
I voted not at all. I tried many years ago to watch it but could'nt find any good reasons to.

Mssplayboybunie
02-17-2007, 11:45 AM
I used to be a big fan back in 03' and 04' but not so much anymore, i'll watch it from time to time.

Lash
02-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't care to watch it but will if there's nothing else on.....

SlowStee
02-17-2007, 06:18 PM
can't stand the circles

Ricky Bobby
02-18-2007, 06:53 AM
im somewere in between 1 and 2 i like it alot better when harvick could get out of his car and go strangle someone and not worry about termination :rolf now its just a big soap opera but i cant not know whats goin on

badass88gt
02-18-2007, 07:25 AM
I cant really stand it. I usually lose interest after about 8 minutes.

Ricky Bobby
02-18-2007, 06:16 PM
harvick ftw

RanJer
02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
screw that finish.

Yooformula
02-18-2007, 06:40 PM
this one definetly had a good finish! I dont care either way once my favorite drivers were knocked out but damm was that a quick race!!

GRAMPS SS
02-18-2007, 06:44 PM
mark martins best...he did one hell of a job driving right to the end......and screw number 2

Reverend Cooper
02-18-2007, 06:46 PM
whaaaaaa hoooooo

Heat Seeker WS6
02-18-2007, 07:11 PM
I have my drivers I'll root for- Dale jr, Stewart and now Montoya but wont make an effort to watch a race unless its Daytona.

0TransAm0
02-19-2007, 10:07 AM
i watch it if im not working and get season tickets to the Mile every year. but its not my life.

RanJer
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
....and screw number 2

AND his dumbass brother in the 5 car. the busch bros suck :flipoff2:

Nix
02-19-2007, 10:17 AM
NASCAR is garbage and boring as fuk, I would rather watch paint dry than watch that garbage. Everyone likes different things, but this is not one of mine. How can you even really call it a sport? That is a legit question by the way.:confused

RanJer
02-19-2007, 10:18 AM
NASCAR is garbage and boring as fuk, I would rather watch paint dry than watch that garbage. Everyone likes different things, but this is not one of mine. How can you even really call it a sport? That is a legit question by the way.:confused

take your car to slinger and run the spectator race. run wide open as best you can the whole time, you just may start to understand

Nix
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM
take your car to slinger and run the spectator race. run wide open as best you can the whole time, you just may start to understand

No thanks, my car isn't built for that and also I'm pretty confident that my insurance wouldn't appreciate it either if I destroyed my car trying to drift.:durr

Also like I said before it was a legit question, do you understand?:)

Flight_740
02-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Well to answer your question, it's a lot more than getting in the car and mashing the gas and turning left. It takes balls and a lot of skill and a high level of understanding what the car is doing and how it will react. I think it's a sport. Not everybody can do this.

Plus, these guys have to wait to piss for over 2 hours!!:rolf

If you know what to watch for and know how things work, it's very intresting to watch. For me it is anyways.

RanJer
02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Well to answer your question, it's a lot more than getting in the car and mashing the gas and turning left. It takes balls and a lot of skill and a high level of understanding what the car is doing and how it will react. I think it's a sport. Not everybody can do this.

If you know what to watch for and know how things work, it's very intresting to watch. For me it is anyways.

That's basically what I was getting at. It takes balls, skill, reaction time, strength and a lot more. Yes any idiot can drive in a circle, but for instance yesterday.. speeds in excess of 185mph with a 25mph wind??? f that. Takes a bunch of skill IMO.

No thanks, my car isn't built for that and also I'm pretty confident that my insurance wouldn't appreciate it either if I destroyed my car trying to drift.:durr

So.. you just admitted that it takes a certain degree of skill that you don't think you can match? And who said anything about drifting? drop your tire pressures and make that thing stick.

Oh.. and that your car isn't made for it? didn't stop me from doing it the summer after I turned 18 in my 87 GT. Lost to a c4 vette though :(

Nix
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM

Exactly why I wouldn't take my car to Slinger and do it cause I don't have that kinda skill/training. I can see why it called a sport to some degree.

But what it all comes down to in "my book" is that NASCAR is boring to me and garbage. But thats why there is a huge variety of "sports" so there is something for everybody. That is just me thought IMO

I know its a ton more than just driving in a circle, as for the not pissing for over 2 hours they need to wear a stadium buddy and then its all good!

Flight_740
02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
It's not for everybody. I can't stand watching basketball.

Nix
02-19-2007, 12:30 PM
It's not for everybody. I can't stand watching basketball.

Me neither Mike, it gets really boring to me also. I guess I get bored easily, thats why I only keep cars for a year or two and then get a new one. Which by the way has sadly come to an end for the time being. It just gets too damn pricey.:(