PDA

View Full Version : Trans question

Jared
02-16-2007, 08:39 AM
I have a 91 Mustang Gt with a automatic trans and I just picked up a 94 Gt with a fresh 5 speed and clutch. The cars pretty much a parts car so I wanna put the 5 speed in my 91 but ive heard from some people it wont fit and from others it will. Anybody know if it will for sure fit or not? Also if anyone needs any parts off a 94 Gt let me know. Thanks to anybody that knows.

Prince Valiant
02-16-2007, 02:27 PM
my guess, since your question hasn't been answered, is that the tranny should fit....you'd still need to get the correct pedal assembly, center console, and other assorted parts from a pre-94 'stang.

Another issue that might not be an issue is shifter location...it might be different for the different body styles.

In any case, the easier and more pure swap would be from a pre-94 stang...but if you've got the skills, virtually anything can be made to work.

Waver
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
my guess, since your question hasn't been answered, is that the tranny should fit....you'd still need to get the correct pedal assembly, center console, and other assorted parts from a pre-94 'stang.

Another issue that might not be an issue is shifter location...it might be different for the different body styles.

In any case, the easier and more pure swap would be from a pre-94 stang...but if you've got the skills, virtually anything can be made to work.

The pedals, clutch cable, speedo cable, clutch, flywheel, computer, and drive shaft would have to be from a pre 94 fox stang.....you can get those from any junk yard that has a fox, except for the computer. The trans its self is your standard t-5, and the only thing you may have to change is the bellhousing, but I doubt that, as it is comming off of a 5.0 motor

portponies
02-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I have a 91 Mustang Gt with a automatic trans and I just picked up a 94 Gt with a fresh 5 speed and clutch. The cars pretty much a parts car so I wanna put the 5 speed in my 91 but ive heard from some people it wont fit and from others it will. Anybody know if it will for sure fit or not? Also if anyone needs any parts off a 94 Gt let me know. Thanks to anybody that knows.

'94 & '95 t5's have a longer input shaft than the Fox body 'stangs. You can use the transmission by swapping the input shaft with one from a Fox body. Just make sure to check end play, and shim accordingly. I can do that for you if you want it done.

I also have a good stack of Fox body bellhousings. I would be willing to trade you for the '94 bell even-up.

PM me if this sounds good to you.

Thanks.
Fritz

Reverend Cooper
02-16-2007, 09:15 PM
frits is the man. he is the only one you should allow to help you with such a swap. he will be refurbishing the diff. in mine soon