PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero anyone?

animal
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Anyone else have it? Like it? Love it? Live it? Hate it? .... Hate me? :goof

Just figured I'd check since I never saw any conversation on it.

:headbang

DirtyMax
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
I saw a buddy playing it a few weeks ago when I stopped over. It looked fun. The songs available kicked ass! :headbang

RanJer
02-15-2007, 01:27 PM
I think it's a blast, can't wait for guitar hero 80s to come out!!

badass88gt
02-15-2007, 01:33 PM
I tried it at Best Buy a couple weeks ago. I mustve looked like a 6 year old trying to play that thing, adn sounded about the same, lol. It would be alot of fun with practice i bet.

Karps TA
02-15-2007, 01:40 PM
I bought it. I completely suck at it at any level other then easy. Adding a 4th button takes motor skills I guess I no longer have. I can't imagine being able to do the 5th one.

I suggest buying a wireless guitar, cause the cord IMO is to short. I also reccommend buying the actual cordless one, not an aftermarket one. The aftermarket one's button as spaced further apart. I didn't realize the difference until I went back to my corded one and noticed the huge difference.

It's no Wii, but still pretty fun. And you look like a complete jackass playing it. lol

RanJer
02-15-2007, 01:45 PM
I bought it. I completely suck at it at any level other then easy. Adding a 4th button takes motor skills I guess I no longer have. I can't imagine being able to do the 5th one.

I suggest buying a wireless guitar, cause the cord IMO is to short. I also reccommend buying the actual cordless one, not an aftermarket one. The aftermarket one's button as spaced further apart. I didn't realize the difference until I went back to my corded one and noticed the huge difference.

It's no Wii, but still pretty fun. And you look like a complete jackass playing it. lol

thats why theres not notch or whatever on the yellow button. it's much easier to play only using 3 fingers and moving. I can play a lot of songs are hard, and i can play 'message in a bottle' on expert and pass.. barely, but pass.

you dont think you look like a jackass playing Wii?? i know i do :rolf i dont own GH but most of my friends do.. all i have is the Wii and they announced a guitar hero version for Wii is very likely to happen this fall or early 08. :headbang

animal
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
Heh, I have all but the last 3 songs on GH2-expert finished. Medium is all 5 stars, hard has a lot of 3 stars and expert is nearly all 3 stars haha. I have lots of work to do. I have yet to do much work on GH1 even though I like the songs better.

I was just reading about some people hacking the program to put in new songs and note charts. It's easy to do if you use songs/notes that people have created, but you do need a PS2 that's modded to take burned games.

Anyways, it's a nightly guitar battle, my lady and I square off on pro-faceoff expert for about an hour before bed hehe. It's a ton more fun when you have people to play against on your level.

As for looking goofy, I get totally into it and start rocking out. I almost knocked the fishtank over last night playing freya :)

I am hindered only by the tether of the cord.

Fav song so far is Sweet child.

animal
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Don't worry man, just practice. I remember starting to use the 5th fret and it is definately overwhelming. Just remember they tend to space out the frets in game for the most part so you're only using 4 at a time, then you basically move all 4 fingers betweeing starting on green and starting on red. There's not many places at all that you have to play the green and orange at the same time.

Also, if the cord is too short you can buy a cord extension for like $5.

Karps TA
02-15-2007, 02:08 PM
My corded guitar is junk anyways. Every once in a while it goes on a streak where it thinks it's unplugged. Drives me nuts cause it happens at the worst time.

Teufelhunden
02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Go wireless animal, its awesome. Makes it easier to flip the guitar behind your head.

animal
02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Go wireless animal, its awesome. Makes it easier to flip the guitar behind your head.

Lol. To say I haven't already done it with my friend's wireless axe would be lying. I already have 2 wired ones though. Granted if one breaks the next will be a wireless flying V :D

I'm real close to having Monkey wrench memorized on expert so I could then just walk around the house while playing haha.

DirtyMax
02-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Now am I right in hearing that this game will not make you a good guitar player in real life?

Just wondering.... :confused

animal
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I agree, being that I am a guitar player also. I think it may teach you related things, like finger coordination, especially with the pinky, perhaps some simple strum patterns, things like that. But certainly not how to play the guitar itself. That involves a lot more. It also means that being a good guitar player doesn't imply that you're good in this game. They are similar but definately different.

badass88gt
02-15-2007, 04:14 PM
I think this is how Coop learned to play guitar...

70challenger452
02-15-2007, 06:00 PM
If you ever walk into best buy and see some dude rockin out with the kicks and the head banging playing guitar hero, It's most likey me, one of my friends have it, I'm all right at it but I do love to play it

70challenger452
02-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I agree, being that I am a guitar player also. I think it may teach you related things, like finger coordination, especially with the pinky, perhaps some simple strum patterns, things like that. But certainly not how to play the guitar itself. That involves a lot more. It also means that being a good guitar player doesn't imply that you're good in this game. They are similar but definately different.

I have friends that can tottally jam on a guitar but suck at guitar hero and vis versa

Feature Pony
02-15-2007, 06:24 PM

I'm pretty much in Karps TA boat with the playing thing.. I'm still on easy.. I hooked animal on the game.. I can't wait for the 80's game to come out!!!

animal
02-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Like I said, if I can get my hands on a modded Ps2 (to play burned games) I found out how you can add all your own songs into the game and burn it on a new DVD. (note charts are done by other people already). That means a hacked version of GH2, with metallica, and other favorites you wouldn't otherwise be able to play!

Karps TA
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
I find I'm much better at the the songs I know real well. So if they had an all 80's hair band game, I'd probably kickass at that.

Feature Pony
02-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Like I said, if I can get my hands on a modded Ps2 (to play burned games) I found out how you can add all your own songs into the game and burn it on a new DVD. (note charts are done by other people already). That means a hacked version of GH2, with metallica, and other favorites you wouldn't otherwise be able to play!

I'm down!!!

Cleveland Dave
02-15-2007, 09:09 PM
im pre-ordered gh2 for my xbox 360 i cant wait!

VroomPshhTsi
02-15-2007, 11:17 PM
im pre-ordered gh2 for my xbox 360 i cant wait!

Word!! The only games I'm buying in the next few months is Forza 2 and GH 2 for the 360.

Beagle
02-16-2007, 02:47 AM
they're good games, but they're even better cause now there's a way you can put whatever song you want on it.

animal
02-16-2007, 07:05 AM
they're good games, but they're even better cause now there's a way you can put whatever song you want on it.

Did you not read my post? :(

Teufelhunden
02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
where can I get these new songs? MY PS2 is hacked...

animal
02-16-2007, 10:17 AM
where can I get these new songs? MY PS2 is hacked...

It's supposedly "idiot proof", but I found a link on a forum here:

It's not anything that's quick to do. Sounds like a lot of ****ing around but if it works, it's worth it.

Link:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3592

Knyghtmare
02-16-2007, 11:25 AM
I would probably be better at it if I had all my fingers on the fret button hand. I think its fun for the most part. Especially under the influence. Heh.

70challenger452
02-16-2007, 11:40 AM
I would probably be better at it if I had all my fingers on the fret button hand. I think its fun for the most part. Especially under the influence. Heh.

DDR is better intoxicated, but GH is still awsome

Beagle
02-16-2007, 01:07 PM
how can you get the note charts? i thought you had to make them yourself. as soon as i get my mod chip i'll try it out but until then i'll settle for the songs already on there. so you can play songs on expert? on the gh2 try playing jordan or six on expert. have fun!

stowsea
02-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Ive been into guitar hero since it came out, but the farthest i can get is hard, there is some crazy shit people can do with it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWUgDkfcTs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI8Q-7S8GqQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTuqW7xAKHY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPu59BqQDo4

Baddriver01
02-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Played it at my brother in laws. Went out the next day and got a PS2 and GH2. I had just sold my ps2 a year ago since I didn't play it. Still the best $200 I ever spent. Can't even play a single song on HARD though. YYZ rocks.

animal
02-18-2007, 12:23 AM
how can you get the note charts? i thought you had to make them yourself. as soon as i get my mod chip i'll try it out but until then i'll settle for the songs already on there. so you can play songs on expert? on the gh2 try playing jordan or six on expert. have fun!

The songs/note charts for the "hack" version are already done by numerous people, everything you'd need is on the link.

When I said I can play expert, I didn't say I am a GH2 god :) Jordan and Six are among the hardest songs in the game. Plus, I'm really not into the new bands on there, merely the songs I already know.

Cleveland Dave
03-30-2007, 09:37 PM
they had the new GH2 for the 360 at best buy already. i played on it for about 45 minutes...haha says its coming out april 4th if i remember right...i cant wait!

stowsea
03-31-2007, 03:27 AM
they had the new GH2 for the 360 at best buy already. i played on it for about 45 minutes...haha says its coming out april 4th if i remember right...i cant wait!

my favorite song on there is "the light that blinds" by shadows fall, its one that you can buy

Beagle
03-31-2007, 03:33 AM
that is a good one i like six. they are both good songs to play

flyin_blue_egg
03-31-2007, 12:33 PM
Heh, I have all but the last 3 songs on GH2-expert finished. Medium is all 5 stars, hard has a lot of 3 stars and expert is nearly all 3 stars haha. I have lots of work to do. I have yet to do much work on GH1 even though I like the songs better.

I was just reading about some people hacking the program to put in new songs and note charts. It's easy to do if you use songs/notes that people have created, but you do need a PS2 that's modded to take burned games.

Anyways, it's a nightly guitar battle, my lady and I square off on pro-faceoff expert for about an hour before bed hehe. It's a ton more fun when you have people to play against on your level.

As for looking goofy, I get totally into it and start rocking out. I almost knocked the fishtank over last night playing freya :)

I am hindered only by the tether of the cord.

Fav song so far is Sweet child.

holy shit....i play the game all the time and the only thing i got all 5's on was easy, i got mostly 3-4's on medium and im not done with it yet......i will agree that the best song is sweet child

purpl72olds
04-01-2007, 10:18 AM
I have been wanting to buy it for a long time and then yesterday me and the gf went to price it out and she ended up buying me a guitar and gh1 for and early birthday present! Its fricken sweet, i would really like to see what its like in the 2 player mode, id imagine its good times!

Poncho
04-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I finally played it last weekend and completely fell in love. best game I've played in ages.

Cleveland Dave
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
well i bought it yesterday for my xbox 360 and am pretty much addicted. my wrist/hand is so sore after playing for about 6 hours today when i should have been sleeping...came home from work at 10am and played until about 430pm...haha

i got through easy and am working on medium now i think im starting to get the hang of it a lil bit but have a far way to go yet.

Poncho
04-06-2007, 12:07 AM
i bought it yesterday too.

now I can't get damn sweet child o mine outta my head.

purpl72olds
04-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Yea wait till you get to hard and they throw in that damn orange key. Im 8 songs into hard and only had it for about a week. Any secrets or ideas on making it easier to play the orange key ?

Cleveland Dave
04-07-2007, 02:12 AM
well from xbox magazine they say to shift ur hand down that it is easier to move ur finger back and forth from red to green then it is to go from blue to orange. ive tried it but i just get all messed up.

i think ill just try and use the practice mode more and slow it down so i can figure out how to do it better.

and im going to do like i did before i went to medium.... i tried to get 4 or 5 stars in all of easy first. so ill work on medium til i get most of them to 4 or 5 before i try hard.

my gamertag is: madisondave00 if u want to compare leaderboards