PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarding Tonight

Breecher_7
02-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Its 2 4 the price of one tonight and every tuesday at alpine valley. Im going with a couple people. Anyone interested?

Car Guy
02-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Its 2 4 the price of one tonight and every tuesday at alpine valley. Im going with a couple people. Anyone interested?

I would be in but I'd be going home in an ambulance (bad balance), now snowtubing (air filled) is more my thing. The way I look at it your already on an airbag so if you crash just hold on and hope you land on it....:headbang :headbang :headbang

Breecher_7
02-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Still looking for more people to go, probably leaving somtime around 4

RanJer
02-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I would be in but I'd be going home in an ambulance (bad balance), now snowtubing (air filled) is more my thing. The way I look at it your already on an airbag so if you crash just hold on and hope you land on it....:headbang :headbang :headbang

hell yes, group outing for tubing? sorry.. im a hijacker lol

Prince Valiant
02-13-2007, 03:00 PM
got to work. dangitall.

Car Guy
02-13-2007, 03:15 PM
hell yes, group outing for tubing? sorry.. im a hijacker lol

That would be great, and why can't I stop starring at your avatar...? :wooo :wooo :wooo

theavenger333
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Tyrol Basin is 10 bucks all day. thats where i was

Korndogg
02-13-2007, 07:16 PM
i really wanna learn how to board

SSDude
02-13-2007, 07:37 PM
Tried the snowboard a couple of times. I thought i was gonna die. I'll stick to my ski's.

Shameless Plug:
If you don't mind the road trip, you can learn to ski or ride(snowboard) for free at Ski Brule in the U.P. https://www.skibrule.com/snowschool.cfm
There learn to program is nice. Just need to make a reservation.
Cheap motel http://www.snowtracks.com/cgi-bin/nav.cgi?target=http%3A//www.lakeshoremotelicelake.com/

Korndogg
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
I go to Pine Mountain up in Iron Mountain, Michigan.

My cabin is there right on the Menomonee river. I love it up there.

SSDude
02-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Nothing like skiing in the U.P.

Korndogg
02-13-2007, 08:33 PM
havent been able to ski up there in years though. Heck, I never get to even go up there anymore. That should change pretty soon though.

hrsp
02-13-2007, 11:04 PM
tubing FTW

theavenger333
02-14-2007, 12:03 AM
i both ski and board, i use Snow Blades though. i haven't hit the UP yet, we've got that trip planned for early march, but Granite Peak (rib mountain) in wausau is a quality place

Breecher_7
02-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Well considering im used to the mountains, I had a good time last night. Snow was perfect and there wernt to many idiots there. Id have to say for how short of a drive it is, its well worth it. Definitly go next week again.

Cryptic
02-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Nothing like skiing in the U.P.

Ummm... Have you been to the Rockies?

Crawlin
02-14-2007, 11:14 AM
sorry gotta agree with andy on that one.....

Been to Vail, Breck, Keystone, etc...

nothing like it. Closest was Mammoth out in CA, and that still beats the UP any day of the week :)

jbiscuit
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Jackson Hole FTW.

/thread

Prince Valiant
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm a big Snowmass/Aspen guy...Vail might be the largest single resort, Utah might have the best snow, and other places might have the best terrain. But to ski and lodge for free, nothing beats snowmass/aspen for me.

Crawlin
02-14-2007, 03:09 PM
i did aspen in jan '05, that was awesome.

vail was too crowded for my taste, even when in the back bowl area

i HATE the flat tracks since i'm a snowboarder and to get to some of the lifts, you have to follow those paths, pain in the ass

Breecher_7
02-14-2007, 03:30 PM
sorry gotta agree with andy on that one.....

Been to Vail, Breck, Keystone, etc...

nothing like it. Closest was Mammoth out in CA, and that still beats the UP any day of the week :)

Yeah, Indianhead and Powderhorn have nothing on any of those, the UP is decent for whats around here and driveable. I honestly prefer Big Bear, CA, I like it better then Mammoth and Tahoe. Aspen and Veil are to damn crowded for my taste as well, not to mention way overpriced.

Prince Valiant
02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
As part of his job, my uncle ski's around the world (he's the mountain manager @ snowmass) to get a feel for what people are doing, and to consult for others how to improve their operations.

His opinion that the best skiing in the midwest in Lutsen, followed by bohimia up in the UP. They've got the snow and pretty decent terrain, even "okay" by rocky mountain standards.

Out east, he likes a lot of the mountains with decent terrain...just most times the snow sucks.

He's helped with granite peaks, and I agree that while it's large, it's kind of a fatal flaw that many of the runs, even the toughest flatten out to very very very easy greens...and what I don't like is that even toward their tougher runs, the lifts are set to run SO slow. Takes like 15 minutes to get to the top it seems!

SSDude
02-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Ummm... Have you been to the Rockies?

I understand your point as i should have stated "within reasonable driving distance there's nothing like skiing in the U.P."

Never had the opportunity to ski out west. :thumbsup

RanJer
02-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Whitnall Park has a toboggan run all opened up.. and they have a hill for tubing/sledding.