PDA

View Full Version : What a start to the year

73Dustr
02-08-2007, 10:10 PM
So, I just felt the urge to vent a little bit. I'm sure a lot of you heard about that 4 alarm fire at the storage locker on 84th street Monday night. Well my family has been remodeling around the house for the past 6 months or so. For extra room, we rented out a unit there. Yep, our unit was part of the fire. We were told by the management that our unit has "extensive fire, water, and smoke damage." We still have not been able to get in there and see how bad the damage really is because they were waiting for a structural engineer to make sure the building was sound. Apparantly the arson task force has been in there investigating as well. That blows. Insurance is going to take care of things, but we had a ton of family items from my grandparents' estate. That's the type of stuff you can't put a monetary value on.

hrsp
02-08-2007, 10:22 PM
that really sucks man...hope some of the stuff is salvageable.

Flicktitty
02-08-2007, 10:28 PM
thats too bad, hopefully you can get some of your stuff still :(

jbiscuit
02-09-2007, 07:41 AM
wow, sorry to hear about that man. That really sucks. I feel for you guys.

J

73Dustr
02-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks guys. I probably feel more for my mom as a lot stuff in there meant a lot to her. Hopefully we'll get in there this afternoon and see just how bad things are. They said last night on the news it was arson. Hopefully they'll find who started it. I think they also said it was over $100,000 in damages and that's not even including the personal property that was damaged or destroyed.