PDA

View Full Version : GTP guys...

hrsp
02-08-2007, 02:40 PM
just wondering how many miles you guys got on your cars and how well there holding up... may be looking at a 98 with 150k... all i've heard is the tranny is weak in em...any other input is appreciated

Mr. Brett
02-08-2007, 03:07 PM
As long as it hasn't been beat on, it's probably ok. The tranny's only go out once you start modding the car. In stock form, it's plenty reliable. Any more details about the car?

Poncho
02-08-2007, 03:23 PM
hard to find a GTP that hasn't been beat em, but like andy says (it's andy right? i can't remember) they are quite reliable and move surprizingly well. even if i had a stock one again, i'd just gut the air box to hear that blower whine. it's addictive.

wheelsofsteel
02-08-2007, 03:58 PM
137,000 mile on mine currently. I put the small"er" pulley on at like 50,000 miles and that is all I did.
The only thing wrong with mine is that the radio controls in the steering wheel are going haywire. When you make a left turn the radio station changes. Also the shift release sensor went so in order to take it out of park you must hit the override button on the side of the shifter console.
That is it really.

Nix
02-08-2007, 04:28 PM
137,000 mile on mine currently. I put the small"er" pulley on at like 50,000 miles and that is all I did.
The only thing wrong with mine is that the radio controls in the steering wheel are going haywire. When you make a left turn the radio station changes. Also the shift release sensor went so in order to take it out of park you must hit the override button on the side of the shifter console.
That is it really.

You put a 3.4 pulley on it? Any problems in the warmer weather? In another thread I posted a while back I was told that I could potentially run into major problems if I had the 3.4 pulley on mine in warmer weather and then other told me the car would be fine as long as I didn't touch anything else. Which I'm not and don't plan on, thats why I have my toy and the GP is my daily driver.

wheelsofsteel
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I personally never experienced any problems after I installed the pulley. I drive it everyday and obviously put a ton of miles on per year. The pulley is truly the ONLY thing I did as far as an upgrade/mod. It don't even have a K&N.

theavenger333
02-08-2007, 06:03 PM
the cars are all different. some you can run a 3 inch pulley and it runs fine, some not. it all depends on the car, how the stars were aligned, how much the assembly plant worker had to drink, the humidity, etc etc. very touchy cars. as for the original question, have the trans checked. if it shifts strong, you're probably ok.