PDA

View Full Version : Pypes Violator Mufflers?

GRM-REPR
02-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Anyone happen to know someone with a set of these? :confused I checked their website and the sound clips suck (like usual). If I understand correctly, its supposed to be a flowmasterish (chambered) sound, with a straight through design. Sounds pretty interesting, they sell for as much as a flowmaster too.

Any info would be appreciated, these sound interesting. Pypes mufflers outflow flowmasters supposedly, but I like the sound of a 40 series, just looking for something different. Got burned on Ultra-Flo Weldeds on my (ex) Mustang...:durr

Cryptic
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
then why not just buy flowmaster 40 series if thats what you like :confused

GRM-REPR
02-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Because I'd like something a bit different that outflows a 40 series, that still has a chambered sound.

Lash
02-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I have the pypes pro-v system on my mustang. It sounds pretty nice outside the car but it's resonates pretty bad in the car. IMO they sound more raspy than delta flow 40's.

The fit of the whole system was perfect though. Did the whole system plus a BBK h-pipe in my garage off of jackstands in about 3-4 hours.

I dont know if I got rid of my cars soundclips or not. I'll check.

Lash
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
All I have is an Idle clip taken with my digital camera so it sucks ass....lol. Sounds better in person.

http://media.putfile.com/exhaust2-11-64

2SLOW
02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
what u want it to sound like this? lol

http://videos.streetfire.net/toprated/0/8d820099-d73f-4018-9023-985f014a00e4.htm

GRM-REPR
02-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Lash, I've been told people like their Pro's, the clip doesn't sound too bad for a phone lol.

Spoole, that guy is nucking futz for doing that on a country road! lol....crazy loud tho...so no, not THAT loud.hahahahaha

I just dont want to play the muffler game on my Firebird, I have MAC Flowpaths on there that I used to have on my 5.0 (sold) and they sound wicked. But I want to pick up an X-pipe and new pipes for the car this summer. So I was thinking going all new. Problem is, when it comes to the exhaust tone, I'm picky as hell. These Violators sound like they would be kick ass, however, I dont want to get them without hearing them.

If I must, I'll go with Flow 40's, cant go wrong with them! Thanks for the posts..

Lash
02-08-2007, 07:53 PM
I would probably stick with the MAC's.
See what it sounds like when you get an X pipe first.

GRM-REPR
02-09-2007, 09:40 AM
The MAC's have been on two cars now, thats why I figure just going all new exhaust. Might as well get what I know will sound good....good ol' 40 series.