PDA

View Full Version : Couple ?'s

mike90lxII
02-08-2007, 09:39 AM
My car seems to rev kinda slow.
I have a explorer gt40 manifold with a f-cam.. Should I get a different manfold.. Which manifold would you guys recommend?
Also I still have the clutch fan, would getting rid of it and putting on underdrive pulleys help some?

Thanks, in advance...

88Nightmare
02-08-2007, 09:58 AM
ditch the clutch fan, go to electric fan. Flex-a-lite's black magic fan is really nice on the mustangs. I had one on my fox. Underdrive pulleys are also a cheap investment for a couple of ponies. Also maybe an aluminum driveshaft. I don't know if that will have a lot of gains, but it definitely will reduce the rotating mass. If your car has it, try ditching the air conditioning and smog pump too.

Nix
02-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Whats a clutch fan? lol Man ditch the clutch fan, very inefficent. Go dual electric or one big huge electric and hardwire it so you have a switch and place it on your dash so you can turn it on and off as necessary. :thumbsup

88Nightmare
02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
the black magic fan has a built in thermostat that you can adjust to turn automatically incase you pull a deedeedee and forget to turn on the fan like I did many times. The black magic fan is nice, it moves a BUTTLOAD of air, and its a complete package for about $250. Not only that, its rebuildable. I had mine wired in to automatically turn on at a specific temp, but I also had mine manually controllable with a switch, however if my engine hit a certain temp, it would automatically override the switch and turn it on to save my ass from destruction :D

mike90lxII
02-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I ahve an aluminum driveshaft already.. but yeah the fan is 86'd this weekend....

88Nightmare
02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
dude i cant recommend that black magic fan enough. great fan. you can find em on ebay or used.

mike90lxII
02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I can't decide on wich manifold because I have never used either of the manifolds I am thinking about.

Trickflow track heat or RPM II I do have the ede heads?

88Nightmare
02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
the track heat is a nice intake. pair it up with the right heads and cam and you got a mini beast.