PDA

View Full Version : ebay fraud?

88Nightmare
02-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I purchased an item off ebay, with shipping it cost 198 bucks. He has already received my payment. I asked him for my FedEx tracking number, and he won't give it to me. All he keeps saying is "This is your info. It can be tracked tomorrow.
7559 S QUINCY AVE OAK CREEK WI 53154 US 61020921000 "

WTF is that? that is not a tracking number. I can't enter any of that info anywhere on Fedex's site and have it make sense. WTF do I do?

88Nightmare
02-06-2007, 11:32 PM
oh yeah Ive asked him 4 times now for a tracking number, and he just keeps sending me the identical response in an email. I really don't know what to do. I'd just let it go and hope the package gets here, but thats $200 bucks im out if he doesnt actually send the package.

pOrk
02-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Check the USPS website, that looks like a confirmation number

Edit: N/m its not, whats his feedback look like?

Yooformula
02-06-2007, 11:48 PM
did you pay with paypal? if so I would file for a refund this way they are on his ass to provide real info.

Korndogg
02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
dude you bought it last night. He probably didnt even get a tracking number yet. And If he did he doesnt know wtf it looks like. So I wouldnt worry about it. Give him a couple days at least.

theavenger333
02-06-2007, 11:57 PM
besides, its an auto-response email. for probably 2 years now, most companies have an autoresponder, because they're hooked up to the shipping company. the tracking number isn't available in the system for 24-48 hours. RELAX. not trying to gang up on you, but honestly, if you're this worried about buying on ebay, and don't understand how it works, you shouldn't be using it. it tells you straight up on their site in the FAQs how tracking numbers work, how some sellers work, etc.

Yooformula
02-07-2007, 12:01 AM
whoopps. I didnt realize you had just paid. I second that wait note, I dont even read the 1st email their autoservice sends out.

88Nightmare
02-07-2007, 09:00 AM
This is an email the guy keeps sending from his own personal email account. His reputation is like 99%. I understand how ebay works, I've used it plenty, but never encountered a situation like this. Even people I bought from that had over 200,000 feedbacks left from their extremely large ebay business, I always had perfect contact with them. If the item had been shipped as this guy says, there would be a tracking number on a Fedex receipt. Maybe I'm just paranoid, I just don't wanna be ripped off for $200 bucks.

2SLOW
02-07-2007, 09:47 AM
This is an email the guy keeps sending from his own personal email account. His reputation is like 99%. I understand how ebay works, I've used it plenty, but never encountered a situation like this. Even people I bought from that had over 200,000 feedbacks left from their extremely large ebay business, I always had perfect contact with them. If the item had been shipped as this guy says, there would be a tracking number on a Fedex receipt. Maybe I'm just paranoid, I just don't wanna be ripped off for $200 bucks.

Yes when i purchased from huge company's i got a e-mail a day later saying thanks and here is your ups tracking # click here. idk wait a few days i hop u get the product, at least ur not out$500!! like i am.

88Nightmare
02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
yea 500 would suck even more, sorry to hear about your loss. Why is it always a few dipshits that ruin ebay for the rest of us? Ebay could be a very nice tool if used correctly and legitimately.

wikked
02-07-2007, 10:30 AM
maybe he's foreign and has no idea what you're asking, and is taking a wild stab at what you want to know :goof

88Nightmare
02-07-2007, 01:26 PM
i specifically told him FEDEX gives you a tracking number on your receipt. On the receipt it will say "Tracking Number: xcdsk3w9-09jskjslk"
or whatever the tracking number is. looks just like that. I have shipped FEDEX many a times. This guy seems to speak, or type english just fine. Plus his name is Dan.

wikked
02-07-2007, 02:06 PM
i specifically told him FEDEX gives you a tracking number on your receipt. On the receipt it will say "Tracking Number: xcdsk3w9-09jskjslk"
or whatever the tracking number is. looks just like that. I have shipped FEDEX many a times. This guy seems to speak, or type english just fine. Plus his name is Dan.

It's short for Danjahoowabeekizmasheikh :goof

Yea, just wait the 24-48hrs to see if he comes through =P
Since he replies with his personal account, did you try the "contact member" link in eBay? Sometimes people use two different addresses, maybe that one won't have an auto-reply.

88Nightmare
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I tried both. First I started emailing him from ebay, then I got ahold of his personal comcast account, he just keeps sending me the same response.

88Nightmare
02-07-2007, 10:27 PM
well, after sending this guy an email saying im gettin pissed off, he apologized for my inconvenience and sent me the correct tracking number :D