PDA

View Full Version : Pros vs Joes this thursday!! Roy Jones

Yooformula
02-04-2007, 10:36 PM
:stare Should be really good. Looks like RJJ gets violent on some joes!!

VroomPshhTsi
02-04-2007, 10:58 PM
he better because he sure hasn't gotten violent on any real boxers in a while :rolf

Yooformula
02-04-2007, 11:05 PM
he better because he sure hasn't gotten violent on any real boxers in a while :rolf

ahahahahahahahahha. I dont follow boxing at all but some of the vid clips looked like they got hit pretty good.

VroomPshhTsi
02-04-2007, 11:13 PM
he was a great fighter and all, but is past his prime

i'll try to catch it on thursday, any links for the clips?

hrsp
02-04-2007, 11:52 PM
wouldnt want to "spar" with him...even if he's old and past his prime.....

Lash
02-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Yeah...it looks like it's gonna be pretty good...lol.

Brian98GTP
02-05-2007, 07:25 PM
I loved watching RJJ... He was cocky when he fought, but he could back it up.
Watching the KO's he delivered was just F-in amazing. http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bowhs.gif

Brian98GTP
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8qHnvBo9U

VroomPshhTsi
02-06-2007, 02:08 AM
like i said, he was a great fighter but besides his last fight he's had a rocky ending to his career (still looking for a fight and reportedly still wants to fight hopkins even though hopkins is retired*)... he still has to prove he's back to what he was, against average joe's it won't be hard :)

*a term thrown around in boxing these days to get bigger ratings for your fights

Flicktitty
02-06-2007, 02:09 AM
Nice!
what time is this on again?

VroomPshhTsi
02-06-2007, 02:20 AM
He was cocky when he fought, but he could back it up.

You almost have to cocky these days in boxing just to get the attention from the media for a bigger fight. Boxers like Sugar Shane Mosley are examples of how you don't have to be cocky in the sport to be great.

Good example of cockiness = Floyd Mayweather Jr. (for the most part)
Bad example = James Toney

In that vid during the 3 minute mark, the boxer with the red shorts, I love watching that guy box. Obviously this wasn't a good fight for him but he's one of my favs to watch (not sure what his name is though), even after getting knocked down three times and the abuse he took from roy jones he still didn't want to stop.