PDA

View Full Version : Finally I am building a PC

BigSnailBuick
02-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Well the time finally came I decided to build a decent PC. Im well involved with halo 2 and go to alot of MLG's and record alot of my gameplay and the laptop is no longer cutting it. I need a comp that can capture the video clear and clean and not lag and freeze when i edit. I decided to build a decent pc for around 800 bucks. This is what I came up with and ordered, I figured it was a decent setup to start with and left alot of room to upgrade in the future. Plus if you have good credit and build a pc over 500 Newegg.com will give you credit and not make you pay for 6 months. Sweet deal for anyone who needs new stuff. Ill post pics on wednesday or thursday when im done building it : )

-RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WBP Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply

-AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3700CFBOX -

-Western Digital Raptor WD360ADFD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

-DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

-LITE-ON 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with 12X DVD-RAM write and LightScribe Technology Black E-IDE/ATAPI Model LH-20A1H-185

-BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI

-OCZ Performance Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model

hrsp
02-03-2007, 11:34 PM
confused..but sounds cool...lol

1quickgtp
02-05-2007, 12:06 AM
personally, core 2 duo will run circles around that AMD processor

not to bash it or you, but its a peice of shit.

theavenger333
02-05-2007, 11:14 AM
it also costs double.........

BigSnailBuick
02-05-2007, 01:33 PM
The reason I went with the amd is my buddy has had real good luck with it. It overclocks really well and still runs hella stable. Alot of the stuff I went with is a tad out of date but most of the parts I got were on sale so I got alot of it for a really good deal. This summer I plan to upgrade alot so im not too worried about it:)

Cryptic
02-05-2007, 01:47 PM
I have the AMD Dual Core 3800+ 64 bit (for like a year now). It's plenty of power for me. Stable... rarely even reboot.

It's really not fair to compare a CPU that was recently released, not to mention half the price...

Duo Cores do rock though... But Intel had them, AMD was #1.
Its the cat and mouse game they play.

GTSLOW
02-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Sounds like a nice rig! I say go for it.

I would opt for a single 1gb stick or a 2x1gb kit if you can afford a lil more. Also take a look at some of the EVGA cards. They have byfar the best customer service and replacement plan. Plus a trade in program.

1quickgtp
02-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I could build a core 2 duo rig for anyone, for super cheap ( cheap than that amd one that he just built ) an it be cheaper and run circles....

but I guess that just me, im a fan of intel VS AMd, can you tell

sorry if you take taht being rude, asshole or whatever

oh well

SlowStee
02-06-2007, 12:11 AM
so uh...who wants to build me a PC?!?? :D

wikked
02-06-2007, 09:08 AM
-BFG Tech BFGR78256GTOC GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI

All that...and a PCI card :confused
Don't they make that in PCI-E ?

JR HAWK 9
02-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I just built a few AMD X2 systems for a few people.....turned out great! I agree though, from what I have been reading the new Intel Core 2 Duo's are beating up on the AMD X2's. I have been building AMD systems for 10 years now without a problem. Although I may be building an Intel system shortly, thanks to the Core 2 Duo

JR HAWK 9
02-06-2007, 09:45 AM
so uh...who wants to build me a PC?!?? :D

PM me if you are actually serious...lol

GTSLOW
02-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Also I would recomend saving a few more pennies and getting the 74gb Raptor w/ the 16mb cach. I have that same 36gb now and I thought I wouldn't have a problem, but games nowdays are several gigs and it fills fast!

PureSound15
02-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I could build a core 2 duo rig for anyone, for super cheap ( cheap than that amd one that he just built ) an it be cheaper and run circles....

I have the Core 2 Duo with 3 gigs of Ram and it runs Vista like a champ!

BigSnailBuick
02-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I have seen a few pics on here of peoples custom pc setups. We should start a thread up and show off some cool pc stuff, here is a pic of a custom pc I saw on a site that i ordered a few fans from, I think it turned out sick:headbang
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/pc1.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/pc2.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/Dsmprince/pc3.jpg

rally_scort
02-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I have seen a few pics on here of peoples custom pc setups. We should start a thread up and show off some cool pc stuff, here is a pic of a custom pc I saw on a site that i ordered a few fans from, I think it turned out sick:headbang

jesus...im waiting to see intercooler piping and methanol injection..didnt know computers could look like that :wooo :wooo

1quickgtp
02-06-2007, 01:40 PM

pointless lcd sceen in the case, watercooling hoses are to big, alumi vs copper block, dust will get on that hard drive disk..I can keep going

cool none the less, but not practical by ANY means!

as I stated before in other threads, I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!! to help out!!!

JR HAWK 9
02-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!!

just out of curiosity, would there be a big difference in price between two -identical- systems, one built by you at MPC for cost of parts and one built by me from parts from Newegg?

BigSnailBuick
02-06-2007, 01:50 PM
pointless lcd sceen in the case, watercooling hoses are to big, alumi vs copper block, dust will get on that hard drive disk..I can keep going

cool none the less, but not practical by ANY means!

as I stated before in other threads, I work at milwaukee pc, im cutting deals for ppl on BCM, which means im building an selling systems and parts AT COST!!! to help out!!!

True true...but still cool...anywho what water cooling kit would you go with??

GTSLOW
02-06-2007, 01:55 PM
just out of curiosity, would there be a big difference in price between two -identical- systems, one built by you at MPC for cost of parts and one built by me from parts from Newegg?

:)

theavenger333
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
it would be close probably. Scott's parts are at list, IE 55 dollar power supply cost me 22 bucks.

1quickgtp
02-06-2007, 08:38 PM

I can get SUPER SUPER close to newegg, I just save you shipping, reason being, is that newegg has NO overhead whats so ever, they buy in bulk and make 2% off each thing!

like avenger said, I gave him a 59.99 power supply for 22 haha

GTSLOW
02-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I can get SUPER SUPER close to newegg, I just save you shipping, reason being, is that newegg has NO overhead whats so ever, they buy in bulk and make 2% off each thing!

like avenger said, I gave him a 59.99 power supply for 22 haha

Price on a 74gb Raptor w/ 16mb cache please. :)

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Price on a 74gb Raptor w/ 16mb cache please. :)

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 09:22 AM

they are $145.93 shipped on Newegg after a $20 MIR

Knyghtmare
02-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Western Digital has had a very high failure rate lately. I think your a brave man.

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 09:29 AM
WD has always been the most returned brand of HDD as far as I know.

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 10:06 AM
they are $145.93 shipped on Newegg after a $20 MIR

sorry im all out of cookies for you!

you HAVE to remember, they have NO overhead!!!! they make 2% off each item of there cost. thats with a MIR which takes forever ( I would know ) and you pay shipping. you have to wait for it to be shipped and best of all, have fun doing returns, RMA if a problem were to arise :rolf :rolf :rolf ESP with a raptor ( high failure rate )

but if you guys want parts, get it from newegg, I dont care , cause I dont make money off things I sell to bcm members anyways

that being said, if you want parts im here, if you want to goto newegg, more power to you!!!

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 10:16 AM
whoa nelly!! settle down..... lol

I was just pointing it out for comparison's sake...you know caveat emptor :)

As far as RMA, only had to do it 2 or 3 times in the 10 years buying at Newegg and every time it was painless. Newegg is known for EXCELLENT customer service. They even refunded my original shipping charges the last time. I have probably bought upwards of $15-20,000 worth of parts from them over the years.

It really shouldn't be a big deal to ya if people get parts someplace else if you aren't making anything off of it.

Remember though too, no taxes when buying online out of state :p

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 10:22 AM
whoa nelly!! settle down..... lol

I was just pointing it out for comparison's sake...you know caveat emptor :)

As far as RMA, only had to do it 2 or 3 times in the 10 years buying at Newegg and every time it was painless. Newegg is known for EXCELLENT customer service. They even refunded my original shipping charges the last time. I have probably bought upwards of $15-20,000 worth of parts from them over the years.

It really shouldn't be a big deal to ya if people get parts someplace else if you aren't making anything off of it.

Remember though too, no taxes when buying online out of state :p

thats right, my prices I put on here are WITH taxes ;)

an its not a big deal, I just love when ppl are nut swingers of newegg :)

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 10:29 AM
naw, just a nutswinger of who can get me the best prices and customer service, something that retail stores usually are not very good at. I sometimes shop at zipzoomfly.com as well, as they have free shipping on most of their stuff, but their prices are a little more than Newegg's. I just shop around to get the best bottom line price I can. Besides, I am not a people person and the less contact I have with a person the better I am ;)

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
naw, just a nutswinger of who can get me the best prices and customer service, something that retail stores usually are not very good at. I sometimes shop at zipzoomfly.com as well, as they have free shipping on most of their stuff, but their prices are a little more than Newegg's. I just shop around to get the best bottom line price I can. Besides, I am not a people person and the less contact I have with a person the better I am ;)

zipzoomfly is going out of business if you did not know. also you answered your own thing there, zipzoomfly is more expensive than newegg cause they bring up the price to cover "free" shipping

as for newegg, its not that great for customer service trust me!

theres A LOT of things that I can beat there prices on :)

Rodnie
02-07-2007, 10:37 AM
zipzoomfly is going out of business if you did not know. also you answered your own thing there, zipzoomfly is more expensive than newegg cause they bring up the price to cover "free" shipping

theres A LOT of things that I can beat there prices on :)

Who cares what company it is? I support the lowest price of the product I am looking for-if you have the lowest price, that's where I go-if not, I go elsewhere. Pretty simple concept. :D

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 10:39 AM
zipzoomfly is going out of business if you did not know.

nope, did not know that....haven't been on their site in awhile. thanks for the heads up though :)

also you answered your own thing there, zipzoomfly is more expensive than newegg cause they bring up the price to cover "free" shipping

that's what I was getting at....lol

I have -never- had an issue with them, if I consistently did then I wouldn't be shopping there and would find another place. I just have had great success with them and that's why I continue to go back and will do so until they prove otherwise. :D

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 10:56 AM
I would also like to say that I have shopped at MPC before and don't have any issues with them. They are a great place with great customer service, just that I prefer to save money by buying my stuff online compared to retail stores.

BigSnailBuick
02-07-2007, 11:27 AM
All that...and a PCI card :confused
Don't they make that in PCI-E ?

It is pci-e...I just wrote it wrong :goof

BigSnailBuick
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
sorry im all out of cookies for you!

you HAVE to remember, they have NO overhead!!!! they make 2% off each item of there cost. thats with a MIR which takes forever ( I would know ) and you pay shipping. you have to wait for it to be shipped and best of all, have fun doing returns, RMA if a problem were to arise :rolf :rolf :rolf ESP with a raptor ( high failure rate )

but if you guys want parts, get it from newegg, I dont care , cause I dont make money off things I sell to bcm members anyways

that being said, if you want parts im here, if you want to goto newegg, more power to you!!!
Yeah the mail in rebates....umm my buddy who builds pcs from newegg doesnt even mail them in anymore..no lie it takes a year to get money back...thats if they ever even send it to you..:flipoff2:

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah the mail in rebates....umm my buddy who builds pcs from newegg doesnt even mail them in anymore..no lie it takes a year to get money back...thats if they ever even send it to you..:flipoff2:

my point exactly so that comes up to 169 shipped haha, my price wins!:rolf :rolf :rolf

BigSnailBuick
02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
BTW I just got all my parts in the mail 2 mins ago and guess what i got everything except for the case and power source....figures. Its like getting a new trick bike with no wheels..i am very sad :goof

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
BTW I just got all my parts in the mail 2 mins ago and guess what i got everything except for the case and power source....figures. Its like getting a new trick bike with no wheels..i am very sad :goof

OWNED

JR HAWK 9
02-07-2007, 12:20 PM

sucks for him for sure :confused

again, I've never had any issues....

1quickgtp
02-07-2007, 12:33 PM

it a very well known problem with newegg

GTSLOW
02-07-2007, 05:06 PM

It has happened to me many times. I'll get one thing or another then something else a few days later. :(

Ah well I'm also a hardcore newegger :D