PDA

View Full Version : Mopar Nuts I need some VIN # help

awsomeears
02-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Me and my buddy just picked up a 70 Roadrunner from rinelander. 134K on the clock. Car has been sitting for a bunch of years but started a few times each year. So we pulled it off the stands that were on the side of his house and draged it out of the SNOW !!!!!!!! :stare

Pull it into his garage and blast a Torpedo heater on it for awhile and drained the oil, put new shit in and dumped some gas down the carb and sure as shit the ****er started up :stare

Once warmed up it idled pretty dam good :stare

This was by far one of the coolest things I've done in along time. The 383 sounds really healthy.

Originally from Hawaii, this car was shipped there in the 70's when new.

There is a rare option on this car I believe, no HEAT no controls no heater core :stare

I have two guesses

1. Thats how they did it back then if the car was being shipped to a 24/7 256 warm climate area.

2. Could have been a Factory Race car option.

Here is the Vin # RM23N0E129988

I just got home so this is the 1st place im asking any questions, ill start googling it later :D

If anyone can explain each Digit to me that would be great :thumbsup

Condition of the car is pretty good, the body is not perfect in anyway but ive seen worse, edges of the doors are a bit rotted and the front right fender took a hit when it was on Base in Hawaii years ago.

But the best part about this car is that the Motor/trans is great, and the FRAME IS LIKE NEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a dust of rust color on it, its unreal how clean it is :thumbsup

For those that are mopar fans is there anything that is common and not common on these that I could look for ? tach no tach, clock no clock. SHit like that.

This is not my car BTW I just helped get it out and wrench on it for a few min's.

Moparjim
02-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Its a 383 Road Runner.

RM = Road Runner (Medium trim Belvedere/Satellite)
23 = 2 door hardtop
N = 383 4 barrel

"Normal" cars could be had with heater delete and radio delete, it would be an unusual option but since it was sold in Hawaii that would be a logical explanation. I would think it might be worth a little bit more than a comparable 383 'runner just because its an unusual option, but not anything super rare or valuable.

Moparjim
02-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Just saw your last question - neat desirable options are things like:

Air Grabber hood
Factory Tach
Floor shift /console (70s could be column blarg) if auto or
Pistol grip 4 speed
Sure grip rear end (70s could be open diff I think)

If it has the fender tag post all the codes (all the sets of single letter and 2 numbers) and I can decode all the options for ya, better yet remove the rear seat and look for broadcast sheet - could also be taped to the back or top of glovebox or other wierd places, but typically under rear seat.

awsomeears
02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Probably tomorrow he will be taking out the seats and seeing if anything is under them.

Thanks for the info Jim.

About the last 6 # 129988 to these mean anything ?

I looked em' up online but nothing came up, what you told me did come up so you are correct :-)

Teufelhunden
02-03-2007, 06:58 PM
About the last 6 # 129988 to these mean anything ?

Sequence number: 29,988th car off the line

Teufelhunden
02-03-2007, 07:00 PM
E = Los Angles, CA, USA

Arigmaster
02-04-2007, 08:59 AM
This should help you out....

http://www.mymopar.com/tools.htm

Good luck!

AL

wikked
02-04-2007, 01:34 PM
pics? :)

84hurst
02-04-2007, 04:08 PM
pics? :)

x2, let's see it!!!

MurphysLaw88GT
02-04-2007, 04:52 PM
I want to see!!!

70challenger452
02-04-2007, 05:21 PM
If you were really interested you could call Galen Glover, costs money but you could find out some real interesting stuff

MurphysLaw88GT
02-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Meh.........